FM 2014, best fm ever. (no joke)

Hey,

with all the criticism going around the forums lately, I belive it's in its place to give some credit to SI, for making this great game. At launch, game sucked hard. Too many goals were scored and conceaded, but after the latest patch. 14.1.3, game is really fantastic!

My 1st season with Arsenal went crap, because the patch came in mid season. I did end up as number 4, but had lost too many games, and conceaded like 72 goals. Crazy. Patch came and in 2nd season, everything was MUCH better. Much more realistisc results, and I even ended up winning the league, but losing both carling/capitol one cup finale and champions league finale. A lot less goals were scored and conceaded, no real shocking results other than my losing 4-1 to Swansea at home. I did edit my tactics and got some new players for the new season, so it could be that, however, it seems after the patch fullbacks and complete wingbacks are getting a lot more realistic ratings and contributing much more to the game. Having L. Baines and Sagna on the backs, obviously meant a lot with patch.

I just want to say that I believe apart from the ME producing too many goals from short angles and corners, the game is perfect at the moment.

Being able to praise players on winning awards and having a lot better mind game with opposition managers is cool, and the new tactics actually feels a lot more in depth than the old one, especially seeing as you can now make certain players do stuff based on their position, rather than the position itself. So Mertesacker will be able to mark tight, while Koscielny will be going more forward, even though both play same position is cool.

Thanks for this great game SI.

i strongly agree with you, well done SI, i couldnt really get into fm13, fmc saved me on fm13, so far this year i have played normal and fmc, and have loved playing both, i have also bought the ingame editor, and tho its not as detailed as fmrte, its still got enough for me to be happy with, yes there are flaws, but on the whole well done :thup:

Although i've only played the demo, the game just seems so much more slicker compared to previous versions.

I had a long term save on FM12 with Blyth Spartans and after a few seasons, the match engine and tireless amounts of press conferences, starting to grind on me.

But having played the demo, i'm going to purchase FM14 on Wednesday, really can't wait for the full version. Start up another long term lower league save.

I agree interaction wise it is the best. tactics are easier to create. the Match engine is the problem. I guess the people who are having fun are all playing with top teams in a top league. try lower leagues. You will see the flaws. But still fun to a point!

Really enjoying this one as well. The way you set tactics & instructions is much better, and it feels much more like you are in control and the players actually do what you tell them. The new interface is really slick as well, feels much more polished. Sure there are a few bugs, but much better than at release of previous versions. I wasn't going to play until the recognized issues had been fixed but couldn't resist!

Once the defending / corner bugs and the contract negotiation quirks have been ironed out I think I will be taking a week off work for my long term save :p

What are the issues people are having in the lower leagues? Contract negotiation seems to be a bit off for me, would be interested to hear what other people feel is a problem for them as I enjoy playing the lower leagues more for my long term saves.

Really enjoying this one as well. The way you set tactics & instructions is much better, and it feels much more like you are in control and the players actually do what you tell them. The new interface is really slick as well, feels much more polished. Sure there are a few bugs, but much better than at release of previous versions. I wasn't going to play until the recognized issues had been fixed but couldn't resist!

Once the defending / corner bugs and the contract negotiation quirks have been ironed out I think I will be taking a week off work for my long term save :p

What are the issues people are having in the lower leagues? Contract negotiation seems to be a bit off for me, would be interested to hear what other people feel is a problem for them as I enjoy playing the lower leagues more for my long term saves.

This.

FM14 will be the best game ever, by far.

I agree. I'm very impressed with what I've seen in FM14 so far. Loving lots of the new features and I love the new UI, as well as the new tactics system. As soon as some of the match engine problems are fixed, this will undoubtedly be a truly brilliant game :) There's so much potential to be by far the best FM game!

Archived