Quick question about Macs...

Just bought a Macbook air. Arrives Monday, 13", Intel HD 5000 Graphics Card, i7 processor and 8GB memory. 256 disk space. Im hoping it runs FM like a dream. Anyone got thoughts on this? Also I will need to transfer my save over from my PC to my Mac, now its straight forward enough in terms of locating it on the PC side, but as I am new to Macs, finding the folder on the Mac will be hard for me! Can anyone tell me where it is located? Finally how does FM15 work on a Mac, do I need a windows mouse? Im not sure Macs have a right mouse button!!! Sorry for any blatently obvious mistakes here with my understanding but cant stress enought that this is my first mac... Thanks in advance. Blair

Just bought a Macbook air. Arrives Monday, 13", Intel HD 5000 Graphics Card, i7 processor and 8GB memory. 256 disk space. I'm hoping it runs FM like a dream. Anyone got thoughts on this? Also I will need to transfer my save over from my PC to my Mac, now its straight forward enough in terms of locating it on the PC side, but as I am new to Macs, finding the folder on the Mac will be hard for me! Can anyone tell me where it is located? Finally how does FM15 work on a Mac, do I need a windows mouse? I'm not sure Macs have a right mouse button!!! Sorry for any blatantly obvious mistakes here with my understanding but cant stress enough that this is my first mac... Thanks in advance. Blair

It will be fine for FM.

Transfer the save, copy the game file to a disk. If you're using Steam and using Steam Cloud you can sync your games to your new laptop via steam, look that one up.

You can store your saved game anywhere you like, in the FM Load Game options, navigate to the folder you have stored it in. I'm not sure of the exact path on a Mac for saved games, but it's not really relevant.

Mac mice do not have a right mouse button, but holding CTRL and clicking invokes the contextual menus (right click menu options) (not sure if that works in FM though).

Although, you can use your old mouse from your old computer no problem, any mouse will do, they are all plug and play, simply plug it in and play.

I have an iMac and you can set to mouse to different methods of right click, one of them is mentioned above; you can also set a proper right click, so you just click the right side of the mouse. There is another that can b.e set to s timed double click (this one seemed to tricky to attempt). Hope that helps.

PS My Mac is awesome for gaming

Archived