The random IDs

Darkraver13

So, I created new teams and competitions, but beside their unique IDs every item I create receives a random ID. What bugs me is that when I add the graphics, they only work if in the config file I type the random ID, not the unique ID.

But there're other objects in the database with this random id, right? So, when adding the logo f.e. not only the club I created will have this as a logo in the game, but also some other team which this random ID belongs.

Any way to get around this? Disable the use of random ID's or something? And what's the point of random IDs anyway?

Thanks.

So you can use muliple dbc files. whenever you start editing in the editor it will start 10000000024 onwards or there abouts... only one team will have the logo once you use the random id and clear the cahce new ids cant be assigned once a game has loaded database.

So you can use muliple dbc files. whenever you start editing in the editor it will start 10000000024 onwards or there abouts... only one team will have the logo once you use the random id and clear the cahce new ids cant be assigned once a game has loaded database.
yep, the only issue is if you are using any downloaded files where you dont know exactly whats in it and the person may have created a new club etc and not stated it !!

however its not a big problem as the game will generate a new ID to stop the clash, once you have updated your graphics file with the new number cleared cache etc you are good to go

Yes, i have over 30 customs leagues usally from the off so add files as i plod along, just get a pen and paper or an excel sheet depending how many u are doin. I take face from the cutout threads for players i've never heard of, for my regens while i'm at it :)

Yes, i have over 30 customs leagues usally from the off so add files as i plod along, just get a pen and paper or an excel sheet depending how many u are doin. I take face from the cutout threads for players i've never heard of, for my regens while i'm at it :)

yes its mostly facepacks that I do,.....did you know that there is a file that will replace regens with real faces:D

As we are on the files, it's like last year. FM can't work with over certain amount of files. I'm excluding editor files one by one, but does anyone know how much maximum files can you have? I have 75 editor files and every time I start a new game I get a crash dump on "Setting up game database". I tried with ~30, it worked. It'll take damn too much time to delete files one by one till it works.

Now I see the ID clashes. I load the Spanish file alone and it's ok. When I add custom Catalan league (used Andorra as nation) 9 teams from the Spanish regional divisions disappear. How can I sort this one out?

For the fantasy Catalunya league, I created all teams from scratch. 20 teams based in 20 cities in Catalunya.

I spend too much time on those league rules, and I try to stay away from DB merge. I think of duplicating all 9 newly created teams in the regional league (based on their ID I'll know which they are) and deleting the old records. The duplicates will have new IDs. This should work, right?

i always use one file for teams just to be sure there is no clashes. also if you want to add more nation rules (advanced rules) to one file, make sure you make all database changes and after that you can make league systems. that way you will b sure there is no data clashes

So, duplicating teams didn't work. But I had the next brilliant idea. Took 9 extincted teams and changed them completely. Names, city etc. and replaced the 9 teams in the regional league. Worked like a charm.

But it's really pain in the ass, creating so many leagues. SI should really make it possible to add multiple nation rules with one file. I doubt it their programmers can't do this.

Archived