[FM14] Caribbean Megapack 2014 (WIP, discussion)

V50

Hi all,

Plan to release another Caribbean Megapack and I thought i'd see who's about and interested. Last year Etzella and MotoClub were utterly essential for Suriname and the French Antilles, so hoping they're interested this year around. If the data files are compatible, I'll be able to release fairly early, as my final database file from last year is mostly up-to-date this year. If not, I think I'll need some help from the community to get some leagues done as I might not have as much time this year :(.

There's certainly the need - the majority of the Caribbean received no love last year (understandable, given there's no playable leagues there) and Trinidad especially hasn't been updated since 2009 by the looks of it.

I will definitely include;

Caribbean Club Championship, (and a rebuilt CONCACAF Champions League if god forbid the circumstances need)

Trinidad and Tobago domestic competitions (like all of them, except the Eddie Hart League as I can't figure out how it fits in)

Guyana (Trinidad teams seem to like their players)

St. Lucia (ditto)

St. Vincent and the Grenadines (ditto)

St. Kitts and Nevis (ditto)

Barbados (rivals)

Cuba (major nation)

Jamaica (major nation, plus it has an excellent researcher keeping it up to date)

Grenada (seems to be potentially another source nation for Trinidad in coming years)

Puerto Rico (major nation)

Haiti (major nation)

Next priorities are;

Guadeloupe and Martinique (if I can get help)

French Guiana (ditto)

Suriname (ditto)

The rest I'll do on a request-comes-first basis :)

Thanks for your attention!

Sadly not - there are already 30 nations to deal with in the Caribbean so Costa Rica and Honduras are too far (but trust me I'd love to have the time to do them so that the CONCACAF Champs League has more competition)

Thanks man :) Your database is so well maintained I rarely need it! I usually only activate the top two divisions, so if you fancied making a Jamaican league system I'd love to include it if that's ok? I think you can give it the love it deserves better than me

Will you be doing an accurate verision of the CFU Cup this year? Last year you just used top two teams I think. I ask because because in the BVI it's based on a competition, not league winners. Admittedly I think they've only ever sent someone once, but that's not the point. :)

The problem is that without a league already existing in the database I can't make it pick a specific competition when editing the continental competition - so I can pick TT Pro League for Trinidad as the league is already in the database. If BVI has the competition in the database I can pick it, otherwise not :(. As long as they have 1 competition it can work (in your edits you might have to swap the main league and the competition's names out, i.e. whatever competition is in the vanilla database rename and format as the qualifying competition). We need an ability to pick competitions in other edited files really :( However, according to the last available regulations available (2011);

The Champions of the* highest* competitive* club* category* within* each* of*the* CFU* Member*

Associations,*whereas*such*Champion*team(s)*being*determined*by*the*result*following*the*

completion* of* the* last* complete* season* before* the* Club* Champions* Cup* Tournament*

commences,*shall*have*the*right*to*participate*in*the*CFU*Club*Champions*Cup.*

So I justified the selection that way, having a 2nd team was my decision - as the CFU itself "gets to decide any other entrants" (i.e. decides if nations get a 2nd place). Since I'm the CFU in the edited database, I decided :)

edit: it put stars after everything for some reason :(

You sure. I'm sure I edited your file to choose the winner of the main cup for the British Virgin Islands and then when I created the BVI league structure and made the cup it would choose that one. Although to be honest I can't remember.

*loads up FM13 editor to check*

the vanilla database has no BVI competitions in it - is it possible you merged your edits with your database? That'd explain why I couldn't use your edits last year without a crash :( Unless you mean you told it to pick winner of main cup without specifying competition?

Saba, Sint Eustatius and Saint-Barthélemy are sadly not in the game :( until they join the Caribbean Football Union they won't be representated at a guess (Bonaire joined in March). Niue arent but should be - post it in the Oceanic data issues forum

Good news, nearly all data is transferable :) Just trying to troubleshoot a Trinidad crash. I'l also be transitioning clubs to vanilla ID (Central was added, and Guyana has a couple teams in th vanilla database that didn't exist before) for compatability

Good and bad news - good news is that I'll be able to make all leagues :) - really there's little that can't be ported over, so I'll also do the other leagues. Bad news is that Trinidad is crashing like a mo-fo so that's holding up everything

Update: All leagues are finished, but due to the bug here; http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/370723-Edited-Data-doesn-t-load-properly-on-Game-Start I can't test them. Trinidad still crashes...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sounds worrying! But I managed to get through to 2019 with my Trinidadian files so I'm hopeful. What nations were you working with?

Also to everyone interested in the files - are there any requests?

Sounds worrying! But I managed to get through to 2019 with my Trinidadian files so I'm hopeful. What nations were you working with?

Also to everyone interested in the files - are there any requests?

The game that broke had Canada, USA, Mexico, Costa Rica, Honduras, Guatemala, and Puerto Rico. I'm trying the save with just Canada, USA, and Mexico to see if the problem was with the other leagues.

Opening and closing stage leagues are real trouble... and suriname and guyana definitely! I'll be using Etzellas excellent edits from last year fot suriname so itll have lots of players too

Hope to release this very soon with all the leagues working as long as my long-term test goes swimmingly. Expect every nation, and hopefully these expansions;

French Antilles' leagues have 4 points for win, 2 for draw and 1 for defeat (done)

Guyanese league has penalties if teams draw for extra points and expanded premier division (former not working, latter done)

Haiti lower league

Opening/Closing for Dominica (if I can get it to work)

Guyanese regional leagues as second divisions (i.e. running in the same season as the main league)

Correct Cuban league with 4 groups merging into one for closing section

With a bonus Windward Islands Tournament for those playing in the Windies :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived