Managers Resigning For International Jobs

Example: So at the end of season 2, after the European Cup Roy Hodgson and the German manager quit their teams.

Straight away Mourinho resigns at Chelsea and is appointed the Germany job and Villas-Boas resigns at Arsenal to manage England.

Is the international teams rep too high/unbalanced against league clubs? or certain managers need editing in their preferences, to stop them ditching high profile clubs easily for unrealistic international roles?

Is it unrealistic though? Hasn't Mourinho said he wants to try his hand at international management(although Portugal or England eventually)? ...and Villas-Boas looks like he'll take any job.

Plus by that point Mourinho would have been at Chelsea for 3 years and given his past movement patterns he'd be looking to move on.

Wait a minute - you have to leave club management to be successful as a national team manager? That would be so boring, waiting around for international breaks. I've had situations where I've managed a club match and an international friendly on the same day on different continents.

Is it unrealistic though? Hasn't Mourinho said he wants to try his hand at international management(although Portugal or England eventually)? ...and Villas-Boas looks like he'll take any job.

Plus by that point Mourinho would have been at Chelsea for 3 years and given his past movement patterns he'd be looking to move on.

Mourinho said he couldn't picture himself working in Germany since the language is too hard to learn.

BTW, I totally agree with the OP, international football has always been too important on FM

Archived