Emulating Diego Simeone: The Only Way is Up

From watching AM play this season and last season, I have seen Simeone play with three tactics.

Plan A:

5o7f3a.png

Plan B:

33epw9l.png

Plan C:

2jds4zl.png

TI:

vp7tbk.png

Okay, I know what you guys are thinking. Why are you playing with APs instead of WPs and its because I consider the two wingers that Simeone play as "wide enganches". They'll act like a hook between the midfield and attack and then regardless of their advanced positioning, they will help out in the defence. Think of Koke and Turan. Always causing a havoc when attacking but coming back to help out in defence.

The treqs and poacher role is simplier. Think of the Griezzmann/Madzurkic pairing. One guy is the creator and the other guy's job is to score goals. The treq will roam around the area looking for the ball and run the defense rampant.

PPMs:

Wingbacks - Knocks ball at opponent, Hugs Line, Runs with ball down Flank

APs/Sts - Places shots

Training:

Preseason: Fitness/Tactics at Very High, 50%

Season Fitness/Attacking Mov at High 30%

Individual:

Just train players to their roles

Tips:

Check the odds. Always check the odds.

When Favorite stay on Control or change to Attacking

When Underdog change to Counter or Contain

Recommended Players:

Gks: Coutois, Cech, Moya, Oblak, De Gea, Valdes, Rulli, Horn

FBs: Juanfran, Mario Gaspar, Flipe Luis, Marcelo, Fabio, Rafeal

CBs: Yobo, Illori, Godin, Miranda, Balanta

DLPs: Pirlo, Tiago, Mario Suarez, Blind, Romero

CMs: Mario Suarez, Pogba, Yaya Toure, Gabi

APs: Koke, Griezmann, Feghouli, Diego Ribas, Horta, Menez, Turan

Treqs: Raul Garcia, Magnus Wolf Eikrem, Volland, Firmino

Poachers: Javi Guerra, Oriol Riera, Diego Costa, Gabigol, Torres, Larrivey

Download and enjoy

http://www.speedyshare.com/u4nFF/Simeone-Jean0987654321.7z

• 3 weeks later...

iqj95j.jpg25ft26o.jpg

Gave the 442 a crack in my first game, plays great, hussle and solid 442. had to tweak the midfield but to having only one really suited to the role so made one a roaming playmaker, but looking post game he stayed in postition anyway.. will defo carry on.

• 2 weeks later...

I've tried it, and I have to say that it worked very well for me. Really nice football, high possession, loads of chances and tight at the back. Used it for 2/3rds of the season only lost 4 matches, but two of those were 1st leg defeats that I easily turned around in the return home fixture. My team is good, but by know means the best, and I won the premier league and the champions league, mainly using the 4231 as it suited the players I have.

Good work fella!

Hi Dunga,

Are you playing this on 15.3? Been struggling to find something reliable since the update and like the look of this.

Yes mate, I did notice a slight change, maybe not as prolific going forwards. I'm starting another save now just to check that it wasn't a fluke!

Hi Dunga, I've been playing the 4231 like you and it has totally turned my season around. Just following the instructions for counter or control and it's working a dream. Got a couple of spankings early doors but now is very consistent and solid.

Playing as Leicester, second season, was struggling just above relegation but finished in 9th and just beat Arsenal at home last day of the season. And this is without players bought for the positions and my best striker, Belfodil, out injured.

Looking forward to next season!

So a big thank you to Jean.

Archived