How much first team to succeed in promise ?

I sometimes would promise a player first team football in the coming month, play him, but still fail to succeed promise.

I might be playing him little time, maybe coming in as a sub on 70th minute. But how much is considered first team football?

Is it just important to start him the matches ? Maybe I could start him in a match then sub him off on the 30th minute. It might count as first team football match. The thing is that the player is a good future prospect but I still want him for cover.

Do you guys know how much games until the promise is fulfilled?

Not necessarily. I told a guy I'd give him some more first team time. In the end, I gave him only 1 start an 2 substitute appearances. (The second probably cost me points.) I thought I'd failed, so I transfer listed him the week before the promise was out of time, but he said that was enough. The promise succeeded. He wants to stay. This just happened like ... yesterday.

First team generally equals starting time. I hate it when guys I signed as subs who rate one gold star (FM 2013) think they should be getting starts ahead of my three and a half gold star guys whom are performing well. Would be nice to be able to tell them you signed them as a back-up so deal with it.

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

It surely depends on the player - his ambition, perception of himself, age, etc.

If he's highly ambitious or getting old and his career is in danger of stagnating, he'll more likely demand more first team action (i.e. starts). What that number of starts is will differ from player to player.

Not necessarily. I told a guy I'd give him some more first team time. In the end, I gave him only 1 start an 2 substitute appearances. (The second probably cost me points.) I thought I'd failed, so I transfer listed him the week before the promise was out of time, but he said that was enough. The promise succeeded. He wants to stay. This just happened like ... yesterday.

It appears to count other factors such as;

a) Previous game time - It was easier to shut up an idiot asking for more game time having played 20/35 games with only 2-3 more starts than it was someone who hadn't played at all.

b) It'll factor in any progress made in attempting to sell them, if you have agreed to sell them - Notably, if they're on a decent wage and no one wants to bid for them or, they get a bid but fail in contract negotiations on the basis of wage (usually) they'll shut up and be "content with their playing time", even if you've never played them in the promise period.

Archived