Developing 4-2-2-2 with interiores

Interiores, for those who don't know, are wingers that roam into a central position and leave the touchline bare for an attacking full back to run into. Modern examples would be Silva/Nasri under Pellegrini.

For some reason, I am unable to upload screenshots of my tactic/average position of my interiores. I am using a 4-2-2-2 with an AP(s) on the right wing with the instructions sit narrower and roam from position. Also, my fullback on that right side has sit wider and run wide with ball. However, the average positions still show that they basically sit in the same area(the AP in front obviously).

Has anyone implemented this role yet or what am I doing wrong with my interiore.

Thank you

The heat maps always show where the players start of from not where they make runs to. So your AP-s on the right will be shown on the right.

You could look at their passing instead of the average positions to see where they pass from, that might help.

I've been struggling to get this system working with Athletico Madrid, I'm finally starting to see some success.

My setup :

Fluidity-Very rigid

Mentality- attacking

Instructions- be more expressive, stay on feet, retain possession, work ball into box, push higher up, lower tempo, run at defense, pass into space, shorter passing, play narrower, look for overlap.

gk-defend-distribute to defender, pass shorter

fb-complete wing back- stay wider, pass shorter, run wide with ball

dcr- ball playing defender cover- pass shorter

dcl- limited defender (defend)- close down less

cmr- central midfielder (defend)

cml- deep lying playmaker ( defend)

AMR/L- advanced playmaker support- floe down more

fcr- false nine- if opponent is playing a dm he man marks tightly

fcl- poacher-

The overlapping fullbacks pull the playmakers back a little bit and push them inside so they are picking the ball up in space in between the midfield and defense usually with time to turn.

Well the heatmap could be useful, ignore the average positioning and look at where he moves during the game, you can see that he may cover a lot of ground wide and centrally too, and may in fact be doing the right thing. It could be the defensive positions taken up which are altering the apparent movement.

It could be the defensive positions taken up which are altering the apparent movement.

Separate average positions maps for with and without ball could be a nice thing to have actually.

You could try to make the interiore dribble more (maybe adv. pm/a?) if he has the ability. That would obviously not affect his movement without the ball as such but some diagonal dribbles across the defense ought to attract opponents to the interiore and open up space for others to run into.

Is there anyone else trying this out. I haven't had too much time to play but I've been struggling since the full release, just started a new save with the latest patch release. My setup has changed from above I'll try and post this weekend with screenshots once I'm a few months in to the save.

I have made it through January of the first season, I currently sit 4th in La Liga. My tactic are still not completely fluid, I think this is down changing quite a few players, and I think having so many team instructions slows it down. My leading scorer is David Villa with 21 goals playing mostly in the defensive forward role. I am looking for ideas and thoughts on what role is best to play as the left striker, right now I have it set to target man attack with move into channels. I'm getting a decent goal return but looking for ways to improve. This is the shape and roles if anyone is interested in screenshots of the individual roles and what team instructions I'm using let me know and I'll post more. I've never posted screenshots before so hopefully this works.

<a  href=ScreenShot2013-11-04at80843PM_zps2b4f2ce

I have a question that maybe someone can help me with. I'm trying to get away from using the hassle opponents shout as I feel whether right or wrong it leads to to many yellow cards especial for my box to box midfielder (Honda had 22 last season). I understand that the shout effects closing down, but also tempo and defensive line. I'll include a screenshot of the shouts I'm using, my initial thought is I need to take off the the slower tempo shout as well as the hassle opponent. All the players that can have except the center backs have press more, and all players have mark tighter. I don't want to disrupt the way I play but even with the ease of tackles checked my midfield still picks up cards. Is there anything else I'm missing by taking off the hassle shout or should this about do it?

ScreenShot2013-11-04at80902PM_zps9ae1c6f7.png

I'm playing the 4-2-4/4-2-2-2 with inside wingers in home games, and while it's getting some good results my strikers aren't really performing all that well. I generally have a lot of control of the games, but getting the ball to the 2 forwards is proving bit difficult. The more attacking striker is usually starved for real chances and doesn't see a lot of the ball even with 60-odd percent of possession. Just looking for a bit of help in trying to get my tactic to a better level going forward. Ignore the shouts, they are usually changed on a game to game basis.

dqnt.png

An example of the lack of chances my more attacking striker had.

24xg.png

7wgq.png

Something like my preferred starting line up.

I have tried switching the roles about up front, even had 2 supports to try and get them more involved in the play but it proving a bit difficult.

Just glancing at your tactic I'd think that you would have a problem on the left side with your deep-lying forward, inside forward, and cm support all trying to move into the same space. Try playing Lewandoski as a defensive forward support and Van Persie advanced forward. The advanced forward might not be as involved as you'd like but he should score while the defensive forward will drop in when needed link play and then clear the space for the midfielders to move into. How is the cm support doing for you? I'm playing a box to box but am not really seeing much in terms of results, averages high 6's low 7's without too many goals or assists.

Archived