Player went down hill quick!

I'm coming up to May 2015 on my current game with no editor changes. I'm managing Real Madrid and looking for a world class DC. I saw Kompany is valued at £10m. Seems a little low to me! I looked at him and he looks ok but not as good as he normally is. Using the in-game editor I see his CA is 144. I don't understand how he got so poor but if I sign him and play him first choice on a good training set up is he likely to get back to his real ability?

A long time with an injury will set players back quite a bit. Depending on their professionality and their age, they will slowly lumber back or close to where they were. I would imagine Kompany to get back some of his lost CA, but not fully, because of his age. I would set him on a fitness schedule for a few months.

A long time with an injury will set players back quite a bit. Depending on their professionality and their age, they will slowly lumber back or close to where they were. I would imagine Kompany to get back some of his lost CA, but not fully, because of his age. I would set him on a fitness schedule for a few months.

how do you do this with particular player? if the whole team is on 'Balanced', 'average', can you tell one guy to work out much harder?

how do you do this with particular player? if the whole team is on 'Balanced', 'average', can you tell one guy to work out much harder?

you go into individual training, set the player's focus to "strength" or "Stamina" or whatever, and set intensity from "average" to "heavy".

well, but often after injury all of his attributes fall, not only strength/stamina.

True, but you have to start somewhere. If it was a brutal injury that takes a lot away from CA, then it takes a good while to get back. I would start with the strength, or stamina, and do each on heavy with a 2 month rotation, plus lots of match time, and see where he is after that. It might take another round of physical development, then move on to those areas that you ideally would like to improve- positional training, specific attributes etc.

There are a number of ways to go, of course, but that is how I have done rehabilitation in the past with some success.

Archived