New save,where to start?

1. Get rid of dead wood in the staff

2. Appoint (if not there yet) a decent ass man with good tactical and judging player stats

3. Check reserves and youth squad for good players and promote those to first squad

4. Analyse squad per position and create formation accordingly. Check depth and quality per position

5. Sell players on positions with overkill

6. Scout players for positions that lack quality and/or depth and start other scouting assignments

7. Analyse youth squad and check which positions lack depth quality/depth

8. Look for youngsters for above stated gaps

That's how I start in a nutshell. The pre-season is my favorite part of the game. I actually keep a notebook especially for squad depth analysis. It's what I love most about this game.

Always had the same method for as long as I can remember playing FM. Never do anything else incase I jinx it!

• Attend board/assistants meeting.

• Go through every staff member, check personality etc then remove the useless ones.

• View club history/player records.

• View team report, team comparisons etc to identify the squads weaknesses.

• Attend backroom meeting.

• Set team training (always put team cohesion and fitness very high for first few weeks of pre season).

• Set individual training for the full club, sorting out reserve & U19 squads in the process.

• Reccomend future staff roles for 30+ players & sort out tutoring for promising youngsters.

• Search for decent assistant & tactical coach (fitness & goalkeeper coaches too if club allow more staff).

• Check friendlies and re arrange to a game every 3 days.

• Continue

Usually takes me a good 2 hours to get all that done and dusted, always seems to pay off though ;)

Always had the same method for as long as I can remember playing FM. Never do anything else incase I jinx it!

• Attend board/assistants meeting.

• Go through every staff member, check personality etc then remove the useless ones.

• View club history/player records.

• View team report, team comparisons etc to identify the squads weaknesses.

• Attend backroom meeting.

• Set team training (always put team cohesion and fitness very high for first few weeks of pre season).

• Set individual training for the full club, sorting out reserve & U19 squads in the process.

• Reccomend future staff roles for 30+ players & sort out tutoring for promising youngsters.

• Search for decent assistant & tactical coach (fitness & goalkeeper coaches too if club allow more staff).

• Check friendlies and re arrange to a game every 3 days.

• Continue

Usually takes me a good 2 hours to get all that done and dusted, always seems to pay off though ;)

This I also how I have approached CM/FM since I first started playing and I can easily spend 2-3 hours before hitting continue after starting a new game. I would add setting up the scouting network and requirements to the above list

1. Get rid of dead wood in the staff

2. Appoint (if not there yet) a decent ass man with good tactical and judging player stats

3. Check reserves and youth squad for good players and promote those to first squad

4. Analyse squad per position and create formation accordingly. Check depth and quality per position

5. Sell players on positions with overkill

6. Scout players for positions that lack quality and/or depth and start other scouting assignments

7. Analyse youth squad and check which positions lack depth quality/depth

8. Look for youngsters for above stated gaps

That's how I start in a nutshell. The pre-season is my favorite part of the game. I actually keep a notebook especially for squad depth analysis. It's what I love most about this game.

Bang on, exactly taht for me too!

Archived