Is there a way to stop my team from giving away fouls?

No idea what's going but my team just give away fouls without rhyme or reason as a result, we now have a reputation of being very aggressive. I've done countless defensive training sessions but the number of fouls per matches is still rising (current match is at 22 fouls in 60mins)

I use all the options to tell people not to foul but they still do it.

Fouls is not primarily due to tactics.

Sure attack will make you team foul more, because attack is more aggressively trying to get the ball back, but the primary factor for fouls, is your players ability to decide when to make tackles. (Get Stuck In, Tackle Harder and other tactics effects dec in small ways)

The real key is how your team is motivated, if you team talk your team really badly, you get situation where players get direct red cards, but on the other hand you can team talk them into being much better at making good decisions. Unfortunately what is the right team talk, change from game to game and I personally keep making choices with result I can't predict, so I don't know if there is a logical choice to be made.

All I can say, that most of the time, my team commits less fouls than the opposition side, I take a hard line with red cards (two yellow = 1 week wage, direct red = 2 weeks) and in press conference, I always go against rough play.

I used to have a problem with my DM and full backs giving away too many fouls so I gave them the instructions to ease off tackles. Doesn't make a huge difference and it will also depend on how you play. If you play a high pressure pressing game then you're going to have to accept that you will commit fouls.

A few attributes could affect fouls. For eg, I have a brilliant tackler(19 tackling) in Luis Gustavo but his high aggression and dive into tackles ppm will gets him send off 70% of the time when he gets a yellow.

Check your team for high aggressive attributes(anything above 15) or dive into tackles ppm players.

Archived