Is this normal?

Two players asked for transfers, I told them that we would win the title this season and they were both happy to stay if we won it. Well, we won it and the next day they both ask for transfers again because I hadn't kept my promise.

Well I managed to shut one of them up, but I've had to tell the other player that I'll bring in players to match his ambition and now I'm thinking all this has done is make the situation worse as I don't need any new players, and most of my team are real quality! also, I'm guessing that even if I do sign a real quality player I'm still going to have the same issues.

That's one reason i bought the ingame editor, another is backup players demanding play time before winter break and then demanding transfer before i even had a single competition game and the chance to play them.

I know this won't appease most but what I usually do when having these "bugs" is looking at it as if couldn't it happen in real life.

In this case of players moaning even though the promise has been fulfilled, it do happen now and again in real life as well. Maybe not precisely the way it is described in FM but still... Use some imagination / rewrite the incident in your head so it sounds more plausible and then take action accordingly.

After all it is a game and can't ever be as life like as real life :)

I know this won't appease most but what I usually do when having these "bugs" is looking at it as if couldn't it happen in real life.

In this case of players moaning even though the promise has been fulfilled, it do happen now and again in real life as well. Maybe not precisely the way it is described in FM but still... Use some imagination / rewrite the incident in your head so it sounds more plausible and then take action accordingly.

After all it is a game and can't ever be as life like as real life :)

That's another way to deal with. Players should be getting unhappy/demand transfers much more often in FM14 anyways. It's so easy to get from a bottom table team to winning the league without players leaving. The squad building aspect of the game just needs so much improvement.

Archived