[FM14] South Korean League System

This file builds the Korean league system down to level 7 based on the 2013 season

K_League_Classic.png

South Koreas top tier since 1983 (although a semi-pro precursor existed since 1964) and is currently one of the top leagues within Asia. For the first time in it's history the K-League now has a system of promotion and relegation with a newly created lower tier (partly due to pressure from the AFC as alongside Australia it was the only major Asian League without such a system). This league is default as it is in the game.

K_League_Challenge.png

Newly created professional second tier consisting of teams who were part of the top flight alongside teams from the previous 2nd tier the National League and one from the amateur Challengers League. Is default as it is in the game

Korea_national_league.png

Former second tier now moved down to the 3rd due the onset of K-League promotion/relegation. Formed in 2003 (a pre-cursor semi pro comp ran from 1983-2002) the National League is a semi pro affair with 10 teams playing 3 rounds for a total of 27 games with the top 4 advancing to post season playoffs. Please note teams from tier 3 onwardscan not promote nor relegate.

Challengers_League.png

Nationwide amateur league established in 2007. In such a short existance it's seen a fairly sizeable turnover in membership but currently consists of 18 teams. These 18 teams are split into two pools of 9 who play 3 rounds with the top 3 from each advancing to post season playoffs. Despite being amateur many teams play in massive oversized stadiums despite attendances being lacklustre.

site_logo.gif

hs-ssfl%20photo.jpg

league-logo-final-copy.jpg

logo.gif

Amateur leagues with two from the Seoul area and two from the South East. These leagues in real life are heavily dominated by SK's sizeable ex pat population. Each organisation has a different number teams/divisions.

U-League.png

Competition established in 2008 for university and colleges across South Korea (the country has a lot of them). Year on year membership has increased with 76 institutions currently taking part. These teams are split across 8 groups geographically in pools of 9 or 10 for 2 rounds with the top 2 from each advancing to post season playoffs.

Cups

Korean_FA_Cup_emblem.png

The main cup competition since 1996 (although their are 3 cups it can trace it's lineage to as a nationwide cup comp) invites all teams from the top 4 tiers plus the 16 U-League teams that make the post season.

Korea_national_league.png

The national league runs a knockout comp alongside it's league. the 10 teams are divided into two pools of 5 where they play each other once and the top two advance to the semi finals.

34e16aa38cffce84b683b5864eef967fe6ffb0f4.jpg.jpg

The footballing part of the yearly multi sport National Sports Festival now it's the 94th incarnation. Separate competition exists for the club teams and the university teams. The club competition is contested by non-professional teams (National League and Challengers League) whilst the university competition is between all colleges/universitys (both U-League and non U-League). Youth versions also run but these are not included.

league-logo-final-copy.jpg

League cup for teams in the KFFL played at the end of the first half of the season.

K-League_All_Star.png

An all star match. The selection for each team has varied for each year but currently it pits a K-League Classic select against a K-League Challenge select.

Other Changes

. General club changes/missing clubs added

. Competition histories

. Competion name changes to reflect sponsorship(s)

. extinct competition histories including the pre KFA Cup national comps and the league precursors to the K-League and National League among others.

. media sources

. new cities

. South Korean national team nickname

Known issues

. Despite giving Police FC a home ground (they have one in Ansan for the 2014 season) they still appear to be playing all matches away. Not major issue as Police FC can't be managed due them being made up of players doing national service.

. In the Challengers league teams actually playing their own group twice then the other once, unable to replicate this with the basic editor.

. In The U-League the top 4 from each group (32 teams) advance to the playoffs but the basic editor can only take forward 20 max hence the compromise.

. The KFA Cup format is not 100% true due to editor limits/competitions I can't find information on. The real format can be seen here

. The National League Championship actually take place at a single venue across a two week period but this can't be replicated so I've opted for it to take place over a longer period and at clubs respective grounds with the final being a neutral venue.

. I'm missing a lot of information for U League teams namely colours and stadia. If anyone can help in this regard it'd be greatly appreciated.

. For many teams I was only able to find a home kit so creative license was used for away kits. For some teams I could find neither so creative license had to be used for both. This is to avoid lots of teams playing in same colors i.e. the default blue/white.

. Many stadia in the amateur leagues are impossible to find capacity for so a figure of 1000 has been used as a generic value

. The national sports festivals actually take part at a neutral venue over the course of two weeks or so with regional qualifiers for some provinces. Working on adding the qualifiers but for now a standard all in format works with a final at neutral venue.

. The Saturday/Sunday league comps run two seasons (one in spring and one in the autumn) but this is impossible to do in the basic so as a compromise I've extended the number of rounds played plus added in a mid season break which is in line with the split between each season

.The Saturday/Sunday leagues are heavily dominated by ex pat's. Some teams represent certain nationalities but however changing the based nation in the DB didn't help reflect this (tried other methods too)

. Amateur teams tend not to have home grounds but rather play on a variety of pitches that are available at the time. I've assigned each team with one of the grounds used by their respective league

. Information on any more amateur leagues or cups (of any level) would be appreciated.

Future plans

If there is enough interest I may create a fictional South Korean system with promotion and relegation between the levels. Also considering a North Korea file to run alongside this but this will be dependant on how much information I can actually find given the countries secrecy.

Version 1.2 Download

COOL! This is great! As I always play the Korea league. Actually I am doing this myself too but can't get it to work like in real life format for the lower leagues so I just unlock them and give them simple league rules where they play each other 2 times or 3 times to fit in the nation rules. And just do not know how to use the advance editor.

For more information maybe you can try this forum http://forum.rokfootball.com/viewforum.php?f=16&sid=81d4d6e618185130503617d41b67fc39 ... or maybe you already have. LOL! So far that is the only english source i know of for football in Korea.

Hope you can have more people interested as I would love to have promotion and relegation between the levels! I did try do it for all the levels but in the end I just did for national league and challengers league though i make them all into pro teams to increase the fun.

Though I have a question. As when i play with the default k league system, i forgot which year though, where there is a new rule changes for classic kick in where you need 2 under 23 players in your match squad and 1 in your first 11. Do your file able to reflect this as well?

Last but will you be doing the national league cup and challengers cup as well?

Note: Someone over here did a great North Korea file which I used along my save. Maybe you can take a look at that -- http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/375294-FM14-DaW3xXx-s-North-Korea-Reality-Database

I'm aware of said forum and I've used it already, invalueable source of information for South Korea.

In regards to promotion relegation I tried it between the K-League Challenge and National with the default nation rules but it got pretty messy due to the Challenge League changing format in the 2014 season so if I were to do a system with movement between all levels I'd need to build new nation rules from scratch.

As for the rule change I think that'd be possible with the advanced editor but as of yet I've not fully got my head round it yet.

Oh I didn't know about the Challenge League changing format in 2014 ... but I do encounter problems and not sure if you have .... for me I encounter losing all the registration and foreign players rules for Classic and Challenge and no matter what I do to include the fixtures rules in adv editor to get them back, it just won't solve it ... not sure what happen ... you come across this? i very new to editing so maybe i did something wrong or is the k league hard coded like the MSL?

WOW! New updated version! Really great job you have done here. Is it possible to have promotion and relegation all the way down to the Korean Foreigner League?As I see that league have no promotion and relegation. As though it is fictional would like to take a team all the way up to k league classic.

• 1 month later...

New version now up. Major change is I've moved the U-League to a secondary division i.e. non playable as it's the only effective way of stopping university teams signing players (plus alot are missing stadia as well) and also allows teams to be drawn properly for the KFA Cup

• 2 months later...
Can play with EEE English database? Gibraltar and North Korea ?

I try it with North Korea database and Gibraltar (official version though ... the EEE Gibraltar version have not try it yet with this one) with no problems.

I not sure which North Korea database you are talking about but if it is this NOrth Korea database - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/375294-FM14-DaW3xXx-s-North-Korea-Reality-Database ... than no problem with this south korea database

As for EEE English database, I try it with another South Korea database that you can find in this forum with no problems ...

Archived