Closest Formation to Mine for Head of Youth Development.

I have no idea what 2-3-4-1 is though. It could be 2 CBs, 2 WBs + 1 DM, a straight 4 in attacking midfield (2 wingers and 2 AMCs) and a striker. Or, it could be 2 sweepers, a RB + CB + LB, 1DM + 2 CMs + 1 AMC, and a striker. And so on.

Is that formation successful?
It got me promoted to the Premier League and I'm currently managing to stay away from relegation. My team is young and most have premier league potential but outside of one of two player they aren't there yet.

Team talks seem to be important because my team can get complacent if they beat a team they shouldn't by a few goals.

Edit:The strength of the formation is that it has many sources of goalscoring. It's weakness is defensively on the counter attack. If my defence is playing poorly the opposition can get many chances on the counter. I would imagine with better players it would be much less of a defensive liability.

I have no idea what 2-3-4-1 is though. It could be 2 CBs, 2 WBs + 1 DM, a straight 4 in attacking midfield (2 wingers and 2 AMCs) and a striker. Or, it could be 2 sweepers, a RB + CB + LB, 1DM + 2 CMs + 1 AMC, and a striker. And so on.
It's the first except with Inside forwards instead of wingers.

Archived