Admin points deductions??

Apologies if this has been posted but I can't find it anywhere.

A team in a game I am playing (Scottish Championship) have gone into administration yet have received no points deduction as a result. Is there any particular reason for this??

Thanks

Is it not delayed till the start of the next season. I think Leeds got a points deduction when they were pretty much already relegated to stop it from really effecting them, so eventually the rule was changed to the season after. I'm guessing though.

Is it not delayed till the start of the next season. I think Leeds got a points deduction when they were pretty much already relegated to stop it from really effecting them, so eventually the rule was changed to the season after. I'm guessing though.

The rule in Scotland is an immediate 15 points deduction when a club goes into administration, and if they are still in it the following season then start that season with another points deduction.

If it is a 2nd insolvency event involving that club then it's an immediate 25 points deduction.

The rule in Scotland is an immediate 15 points deduction when a club goes into administration, and if they are still in it the following season then start that season with another points deduction.

If it is a 2nd insolvency event involving that club then it's an immediate 25 points deduction.

I was under the impression the deduction should be immediate. We're in the middle of January and, sorry to upset you mate, but it's Hearts so by definition it should be a 25 point penalty.

25 points is ridiculously harsh. They may as well automatically relegate them

I agree it is rough, but Hearts or whomever ought to be minding their business a bit better, especially if they've had one administration already.

You think 25 points is bad, check out the Cypriot First Division IRL.

Alkis Larnaca have been deducted a total of 37 points over the season because of financial reasons and have only clawed back 2 so far, so they sit bottom after 22 games with -35.

They made this 25 point second deduction to force clubs to be more strict with their finances, too many clubs up here were happy to spend without worrying about the consequences, in other words stop cheating or be hit by penalty points.

Is it not delayed till the start of the next season. I think Leeds got a points deduction when they were pretty much already relegated to stop it from really affecting them, so eventually the rule was changed to the season after. I'm guessing though.

Yup, and then the Football League went ahead and gave them a points deduction the season after for good measure.

Archived