FM13: Up the Ante with Vukusic!

f0rmat

Thought this guy merited a post of his own, after the success I've had with him in my Swansea save.

Here's the man himself

OOBLK.png

I bought him after Pescara were relegated for £4m, and have him on wages of 25k p/w - pretty cheap. He is good enough to be a regular starter for just about anyone outside the top 6 teams in the prem, IMO. My AM reckons he still has quite a lot of room to develop too, which I'm excited about.

As you can see, he's comfortable with both feet, which is always a bonus for me, especially as a striker.

High determination, workrate, stamina, acceleration and speed - perfect attributes to succeed in the Premiership if you ask me. Also has 15 finishing, 15 'off the ball' and 13 composure. He struggled to settle initially, so I gave him a month off. He came back from that and hasn't really stopped scoring - 20 goals in 25 games, as well as 7 assists, and this is him playing up front, alone.

I was initially concerned that his PPM of 'comes deep to get ball' would be a problem, but after careful observation I think it actually works quite well. A lot of his goals are taken from fairly simple through balls behind the opposition defence, but having him drop deep occasionally means that he has plenty of time to get started on his run, and he's at full speed by the time the opposition defender picks him up.

Anyway, I highly recommend picking this chap up if you get the chance!

Interested to hear if anyone else has tried this guy out.

sorry for the thread title, couldn't help myself...

hahaha good title.

What role did you use him as?

Poacher, and set the team to use him as 'target man - run onto ball'

I should note that he doesn't speak English yet. Looking forward to when he's properly integrated with the squad too!

• 2 weeks later...

Im somehow top of the league in january with atalanta, my board set new targets and this guy in top goal scorer in the league with 15. gotta take a punt on him. im negotiating at around about 10mill but in my game his value has already rose to 6.25mill, so looks like it could be a good bit of business.

managed to get him and he was out for 6 weeks straight away, got him back into the side and he only managed one goal in five games. not his fault though our whole team sucked arse and we finished 4th after being top right up until feb. hoping he can come good this season, hes looked pretty decent in pre season just not scoring like he was at pescara.

No clue on how to post a screenie so I will write it instead! Was poor 1st season and Pescara got relegated. He got snapped up by Cagliari for 4.6m and hasn't looked back.

2013/14 played 35 scored 13

14/15 35/21

15/16 36/20

16/17 36/19

17/18 38/22

Aged 27 now so getting close to his peak. Attributes include 17 finishing, 17 anticipation, 17 composure, 14 concentration, 15 decisions, 18 determination, 16 off the ball, 17 work rate, 17 acceleration, 16 agility, 15 pace and 16 stamina.

He doesn't look that great at the start of a long term game because of his technical but his mental is really good for a youngster and that makes him a good player at his peak. He is worth 10.25m on my save. Great find OP!

Tried a few different things to acomodate him and he's finally coming good. Just as i was about to lose faith he bags two, maybe the supply he's recieving is better and the style of footbal we're playing - my record singing will be top goal scorer im determined.

Archived