[FM14] Wessex - Fictional Nation

WESSEX 2014

So who is it that rules this new nation? The Royals? The Saints? The Pilgrims? Here's a clean slate to test your skill and luck. The historic lands of Wessex awaits your rise, or demise.

Nation Overview

The League System

Premier League One (16 teams) (2 down, 1 relegation playoff spot)

Premier League Two (16 teams) (2 up, 1 promotion playoff spot, 2 down)

National Division One (20 teams) (1 up, 4 promotion playoff spots, 4 down)

National Division Two East/West (22 teams each) (2 up, 8 promotion playoff spots, 8 down)

National Division Three East/West (22 teams each) (6 up, 8 promotion playoff spots, 8 down)

Non-League (54 teams, unplayable) (8 up)

The prize money for both Premier League divisions is only shared between the top 3 teams. However, each game has £25k at stake (£3k for Premier League Two) and the winner takes all. In case of a draw, each team receives 20% of the stake.

There are some restrictions set in place on number of foreign players too. You're allowed 10 foreigners in your match squad in the Premier Leagues and 12 in your whole team, and 5 in the National Divisions.

The Cups

FA Cup (184 teams, 9 rounds)

King Alfred's Shield (Super Cup - Premier League One vs FA Cup)

Premier League Cup (All teams from both Premier League divisions)

National Trophy (All teams from National divisions + 44 non-league teams)

Cup competitions use a Golden Goal format in case of a draw, and then penalties.

DOWNLOAD

Wessex leagues (This has been tested for 80 seasons and no crash)

Wessex flag (Extract this file in to the graphics folder)

British Isles Tournament (Inspired by the British Home Championship and the Six Nations, I've created this biennial tournament between Wessex, England, Wales, Scotland, Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The counties I've included in this database are Berkshire, Devon, Dorset, Gloucestershire, Hampshire & IOW, Oxfordshire, Somerset, Wiltshire. Wessex changed it's borders many times but these counties seem to be the core of the kingdom. I may experiment with it though and add some other teams in to the mix.

I've also added two new downloads in the main post (including an update for the leagues). One is the graphics for the flag to add in to the game, and one is a new international tournament based on the old British Home Championship.

• 1 month later...

You'd be hard-pressed to find anyone from Oxford, Swindon or Reading that would consider themselves part of Wessex. I grew up in Wantage and we're probably the furthest extreme to which anyone around this way considers themselves a part of Wessex.

You'd be hard-pressed to find anyone from Oxford, Swindon or Reading that would consider themselves part of Wessex. I grew up in Wantage and we're probably the furthest extreme to which anyone around this way considers themselves a part of Wessex.

Maybe so, but I used the map on this page to set the boundaries. I may scale it down for the next version, but where some counties are divided (Taking Wiltshire as an example, Swindon may not be Wessex but Salisbury is), it's easier to use the complete county rather than nit-pick.

• 7 months later...

Archived