Weird goalkeeping transfers.

Over the past few FM's I've noticed weird transfers in relations to goalkeepers.

Like massive clubs such as Barcelona and Manchester United will sign absolutely shocking lower league goal keepers for no apparent reason whatsoever.

Sometimes I'll put an ageing keeper on the transfer list and a large reputation club will become interested or make an offer.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Third choice backup keeper? It sounds a bit like Man City signing Richard Wright when they already had Hart & Pantillimon (sp) plus whatever youngsters where kicking about in the development squads.

There's been a bug that has a habit of reappearing where a club churn 3rd choice keepers, sure I saw it mentioned as being fixed on one of the recent updates.

OP, what game version are you playing?

Counsel for the defence cites the case of Brad Jones to Liverpool: one of the worst 'keepers, nay, one of the worst players I've ever seen live (and as a Sheffield Wednesday fan he's up against some stiff competition there) signs as second choice for a team who got to the semi-final of the Europa League the season before and were in Europe again for the coming season.

There's been a bug that has a habit of reappearing where a club churn 3rd choice keepers, sure I saw it mentioned as being fixed on one of the recent updates.

OP, what game version are you playing?

I'm running the latest version. My 36 year old goalkeeper who was one star rated and extremely poor was being chased by Barcelona. It made no sense to me.

It's happening less on this version but it's just something I've always noticed and wondered if there was a problem.

I saw that a lot in FM14, but i haven't noticed it on FM15 so far.

Maybe it is only "partially fixed".

I remember in FM14 when high profile clubs were always after my rubbish (to their standards) keepers and then they got angry if i didn't sell them. And if i did sell them, they ended up spending their time filling the water cups for the first team (or something like that).

Archived