Bravery in Newgens.

Just playing Barca in the Champions League and these are the bravery attributes of the team I played against.

GK.13

DR. 7

DCR.14

DCL. -

DL. 9

MR.10

MCR, 5

MCL. 7

ML. 6

SC. 2

SC. 9

This really needs looking at. This is not unusual. In factm if anything, this is better than usual. They have 3 players in double figures. It's usually lower than that.

All my regens seem to have high values for Bravery while they lack many other essential Mental attributes. They ofcourse seem to lack Teamwork and Aggression as pointed out. This is undoubtedly from a small sample size of data.

What mental stats improve with age? I take it bravery isnt one of them? For me I think teamwork is usually on the low end, and I guess bravery as well. Determination is almost always high.

What mental stats improve with age? I take it bravery isnt one of them? For me I think teamwork is usually on the low end, and I guess bravery as well. Determination is almost always high.

Bravery improves with age. However, do not expect great improvements. There seems to be a problem. Someone must check the initial database and compare it with the database 20 years in (or sth).

Aggression, Bravery and Teamwork are not weighted attributes for any roles and do not take up Current Ability points. This means that when they are assigned to the newly generated youngsters they are completely random. Their hidden mental attributes are also randomly assigned and not weighted, and those are the ones that make up the player's personality. CA and PA is also randomly assigned of course, and so are the important non-weighted Natural Fitness and Injury Proneness attributes.

In order to become a good player that we would want to pick up, the player needs high PA, a professional and ambitious personality, low Injury Proneness, non-low Natural Fitness and otherwise a sensible distribution of the weighted attributes (which is not always the case - but this is less random). This is rather rare.

Aggression is how active the player is, Bravery how he deals with physical challenges and such, Teamwork affects decisions I think. These are important for any player, and we want at least non-low numbers in those attributes. It is thus quite logical that a player who has 10+ in all three in addition to being one of the rare players above, he is going to be -very- rare. Thus that is the kind of player I am looking for.

A defensive midfielder of the ball-winner/anchor type should have excellent physique and 15+ in all those three attributes, and to be honest 10 years in they hardly exist anymore. I believe that it is time to add ALL attributes to the weighted system. That is the way forward.

• 4 months later...
Aggression, Bravery and Teamwork are not weighted attributes for any roles and do not take up Current Ability points. This means that when they are assigned to the newly generated youngsters they are completely random. Their hidden mental attributes are also randomly assigned and not weighted, and those are the ones that make up the player's personality. CA and PA is also randomly assigned of course, and so are the important non-weighted Natural Fitness and Injury Proneness attributes.

In order to become a good player that we would want to pick up, the player needs high PA, a professional and ambitious personality, low Injury Proneness, non-low Natural Fitness and otherwise a sensible distribution of the weighted attributes (which is not always the case - but this is less random). This is rather rare.

Aggression is how active the player is, Bravery how he deals with physical challenges and such, Teamwork affects decisions I think. These are important for any player, and we want at least non-low numbers in those attributes. It is thus quite logical that a player who has 10+ in all three in addition to being one of the rare players above, he is going to be -very- rare. Thus that is the kind of player I am looking for.

A defensive midfielder of the ball-winner/anchor type should have excellent physique and 15+ in all those three attributes, and to be honest 10 years in they hardly exist anymore. I believe that it is time to add ALL attributes to the weighted system. That is the way forward.

Exactly it is and that's why i am hesitate to buy FM15 yet as i often find its very disappointing of the lack of all round good players in long career games.

It would be unbelievable if these bravery, aggressive issues remain untouched in FM15 as it was bringing up years after years for long.

Archived