Personal Instructions (in tactics) changing automatically

Hi guys,

I've been having a problem that I can't seem to solve... Tried to find it on the Forum's but couldn't find it.

I've got an Inicial tactic and 2 alternative ones, each one with Different player instructions. I made them from scratch and edited them one by one.

Then, obviously enough, I started playing and, from time to time, changed it just before a game started or even in-game. But then I started to notice that my AM was Tight Marking another team's Fullback (I got my Wingers doing that in one of my tactics), so I checked it out and some of the players had their roles in normal mode (example: Attacking Winger, Deeplying Playmaker on support) but their individual settings were mixed (example: the deeplying Playmaker had the individual settings of the Winger and vice-versa).

I found out that, when you change tactics in the General or the Players View, it starts to do this - and it only happens with the Wingers and Midfielders, as the other players retain their individual roles...

Is it something easily fixed? What can I do for the players stop doing this?

Help is needed as it is very frustrating ALWAYS having to check out if they are playing the right way.

Thanks in advance.

Hi guys,

I've been having a problem that I can't seem to solve... Tried to find it on the Forum's but couldn't find it.

I've got an Inicial tactic and 2 alternative ones, each one with Different player instructions. I made them from scratch and edited them one by one.

Then, obviously enough, I started playing and, from time to time, changed it just before a game started or even in-game. But then I started to notice that my AM was Tight Marking another team's Fullback (I got my Wingers doing that in one of my tactics), so I checked it out and some of the players had their roles in normal mode (example: Attacking Winger, Deeplying Playmaker on support) but their individual settings were mixed (example: the deeplying Playmaker had the individual settings of the Winger and vice-versa).

I found out that, when you change tactics in the General or the Players View, it starts to do this - and it only happens with the Wingers and Midfielders, as the other players retain their individual roles...

Is it something easily fixed? What can I do for the players stop doing this?

Help is needed as it is very frustrating ALWAYS having to check out if they are playing the right way.

Thanks in advance.

It's been logged in the bugs forum mate.

Doc or wpmk, please upload your examples if you get the time. As far as im aware, its only happening in specific and slightly odd circumstances.

Eddy I guess it depends on how many different formations/player instructions you have. Can't say I'm suffering from it, though it clearly exists.

Doc or wpmk, please upload your examples if you get the time. As far as im aware, its only happening in specific and slightly odd circumstances.

Eddy I guess it depends on how many different formations/player instructions you have. Can't say I'm suffering from it, though it clearly exists.

Do you often switch formation mid-game?

Must admit i have been keeping my eye out for this but none of mines seem to change, but i only really have them set up for my wingers and advanced playmaker, and in all three tactics they have the same instructions set apart from one on the playmaker i think. Would be hugely frustrating tho.

Wouldn't say often, but I do. But I also don't have many player instructions.

The player instructions aren't the only issue though. The way players switch positions between tactics has completely changed;

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/379096-14.2-Bug-in-tactics-Individual-Instructions-switching?p=9335732&viewfull=1#post9335732

Does this issue not affect you?

If you switch with the dropdown tactic menu at the top of the screen (in match) do you also go into tactics and move players around?

And I believe it is because of new the way the positions relate to each other that the position instructions are changing, as I have pointed out in the linked post.

I'm probably miles off though!:confused:

I only noticed the changes after creating a new tactic based on an archived tactic then saving as a different one. If I swap some of the players positions around in midfield I think it might swap the player instructions too.

E.g. on one tactic I have all my AMs set to roam from their positions but if I make changes to a backup tactic I'll find all my MCs are set to roam instead.

Hence why it can be incredibly annoying to see my team concede because my holding midfielders are moving out of position i.e. it's not my tactic, it's not my fault. It's these damn bugs.

• 2 months later...

I set one midfielder as DPM/ support , one to AP/ Attack, I look a few minutes later and my support player has changed to defend, every single time, massively frustrating. I wonder why my support player is having a crap game and its because the game is auto changing him to defend. Yet another glorious glich in the buggiest game ever.. So frustrated.

Archived