MLS - 2015. teams

Unfortunately, they usually go with the teams that are in the league for the season that is just ending when the game is released around Nov. 1. So, NYC and Orlando would be included in MLS for Football Manager 2016. However, I think that the teams may still be in the editor for the 2015 game, but you cannot change the number of teams that play in MLS as that is hard coded. You could replace a couple of current MLS teams with NYC and Orlando with the editor if you want, however.

As SoundersFan says, the FM license only covers one year at a time: FM15 will only have the license for the current (2014) version of MLS, so you'll have to wait until FM16 to play as either of those teams in a fully-functioning MLS.

Would be nice if SI tried to get the licenses so the expansion teams can move in the specific year like real life. Like ya know the USMNT did better than England, so maybe they could try and make things accessible for us MLS fans...

NYCFC, Orlando SC, Atlanta, and wherever Becks decides to own an MLS team. MLS in FM is going to be very unrealistic and out of date for the next few years. We already have players signing in the league with Orlando and NYC, and good players at that like David Villa and Kaka. There's already a badge and uniforms. This expansion isn't going to stop SI.

Like they accommodated other leagues, including a league in a country they can't sell in (Germany and the 3.Liga thing a while back). Would be nice to accommodate MLS fans for once.

How are they going to add a team into FM when they can't possibly do any research to backup their game data. How are they going to judge the quality of the facilities, or even add players to the club when all they have is Kaka, Villa and Lampard and a few others? Is the MLS salary cap going to be increased or changed to accommodate the increased interest in football? Are MLS rules going to change, or who is going to manage or staff these new clubs?

I understand your frustration, but that's an unrealistic request at best. Your best hope is to wait until someone makes a custom MLS league for fm15 (i know there are custom ones for fm14 already out) or wait until fm16.

How are they going to add a team into FM when they can't possibly do any research to backup their game data. How are they going to judge the quality of the facilities, or even add players to the club when all they have is Kaka, Villa and Lampard and a few others? Is the MLS salary cap going to be increased or changed to accommodate the increased interest in football? Are MLS rules going to change, or who is going to manage or staff these new clubs?

I understand your frustration, but that's an unrealistic request at best. Your best hope is to wait until someone makes a custom MLS league for fm15 (i know there are custom ones for fm14 already out) or wait until fm16.

You can't make a custom MLS unless they go the OOTP route (full customization), which will never happen.

As for rules, of course anything can change, but it would be nice to keep some things up to date. And cap stuff is in the CBA. The terms are on the MLSPA website with player salaries and cap and what not. That stuff isn't hard to find and SI got that stuff right anyway so that's not the main problem.

The problems are still the same. MLS AI squad management is still garbage. They still don't understand they have 30 roster spots and the foreign restrictions. I have played MLS in FM since 08. Although I only bought FM14 a couple months ago, I see the same things. Until SI decide to allocate more resources to MLS (don't think one dude is enough!), nothing will change. They really need a guy who understands MLS and the rules. As soccer continues to gain popularity in the US, more teams will go to MLS, and FM will always be a step behind. Trust me, I was so gutted and pissed off when TFC wasn't in FM during the beginning of its expansion season. I would not have gotten FM08 if I knew TFC wasn't in the game.

As for the data and what not, they can always add it in and release it as part of a patch when they have the data. People who don't manage in MLS won't care anyways, and people who want the latest rosters and staff get it. We will see what happens with the MLS license and SI in the next few seasons but I think status quo like looknohands stated.

You can't make a custom MLS unless they go the OOTP route (full customization), which will never happen.

As for rules, of course anything can change, but it would be nice to keep some things up to date. And cap stuff is in the CBA. The terms are on the MLSPA website with player salaries and cap and what not. That stuff isn't hard to find and SI got that stuff right anyway so that's not the main problem.

The problems are still the same. MLS AI squad management is still garbage. They still don't understand they have 30 roster spots and the foreign restrictions. I have played MLS in FM since 08. Although I only bought FM14 a couple months ago, I see the same things. Until SI decide to allocate more resources to MLS (don't think one dude is enough!), nothing will change. They really need a guy who understands MLS and the rules. As soccer continues to gain popularity in the US, more teams will go to MLS, and FM will always be a step behind. Trust me, I was so gutted and pissed off when TFC wasn't in FM during the beginning of its expansion season. I would not have gotten FM08 if I knew TFC wasn't in the game.

As for the data and what not, they can always add it in and release it as part of a patch when they have the data. People who don't manage in MLS won't care anyways, and people who want the latest rosters and staff get it. We will see what happens with the MLS license and SI in the next few seasons but I think status quo like looknohands stated.

I'm fairly sure that these people (researchers) are volunteers, so it's not exactly SI's fault if no-one has come forward. Given it's voluntary, I'm sure they'd love to have hundreds spread around the country making a more accurate MLS. If anyone comes forward, I'm sure they'd be delighted.

The coding does still seem off in parts though, agree with you there. To be honest, I think the structure of MLS is so different from the vast majority of leagues around the game that they may find it hard to model. You shouldn't really be hard-coding things in-game (of course, it might not be true hard-coding, but more just not editable), but seems there's a lot done that way. It's got better over the years, but still some way away.

Hello rancer890. If you have any bugs with the rules could you post them here; http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/363228-U.S.A.-(Official)-League-Specific-Issues please

Could you PM me your gameplay feedback too please, it'd be interesting to get some. Thanks

I'm fairly sure that these people (researchers) are volunteers, so it's not exactly SI's fault if no-one has come forward. Given it's voluntary, I'm sure they'd love to have hundreds spread around the country making a more accurate MLS. If anyone comes forward, I'm sure they'd be delighted.

The coding does still seem off in parts though, agree with you there. To be honest, I think the structure of MLS is so different from the vast majority of leagues around the game that they may find it hard to model. You shouldn't really be hard-coding things in-game (of course, it might not be true hard-coding, but more just not editable), but seems there's a lot done that way. It's got better over the years, but still some way away.

Hello forameuss. Could you PM me with any gameplay feedback please? Thanks

I have nothing against the researchers, because imo the attributes are where they're supposed to be. The data set is actually not the problem. There's a loyal FM group called FMNorthAmerica where Aljarov is the head researcher for Canada, USA, and the other CONCACAF nations. They are committed and there's a lot of delegation among the MLS teams and other countries big or small. I wish I could be a researcher, but between going to TFC games and going to university for an education, I decided on the latter. :D

The problem IMO is the lack of quality control testing. SI have said that they have one person who deals with MLS and its uniqueness. It's a start, but I think they need to do more. That one person might not be an MLS fan or follow MLS closely, and might just be a English programmer for example. Maybe an MLS guy who knows the league would be good, since it's unique from all the other leagues. I think they need several guys to literally break MLS before the game goes gold.

Hello rancer890. If you have any bugs with the rules could you post them here; http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/363228-U.S.A.-(Official)-League-Specific-Issues please

Could you PM me your gameplay feedback too please, it'd be interesting to get some. Thanks

My only gripe really is how clubs are not registering enough players and a bit of cap mismanagement where some teams are over the cap. I remember it was unplayable if you waived players after the MLS guaranteed salary date and you would not get any cap relief. The game would be stuck and shown as 'over the salary cap' and you cannot advance. The main issues were always cap related.

I actually haven't managed in MLS in FM14 yet, but I'll try and do some game breaking things soon. :)

I just want a lower division playable in the USA. I am hoping with the MLS Agreement with the USL that they will be available, and I would think that the NASL would love the exposure of being in the game. I can't imagine either league would cost much in licensing, although I wonder if MLS is paying to keep the NASL out.

I have nothing against the researchers, because imo the attributes are where they're supposed to be. The data set is actually not the problem. There's a loyal FM group called FMNorthAmerica where Aljarov is the head researcher for Canada, USA, and the other CONCACAF nations. They are committed and there's a lot of delegation among the MLS teams and other countries big or small. I wish I could be a researcher, but between going to TFC games and going to university for an education, I decided on the latter. :D

The problem IMO is the lack of quality control testing. SI have said that they have one person who deals with MLS and its uniqueness. It's a start, but I think they need to do more. That one person might not be an MLS fan or follow MLS closely, and might just be a English programmer for example. Maybe an MLS guy who knows the league would be good, since it's unique from all the other leagues. I think they need several guys to literally break MLS before the game goes gold.

That's fair enough - you clearly know far more about the whole affair than me! I would agree they ideally need more than one - even if the guy is an MLS expert, mistakes can still sneak in with just one set of eyes on it. It's so unique that I'm surprised they don't put more eyes on it.

• 3 months later...

Archived