Scouting reports and filtering unrealistic prospects

I am just wondering why my scouts would send me reports on players I have no chance of signing?

When I manage a Skrill South club in England, I get reports and recommendations on Argentinians and other non-EU players who would have no chance in hell of getting a work permit in England.

Also when asking my AssMan to filter out unrealistic players on player searches, it never includes these types of players.

F.x. I have a scout report for a 17-year old American player with no second nationality (CA: decent Regional Prem Div., PA: good Skrill Premier CM). The report states that Work Permit = Unlikely to be granted. Why would I need a scout report on him? - and why isn't he filtered out when I ask my AssMan to exclude unrealistic transfers?

Both advisors should know the local rules of the league they work in, and be able to sort out these players.

Am I allowed to play him in U18 and U21 matches?

I'm not sure why some people have an issue with this tbh, maybe its just me.

You send your scout out to find players, some are suitable for you some aren't. At the moment he tells you about everyone and you can filter out the ones that don't suit your needs. I much prefer it this way to him keeping quiet and not filing a report on player X because he isn't suitable for you.

Its like David Moyes sending out his scouts to look for the next Messi and his scouts returning and not telling him about the next Schmeichel they spotted.

I'm not sure why some people have an issue with this tbh, maybe its just me.

You send your scout out to find players, some are suitable for you some aren't. At the moment he tells you about everyone and you can filter out the ones that don't suit your needs. I much prefer it this way to him keeping quiet and not filing a report on player X because he isn't suitable for you.

Its like David Moyes sending out his scouts to look for the next Messi and his scouts returning and not telling him about the next Schmeichel they spotted.

But the point behind the original post is that even if the player is a future gem of a player the fact is he cant get a Work Permit. If the scout finds him...fine... but the ASS Manager should filter this player out (or even the clubs admins) as its not a realistic transfer!....at this time!

• 6 years later...

Hi guys,

im doing a Athletic Bilbao save and because i dont receice many scout reports i was trying

to do the assignments myself!

But i can't seem to find to add a filter realistic transfers or unrealistic transfers in the scouting assignments center

Can someone help me?