Dog Kennel Hill

I can't claim to be much of an avid follower of England U-19 venues but I have never heard of Dog Kennel Hill? I did a quick Google and it seems to be a school for children aged 3-11.

I don't really have the expertise to determine whether this is a mistake or anything. This post is mainly just a stream of conciousness I suppose.

Interesting. Dog Kennel Hill was the old home ground of Dulwich Hamlet FC. It's now a Sainsbury's, as of 1990 (?), when DH sold their ground to them and moved next door, to the Champion Hill Stadium. In the 1948 olympic, Dog Kennel Hill (Old Champion Hill) had a capacity of around 40,000.

So essentialy the u19s are playing in a Sainsbury car park.

There is an error in the database, which Dog Kennel Hill being marked as "Used for all matches" for the Under-19s.

Dulwich Hamlet's ground, Champion Hill, which is in the database correctly is off Dog Kennel Hill. They rebuilt Champion Hill and moved it slightly, but didn't change its' name. I suspect Dog Kennel Hill was added to the database to distinguish (incorrectly) between the old and new. If so, it should have been marked as extinct of course, and definitely not as used for the Under-19s.

The old Champion Hill stadium did host 1948 Olympics football matches and was certainly big enough for England U19s. It is now a Sainsbury's supermarket so wouldn't be much use any more.

I suspect Dog Kennel Hill was added to the database to distinguish (incorrectly) between the old and new.

Maybe this is just me being dense, but why would the database need to distinguish between a stadium that does not exist, and a new one? The game doesn't seem to reference the old stadiums in any way that I have noticed

So essentialy the u19s are playing in a Sainsbury car park.

And in the OP's linked match, Dion Conroy wasn't really injured- he just had to leave early because he forgot he was rota'd on the late shift.

Archived