Quality of youth intake

Hypothetical question here. I'm currently managing in Andorra and as you can imagine, my youth intake isn't exactly setting the world alight. But, if my team became one of the best teams in Europe, consistantly winning trophies at home and abroad, the youth/training facilities/junior coaching etc were maxed out, the best youth coaches, the national team shoots up the rankings etc etc, would the youth intake (esp Andorran youngsters) improve dramatically so that I would get top quality players (not just by Andorran standards, but by Spanish/German/English standards too)? Or would it stay at a low level much like it is now?

Improving your facilities and team reputation will eventually increase the likelihood of higher-quality players (and if your backroom staff is multi-national there's always the chance of snagging a regen with the quality of that staff's nationality, not just Andorra), but ultimately, the national coefficient for Andorra's probably never going to get to Spain/Germany/Brazil levels. So you'll want to recruit from highly-regarded countries for your staff.

You'll always be hamstrung by Andorra's youth rating. That's static and will never change as far as I know. I think it might mean there's still a chance of a highly rated youngster, but it'll be weighted against all the other nations.

Well, in theory, if you have a highly-rated youth recruitment and great training facilities, staffed by continental/world-class foreign coaches, players from those countries will be attracted to/re-gen at your club, and the "best Andorra has to offer" will want to play there, too. But it's going to be a long, hard process.

Cheers guys. Am working on increasing my reputation (started in the 2nd tier and half way through my 3rd season have 2 cup wins, won the 2nd tier and finished 2nd in the top tier, which I'm on course to win this year) and my finances so I can start improving my facilities. Due to my low reputation at the moment, finding it hard to find a parent club or attract decent coaches, but (hopefully) a champs league spot will help that this season as my performance in the Europa League boosted that. Maybe even entice some French/Spanish players to pop over the border, and you never know, Andorra is overdue a wonderkid :lol:

Archived