Fanbase

How do you increase the clubs fanbase, i am one of the top clubs in the premiership and have spent 18 consecutive years in the premier division with some top 5 placings.

The ground capacity is 14000 and the board won't build a new stadium because the can't see the fanbase increasing, why is this?

What club are you? If your a club from a little town then there'd be no point having a stadium bigger than the whole towns population :p

Why not? Fans can travel. Large clubs attract fans from all over the world, so if you're consistently doing well, your club should at least be able to attract fans from outside the city limits. It will be much harder, but not impossible.

Why not? Fans can travel. Large clubs attract fans from all over the world, so if you're consistently doing well, your club should at least be able to attract fans from outside the city limits. It will be much harder, but not impossible.

Of course they do. But to have a stadium capacity larger than the population of the town or city in which it is based would be a little bit ridiculous to me. You've got to think of transport links and policing etc. 100,000 people turning up in Grimbsy (population of 88,000) would bring the transport infrastructure to it's knees. There's a reason clubs are only allowed to build stadiums of a certain size, Arsenal originally wanted a larger stadium than 60,000 but the council wouldn't allow it due to the local transport infrastructure being unable to support anymore people, and that's in a city of 7 million people with underground trains, multiple bus routes etc..

Growing a club is one thing but there has to be a realistic ration between capacity and population.

I would suggest that this isn't how the game is actually programmed. In my long term save as Berwick Rangers (English team playing in Scotland) I am having a 21,000 stadium built despite the town of Berwick only being in the <25000 bracket in the database with an actual population of 12000 approx in the last census. Would love to know how this works!

Of course they do. But to have a stadium capacity larger than the population of the town or city in which it is based would be a little bit ridiculous to me. You've got to think of transport links and policing etc. 100,000 people turning up in Grimbsy (population of 88,000) would bring the transport infrastructure to it's knees. There's a reason clubs are only allowed to build stadiums of a certain size, Arsenal originally wanted a larger stadium than 60,000 but the council wouldn't allow it due to the local transport infrastructure being unable to support anymore people, and that's in a city of 7 million people with underground trains, multiple bus routes etc..

Growing a club is one thing but there has to be a realistic ration between capacity and population.

I could be wrong but I am sure that Hoffenheim have a stadium with more seats than there are people in the town.

I could be wrong but I am sure that Hoffenheim have a stadium with more seats than there are people in the town.

Sort of, it sort of represents the area of Sinsheim (Population 35,000) but takes it's name from the Village of Hoffenheim (which has a population of 3,000+) but it's no longer actually located in Hoffenheim.

It's not an isolated area in the way some English towns and villages are, it's next to the autobahn and has train links.

Good example though, I think it stretches the boundaries of my thinking.

Forest Green do in real life (as do some others), I think their average attendance is higher than the village size as well. I think Rushden & Diamonds were the same.

Nailsworth population is 7,728 (2011 census) and the stadium capacity is 5,017 (Wikipedia) so that's a good example too, capacity still not higher than population though ;)

Considering the size of Telford ( 155K according to Wiki, bigger than Blackpool or Oxford!) it seems very odd. Perhaps its just because there are bigger clubs in Birmingham although that would no longer be true in your game.

The current president of UDC Mallorca has a plan to use the airport of Mallorca and the popularity of the island among tourists as a hub to generate more audience. And I could totally imagine loads and hoardes of tourists coming into the stadium to see Mallorca play against Barcelona or Real. Of course, the reason there might not exactly be Mallorca itself ;), but the club would still profit.

Archived