League Manager of the Year Award

How important is winning Manager of the Year in terms of what it can do for your reputation?

I won the Spanish Liga BBVA with Real Betis. My objective was to get European qualification. I also won the Spanish Cup too.

The league finished with Real Betis in 1st place, Atletico Madrid in 2nd and Real Madrid in 3rd.

451DF5A5-C896-4D5A-ACAC-4EBFD64A4768_zpsxplx41gt.png

A news item comes up with the following on Manager of the Year. How the heck did I not win it! I didn't even get the runners up.

5AF5E069-23B8-49AA-A093-5DCAD8C8CE96_zps3riulz6h.png

I would be interested to know how this is decided. I'm really surprised I didn't get it.

• 2 weeks later...
This is majorly bugged I think, I have one the treble before and a manager who won nothing won it. This has happened several times in different saves. Doesn't make any sense at all!

It's probably that your rep (and club's rep) is so high, that even winning all those trophies is not considered a big deal by the game, whereas a lower profile manager who say takes a team expected to be relegated into Europe, is considered to have achieved a more impressive feat. It's the way a computer rates things.

Archived