Not available in my country

I have bought a disc with code of FM14 in England, and now (I live in Russia) I cannot activate it, as Steam writes me that the game is not available in this country.

I would really like to ask you if it is possible to activate the British version of the game in Russia and if so, how to do it.

Thank you in advance!

Don't get me started on the troubles I've had with steam whilst outside of the UK. Have found 1 connection in the whole country what allows me to update steam, therefore at times making it very tough to play footy manager. To paraphrase Jim Royle 'Steam my arse.'

I have bought a disc with code of FM14 in England, and now (I live in Russia) I cannot activate it, as Steam writes me that the game is not available in this country.

I would really like to ask you if it is possible to activate the British version of the game in Russia and if so, how to do it.

Thank you in advance!

Contact Steam and explain what's happened, they might have a way round it.

Contact Steam and explain what's happened, they might have a way round it.

A friend of mine did this about a year ago (although he got steam working on his own). He's still waiting for a reply after numourous emails...

Oh for the days when you went to the shop, bought the game, went home, put it into your pc, loaded it, and then played it. Alas no more.

I know. I hate steam for all the trouble it's given me. I bought a physical copy of the game (in England), loaded it etc, but I still have to go through steam, which refuses to work with 99.9% of internet connections in Austria where I live (wifi, cable, many different places etc) and have found 1, yes 1, internet connection in the whole country that steam recognises. I play offline, but even so steam still insists I update every now and then, or just plain refuses to work (hence one day it took me 2 hours to reinstall steam, when the connection was perfect). If anyone from SI reads this, please, please, please, PLEASE never use steam again.

You could try a VPN but not sure if it will work, i use VyprVPN (free 3 day trial aswell) when you connect change your location to UK and see if it works.

As i say not sure if it will, i use a VPN for streaming football from America.

Let me know.

You could try a VPN but not sure if it will work, i use VyprVPN (free 3 day trial aswell) when you connect change your location to UK and see if it works.

As i say not sure if it will, i use a VPN for streaming football from America.

Let me know.

For me, the one place that works happens to be the pub, so not THAT much of a chore to go there, just can be annoying if I'm out of town/the pub is shut/it's Saturday evening and the pub's chocka etc etc

Archived