How to decrease unwanted skill (long throw, corner...)

I have a Striker good high Corner and Long Throw ability, is there a way I can decrease this ability so that I can free up some PA points for other needed skill?

Even when I set focus on only Finishing, he still increase in these two skills after a year which is a complete waste of PA.

Complete waste of CA, not PA. And it won't be a heavily weighted attribute for a striker so won't take up much at all. FM is changed now so you can't focus solely on key attributes and neglect the rest, as it made it too easy to develop players for their role.

At the end of the day if he's scoring and playing well, then it doesn't matter. If he's not doing that then sell him and find someone with higher attributes in the key areas for a striker.

You should ask in the "Tactics and Training" forum since that's the point of training. Age and gametime increase a player's CA points, but training redistributes them into the attributes you want. When CA has maximised (ie CA=PA), or the player has peaked his CA, training will still redistribute CA by taking from unnecessary attributes and adding to necessary ones; for example, a player training as a poacher will lose tackling points to increase finishing.

Set pieces attributes don't take up any CA/PA. Corners, Free Kicks, Long Throws and Penalties can all be 20 and it doesn't take up any CA at all. I've tested this using the editor on various players.

Really??? Cool, if this is true then it's awesome! Thanks for the good news.

Can anyone else confirm this as well?

You should ask in the "Tactics and Training" forum since that's the point of training. Age and gametime increase a player's CA points, but training redistributes them into the attributes you want. When CA has maximised (ie CA=PA), or the player has peaked his CA, training will still redistribute CA by taking from unnecessary attributes and adding to necessary ones; for example, a player training as a poacher will lose tackling points to increase finishing.

I know that CA can be redistributed but even when I put the focus on different area, with General Training in team training, the players will still increase those unneeded attributes though.

Complete waste of CA, not PA. And it won't be a heavily weighted attribute for a striker so won't take up much at all. FM is changed now so you can't focus solely on key attributes and neglect the rest, as it made it too easy to develop players for their role.

At the end of the day if he's scoring and playing well, then it doesn't matter. If he's not doing that then sell him and find someone with higher attributes in the key areas for a striker.

So are you saying Longthrow +1 does not take as much PA as Finishing +1 for the striker?

So are you saying Longthrow +1 does not take as much PA as Finishing +1 for the striker?

PA is simply the total amount of CA points can have; a striker raising his finishing by +1 will count more against CA than longthrows will. As a striker, longthrows won't count very much against a player's CA, and you could likely see it increase by 5 points or so without directly impacting the CA value.

Archived