FM13 Blackburn Rovers Team Guide

sirfletch2006

Blackburn Rovers 2012-13

Vc5nO.png

Welcome to the Blackburn Rovers thread, home to spiralling wage bills and no shirt sponsors

Don't fear there is help at hand...

WoCj7.png

Master of PR and signing obscure talent, Director of Football, Shebby Singh.

Key stats

Determination: 12

Judging Player Ability: 10

Judging Player Potential: 8

Shebby Fact: 167 caps for Malaysia

02st7.png1st Team Squad5ulcd.png

Goalkeepers

Paul Robinson - Age: 32 Wage: 27k p/w - Experienced keeper, decent all round ability. Great kicking, useless sweeper keeper.

Jake Kean - Age: 21 Wage: 2k p/w - Raw talent, above average acceleration and pace. Possible loanee.

Gregorz Sandomierski - Age: 22 Wage: 7,750k p/w - Capable understudy for Robinson, select him if you're worried about high balls into the box. Polish international.

Centre Halfs

Gael Givet - Age: 30 Wage: 20k p/w - Top mental stats, excellent tutor. Lacking pace, liability from crosses.

Scott Dann - Age: 25 Wage: 25k p/w - Solid defender, also lacks pace but has great aerial ability.

Grant Hanley - Age: 20 Wage: 1k p/w - Worrying mental attributes, massive potential that could develop him into a top level defensive stopper.

Nuno Henrique - Age: 26 Wage: 6k p/w - Okay defender for championship level, purely backup.

Full backs

Martin Olsson - Age: 24 Wage: 17,500k p/w - Exceptional pace, great team player. Most saleable asset.

Adam Henley - Age: 18 Wage: 2,300k p/w - Versatile full back, outstanding pace. Weak in almost every other category. Has lots of potential. Play him or loan him, this guy needs games.

Bradley Orr - Age: 29 Wage: 12k p/w - Solid dependable fullback for championship. Good tutor.

Central Midfielders

Jason Lowe - Age: 20 Wage: 7,500k p/w - Versatile. Physical and mental powerhouse with room for improvement, lacks technical ability. Biggest problem is where to play him.

David Dunn - Age: 32 Wage: 25k p/w - Fan favourite and club icon. Great technique and mental attributes. Injury prone with poor stamina. Supersub? Decent coach.

Danny Murphy - Age: 35 Wage: 25k p/w - Premier league quality in the championship. Will need to be carefully managed to last the season.

Dickson Etuhu - Age: 30 Wage: 33k p/w - Most expensively paid player in the squad. Powerful midfielder, lacking in technical ability. Very similar to Lowe but without the potential.

Robbie Cotton - Age: 17 Wage: £300 p/w - Young enigma, labelled the next Gazza. Good overall attributes for his age. Needs a mentor to reach maximum potential, anyone finds one let me know.

Simon Vuckevic - Age: 26 Wage: 18,750k p/w - Good technique, dangerous from set pieces. Can be effective in the right role and formation. Don't expect consistency.

Wide Midfielders

Fabio Nunes - Age: 19 Wage: 5k p/w - Has the attributes to become a good winger, weak in every other category. Possible loanee.

Markus Olsson - Age: 24 Wage: 7k p/w - Pretty poor footballer in every aspect. Has some pace. Worth £3.3 million. SELL.

Colin Kazim-Richards - Age: 30 Wage: 30k p/w - Competent winger will cause damage in the championship. If you're not intending to use wingers, cancel his loan immediately as his wage is damaging the budget.

Morten Gamst Pedersen - Age: 30 Wage: 24k p/w - Deadly from set pieces, great engine. Lacks pace for a winger, capable of playing in the middle but doesn't have great passing or tackling attributes. Worth finding a place for set pieces alone.

Forwards

Leon Best - Age: 25 Wage: 25k p/w - Injured for 5-7 months. Two footed striker with good pace and finishing ability. Could be useful towards the end of the season.

Jordan Rhodes - Age: 22 Wage: 30k p/w - Great movement and finishing, Lacks pace and workrate. Room for improvement

Nuno Gomes - Age: 36 Wage: 12k p/w - Declining but retains quality technical and mental attributes. Best finisher in the squad. Low determination doesn't make him a good tutor, possesses some valuable preferred moves.

Ruben Rochina - Age: 21 Wage: 10k p/w - Great finisher with good technique and first touch. Lacks pace but should finish regularly provided he has chances. Has some pretty poor mental attributes.

*Players grouped by natural position.

Squad Personality: Professional

Captain: Danny Murphy, Vice Captain: Paul Robinson

r7jPl.png

Suggested starting XI's

Key Players

7j13Q.png

History and Stuff

Blackburn Rovers Football Club is an English professional association football club based in the town of Blackburn, Lancashire. The team competes in the Football League Championship from the 2012–13 season. They were relegated from the Premier League, the top tier of English football, at the end of the 2011–12 season.

The club was established in 1875, becoming a founding member of The Football League in 1888. It is one of only three clubs to have been both a founder member of the Football League and the Premier League (the others being Aston Villa and Everton). In 1890 Rovers moved to its permanent home at Ewood Park. Prior to the formation of the Premier League in 1992, most of the club's successes were before 1930, when it had gained league and FA Cup trophies on several occasions. Relegation in 1966 was followed by 26 successive seasons of football outside the top flight.

In 1992, Blackburn was promoted to the new Premier League a year after being taken over by local steel baron Jack Walker, who installed Kenny Dalglish as manager. In 1995, Blackburn became league champions, having spent millions of pounds on players like Alan Shearer and Chris Sutton. However, the title-winning team was quickly split up and, in 1999, the club was relegated. It was promoted back to the Premier League two years later, just after Walker's death. During this time it has qualified for the UEFA Cup four times: once as League Cup winners, twice as the Premier League's sixth-placed team and once via the Intertoto Cup. The 2009–10 season marked the club's 72nd non-consecutive year in the top flight. Blackburn are currently one of only five clubs to have won the Premier League, along with Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester United, and Manchester City.

The club's Latin motto is "Arte et labore", the club's translation of which is "By Skill & Hard Work".

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(contains minor spoilers)Quick Start Season Guide (contains minor spoilers)

Season Expectations: No pressure but the mininum requirement is promotion. Your transfer budget can be adjusted to 500k up to 750k depending on promotion via the playoffs, automatic or outright winner.

• I chose promotion via the playoffs, no need to put extra pressure on yourself considering the owners.
  • Media prediction is 2nd

Squad Depth: Well covered in all positions. Biggest strength is the versatility of the squad, Formica, Rochina, Vuckevic, Olsson's and Lowe are all accomplished in numerous positions.

• No natural DM apart from an inexperienced Amine Linganzi.
  • Only natural LB is a youthful Adam Henley
  • Leon Best is injured until the new year, Goodwillie returns from loan in November.

Squad Analysis/Formation: Plenty of pace on the flanks in Martin Olsson and Colin Kazim-Richards and a combination of experience, strength and technique through the middle. Enough striking options to score plenty of goals in the championship. 442 or 451 would be a suitable formation.

• Jordan Rhodes has excellent movement, he can play up front on his own but is probably best used creating space for a strike partner.
  • Simon Vuckevic has the attributes and preferred moves to be a good inside forward.
  • Dann and Hanley would be my preferred defensive partnership, Givet has excellent mental stats but lacks pace and can be exposed from crosses.
  • Dunn, Rochina and Vuckevic have above average technique for the championship.
  • Sandomierski is a more than able deputy for Robinson if you decide to reduce the wage bill.

Tactics: Although Blackburn have a talented squad for the championship, there is weakness in the team. The defence is decent but lacks good mental attributes and will be error prone. I would go for a Standard - Control strategy aimed at keeping possession, restricting chances and breaking the opposition down with superior attacking options.

• Murphy or Dunn would be an ideal playmaker.
  • Hanley is a threat at set pieces.
  • Creative freedom should be used sparingly, decision making is pretty poor throughout the squad.
  • Morten Gamst Pedersen should be taking every corner and throw-in.

Transfers Ins/Outs: Finances are dire, thankfully the squad is strong, With the minimal transfer budget on offer its unlikely you'll be able to buy anyone thats going to improve your squad. Another option is to start shifting the more experienced players on bloated salaries. Morten Gamst Pedersen, Paul Robinson and David Dunn could be sacrificed.

• Etuhu is the highest paid player in the squad on 33k p/w.
  • Jack Robinson is available on loan to fill the problem LB position.
  • Other notable loanees: Francis Coquelin, Seamus Coleman.
  • Joel Pohjanpalo is a young talent - value: 20k, sale value: 100-200k.

Training Facilities and Staff: Blackburn have 5 star training facilities and a good selection of coaches. Assistant Manager Eric Black is worth keeping, Phil Cannon, David Lowe, Ian Brunskill, Mark Howard and Bobby Mimms are all accomplished too. Colin Hendry and David Dunn are also on the coaching staff but need further qualifications before being useful.

• 4 fitness coaches are on staff, only Mark howard is any good. Beware sacking the other 3 as the board won't employ any more.
  • Ask the board to up the coach allowance for more specialized training.
  • Peter Schmeichel is available as a goalkeeping coach a few months into the season.
  • Alan Shearer, Chris Sutton, Tim Sherwood, Henning Berg and Tim Flowers are in the game if you decide to make a '95 reunion.

6xWiQ.pngShebby Pro Tip. Ask Gael Givet to tutor Grant Hanley. Hanley's determination level can be significantly raised, making him a potential leading Premier League defender.

6xWiQ.pngShebby Pro Tip. Ask Jordan Rhodes to unlearn his 'Plays with back to goal' PPM, his strength and teamwork attributes aren't suitable.

6xWiQ.pngShebby Pro Tip. Recommended lower league signing: Chris Solly, Charlton. Blackburn are well stocked with RB's but if you have one eye on the premier league this kid has potentially world class mental attributes. Not cheap, between £2-4 million depending on your negotiation skills.

6xWiQ.pngShebby Pro Tip. Due to the high standard of the training facilities its worth investing in youth early on. These two have made big profit for the club in recent years.

IIHaf.pnguHUtC.png

6xWiQ.pngShebby Pro Tip. Look out for experienced players who announce their retirement, many of them have great attributes for coaching and can be recruited quite cheaply.

Started a Blackburn save to build a formation for when the real version is out to start a career game.

Signings:

Joel Pohjanpalo - 130k - 17 year old talent who scored 2 screamers on his debut in the reserves

Jack Robinson - season-long loan

Ahmed Musa - season-long loan

Playing a 4-2-3-1: Robinson, Lowe, Dann, Hanley, Givet, Etuhu, Murphy, Musa, Rochina, Pedersen, Rhodes.

Just beat Birmingham away first game of the season 4-2, had 55% of possession and had 17 shots (I have atleast 15 everygame it seems :)) Jordan Rhodes scored 2, Pedersen and Hanley got the other.

Got rid of Eric Black and hired John Dahl Tomasson as my assistant as he likes the same formation as me and has decent stats.

Started a Blackburn save to build a formation for when the real version is out to start a career game.

Signings:

Joel Pohjanpalo - 130k - 17 year old talent who scored 2 screamers on his debut in the reserves

Jack Robinson - season-long loan

Ahmed Musa - season-long loan

Playing a 4-2-3-1: Robinson, Lowe, Dann, Hanley, Givet, Etuhu, Murphy, Musa, Rochina, Pedersen, Rhodes.

Just beat Birmingham away first game of the season 4-2, had 55% of possession and had 17 shots (I have atleast 15 everygame it seems :)) Jordan Rhodes scored 2, Pedersen and Hanley got the other.

Got rid of Eric Black and hired John Dahl Tomasson as my assistant as he likes the same formation as me and has decent stats.

4-2-3-1 is very solid for the championship, should be able to dominate possession.

Only worry with playing one up front with Blackburn is they don't have any strikers with high teamwork and workrate, gonna need plenty of support from midfield.

I'll add Pohjanpalo to possible transfer targets, looks like quality at an affordable price.

That's what i'm experiencing atm. After beating Brum 4-2 i've really been poor and lost the next 2 league games at home. Not a fan of 4-4-2 though

Blackburn have got some talent but maybe not enough to get a good 4-2-3-1 working, it might improve over time with better fluidity and cohesion though.

I would try and get Martin Olsson involved high up the pitch, his pace should destroy defenders at championship level.

Been using this formation so far in the Beta with a lot of success, Juventus inspired 3-5-2.

BFV4x.png

• Olsson and Lowe use their incredible workrate and stamina to work the flanks
  • Givet and Hanley are stoppers and Dann is on cover, he uses his heading and jumping ability to win the majority of aerial balls
  • Passing is mainly focused through the middle with the midfield trio slowly working the ball up the pitch
  • Striker roles are deep lying forward and advanced forward but are expected to swap position.

The wide midfielders get forward and stretch the play but rarely get much of the ball, the midfield triangle keeps its shape and patiently probes while waiting for good movement from the strikers.

Dunn and Murphy get a lot of through ball assists and Rhodes movement off the ball creates the space.

30 games in and the team score a lot of goals and are tightening up at the back after a dodgy start, the wide midfielders are starting to make good runs into the box and are scoring too.

Just achieved promotion with six games to spare.

I definitely think 3 at the back is possible in this years game, providing you have the right players available.

Only conceded 41 goals in 40 games, the majority were conceded in the 1st half of the season. 2nd half I was averaging about 0.5 goals a game.

Got promoted first season with Rovers. Had a really crappy start tho, was in the bottom after 10 games, but then i made som changes to my 4-4-2. Started using offside-trap, change one of the strikers from target man to treq and started winning.

I ended up frist in the league, only 1 point before Wolves who lost there last game against Bolton.

i rotated my squad and used my youth much. Murphy was crap, so was Dunn.

Rhodes was my best player, 45 games, 32 goals, 8 ass, 8 mom.

Conceded 48 goals in 46 games, scored 74.

Will update this with more info when i get some more time.

Got promoted first season with Rovers. Had a really crappy start tho, was in the bottom after 10 games, but then i made som changes to my 4-4-2. Started using offside-trap, change one of the strikers from target man to treq and started winning.

I ended up frist in the league, only 1 point before Wolves who lost there last game against Bolton.

i rotated my squad and used my youth much. Murphy was crap, so was Dunn.

Rhodes was my best player, 45 games, 32 goals, 8 ass, 8 mom.

Conceded 48 goals in 46 games, scored 74.

Will update this with more info when i get some more time.

Murphy and Dunn probably can't play in a midfield 2 anymore, they need an extra man in the middle to help out.

Rhodes scored 30 for me, not sure how well he'll do in the Premier League though.

Starting pre-season for my 2nd season and disaster struck, Shebby Singh flogged Grant Hanley to Liverpool for £12 million (he's worth double that imo), Shebby is on his last warning now.

Transfers In:

Darwin Machis (£5million - Granada), Danny Wilson (£5million - Liverpool) - both have a professional personality and a determination attribute of 18, they'll be on rotation mainly this season.

Francis Coquelin (Loan - Arsenal) - he'll replace Murphy as the DMC deep lying playmaker.

Transfers Out:

Grant Hanley (£12million - Liverpool)

Simon Vukcevic (£900k - Wolves)

Mauro Formica (£1.5million - Stoke)

Last pre-season game was against a full strength Atletico Madrid with Falcao leading the line, despite being favourites to lose I won 5-1 with goals from Olsson x 2, Rhodes x 2 and Rochina.

I needed the confidence boost, 1st game of the season is againt Man Utd.

Robbie Cotton

Robbie has had very high potential in the last couple of FM versions but has always been notoriously hard to mentor, this year I've had success pairing him with Dickson Etuhu then David Dunn.

December 2013

NYMbs.png

His determination is at 16 but his other stats increase very slowly even though he's played 30 first team games and 30 reserve games over the last year and a half.

I'm guessing this is down to his professionalism, his personality type is still ambitious but he's now labelled as the next Scott Parker rather than Gazza. I've got 2 options, I can either buy a highly professional tutor to give him that final push or send him out on loan. At the moment he's a Jordan Henderson type player, decent physical stats but doesn't have a clear identity as a player.

Transfer In: Brett Emerton :cool: 100k (Sydney FC) - Ex Blackburn favourite, 34 but with natural fitness and stamina rating of 20, cover for Jason Lowe

Been using this formation so far in the Beta with a lot of success, Juventus inspired 3-5-2.

BFV4x.png

• Olsson and Lowe use their incredible workrate and stamina to work the flanks
  • Givet and Hanley are stoppers and Dann is on cover, he uses his heading and jumping ability to win the majority of aerial balls
  • Passing is mainly focused through the middle with the midfield trio slowly working the ball up the pitch
  • Striker roles are deep lying forward and advanced forward but are expected to swap position.

The wide midfielders get forward and stretch the play but rarely get much of the ball, the midfield triangle keeps its shape and patiently probes while waiting for good movement from the strikers.

Dunn and Murphy get a lot of through ball assists and Rhodes movement off the ball creates the space.

30 games in and the team score a lot of goals and are tightening up at the back after a dodgy start, the wide midfielders are starting to make good runs into the box and are scoring now too.

Do you have a screenshot for the team instructions and look of the side? Did you tinker with the individual instructions?

Here are the specific roles, marking is zonal in team instuctions except for the 2 outer defenders who are on man marking and the 2 strikers are on swap position.

Everything else is default.

The only opposition instructions I do are closing down on any wingers or attacking full backs, the middle of the pitch is usually packed with 6 bodies so the flanks are the most vulnerable.

R8eBe.png

How are the front 2 doing as a partnership? Just started my 1st season with the club. Currently playing 4-4-1-1 but have a 2nd tactic which is 3-1-4-2 like yours.

Jordan Rhodes:

RmKo9.png

Ruben Rochina:

JWaHx.png

The most prolific strike partnership I've had with Blackburn for a long time, its important for the strikers to swap position as the play goes mostly through the middle so you need good movement.

Finished my 2nd season with a respectable 4th place position. :cool:

To be fair it was a pretty poor Premier League, Man City were winners with 82 points, I scraped 4th with 71 points (21 wins, 8 draws and 9 losses)

I was routinely thrashed by the top 3 (Man Utd, Man City and Chelsea) but found some form towards the end of the season and beat Arsenal twice which ulitmately decided the last Euro slot.

Liverpool, Spurs and Newcastle have faded badly, mainly due to the top 3 pilfering thier best players.

I can safely say the 3-5-2 is a success, having watched all the games on 'extended' highlights I rarely concede any goals through the middle of the pitch, most of them are from crosses, long shots and set pieces.

Rhodes, Rochina, Olsson and Lowe have developed into solid Premier League players.

Transfers In:

Markus Henrikksen (AZ, £15million) - Big summer buy, zero pace but immense mental stats. He'll sit in the middle of midfield and dictate the game.

Francis Coquelin (Arsenal, £3million) - Impressed on loan, has become a fan favourite already.

Ivica Olic + Frank Lampard (Wolfsburg, Chelsea, Free Transfer's) - Professional and determined with excellent mental stats, great tutors. Will provide cover.

Also recruited a retiring Paul Scholes as a coach, 4.5 stars for ball control.

Why did you choose two wide midfielders instead of two wing-backs by the way?

Majority of the teams in the championship play a basic 4-4-2 so I didn't really see the need for wing-backs, also think you have better passing options if they play further forward.

Against teams who use genuine wingers in the Premier League they are pulled back into the wingback slot.

Just started off the customary Blackburn save last night. Two games into the season and a very mixed bag, defensively they seem very very poor this year (which is no difference to real life to be fair) but the rest of the squad seems very strong. Set up with a pretty standard 4-2-3-1 and found that I'm dominating games just can't keep clean sheets. I'll get some screenshots up in this post when I get a minute to get on FM and take the screenies. Think promotion should be a relatively simple task, just need to plug the leaky defence. Any one any good tips on defenders to bring in?

Just started off the customary Blackburn save last night. Two games into the season and a very mixed bag, defensively they seem very very poor this year (which is no difference to real life to be fair) but the rest of the squad seems very strong. Set up with a pretty standard 4-2-3-1 and found that I'm dominating games just can't keep clean sheets. I'll get some screenshots up in this post when I get a minute to get on FM and take the screenies. Think promotion should be a relatively simple task, just need to plug the leaky defence. Any one any good tips on defenders to bring in?

Great work Jimbob, good to see you back :)

I have had a quick look over the squad, promotion seems like its pretty doable. I am looking at making 1 or 2 key signings, but I feel the need to offload a few, before hand.

Great work Jimbob, good to see you back :)

I have had a quick look over the squad, promotion seems like its pretty doable. I am looking at making 1 or 2 key signings, but I feel the need to offload a few, before hand.

Cheers, not had any chance at all to get on the forums recently, started a new job so just been mad busy. I've missed it ;)

Yeah I think your right one or two key signings and promotion should be relatively staight forward. My only signings have been Robinson (Loan), a lad called Arnsdajeli(Spelling) who is a DM on load from Stoke who has been standout performer so far and a young Brazilian called Artyan who I found on the forums who looks a real talent. I think once I get Rochina back who has been out with injury I will improve, just the defence I cannot for the life of me get right.

I think key signings at DC and maybe even a keeper, and Im thinking of offloading all the crappy Portugese lads Kean brought in. Got offered 8mill for Olsson but turned it down as I dont want to sell my best players for when I return to the EPL.

I was thinking the same, at offloading the Portuguese players. As for defenders, i have yet to check out Michael Dawson (West Brom), if you can raise enough cash maybe James Tomkins (West Ham). I was also looking for a capable right back who could play Premiership football.

I was thinking the same, at offloading the Portuguese players. As for defenders, i have yet to check out Michael Dawson (West Brom), if you can raise enough cash maybe James Tomkins (West Ham). I was also looking for a capable right back who could play Premiership football.

I tried for Tomkins but had no interest whatsoever in joining. Dawson is a good shout, currently in the middle of a bid for a young defender called Hinteregger, rated very highly as a youngster. Same level as Hanley but attributes seem better, could be a solid future partnership if I can pull the deal off.

Rhodes is absoloutely on fire for me btw, quality finisher

Just started up my Blackburn save.

SEASON 2012 / 2013

JULY

TRANSFERS

PLAYERS OUT

Bruno Ribeiro (Leicester) $675K

Amine Linganzi (Bristol City) $250K

Gael Givet (Newcastle) $1.8M

Morten Gamst Pedersen (Wolves) $1.5M

Marcus Olsson (Blackpool) $2.5M

Micah Evans (Hiberian) $28K

Mauro Formica (Wolves) Ln Fee $85K p/m

Total - $6.75M

PLAYERS IN

Tom Hately RB (Motherwell) $750K

Jack Robinson LB (Liverpool) Loan

David Weatherspoon DR/WBR/MR (Hibernian) $250K

Tom Lees DC (Leeds) $3.9M

Total - $4.9M

FORMATION

At this stage playing a 442 and a 451 as an option.

Defenders are pretty bad at Blackburn, one of the reasons I went with 3 at the back.

Dann is good in the air and Hanley has some pace but both have very average mental stats.

I bought Sergi Gomez from Barcelona B for 85k in my first season, not that quick but decent mental attributes and lots of potential.

I have now finished my second season with Rovers. But ill start from the first:

Season 2012/2013

Transfers:

Players in

Simon Tibbling £825k

Alexander Milosevic £1.2m

Oscar Hiljemark £1.4m

Libor Kozak £1.3m

George Williams £525k

Players out:

Bradly Orr £2m

Formation 4-4-2 (NO Option)

Robinson

Lowe(Henley)-Danns(Milosevic)-Hanley(Givet)-Olsson(Henley,Morris)

Formica(Vukcevic)-Etuhu-Hiljemark-MGP

Rochina(Gomes) Rhodes

My aim with season 2012/2013 was to get promoted and get som talanted youngsters in.

After about 10 games a was in the bottom 3, mad as hell at the team that they didnt preform. Then i made some tweaks to my tactic and things started to win games. I Rotated my squad much, but i had some key players that almost played every game.(Robinson,Hiljemark,MGP,Rhodes)

When it was only 1 game left i was 2 points behind Wolves, who was in the lead. They played against Bolton and lost 2-1 and i won the last game and won the CCC.

89 Points 74/48 +26.

Player of the year: Jordan Rhodes 7.25 Rating.

Top Goal Scorer: Jordan Rhodes 35 goal

Manager Of the year: ME

Jordan Rhodes also got into the team of the yeah and was the only one from Rovers.

Thats about the major things to know about season 2012/2013.

Will soon add 2013/2014 here.

9 games into the season now but only just got round to doing a little update on here. Sitting 6th after 9 games, surrendered 2, 2 goal leads and have had one absolutely dreadful home loss to Derby. Besides from that things are looking very promising, if I could just plug the defence up a little would be rocking.

Pre Season

Transfers In/Out

In

Craig Dawson DC 4.9million – Needed improvements to defence and Dawson was a deadline day addition. Looks like a quality defender for this level and his age means he will be around fora while.

Adryan AMC 780k – A Brazilian youngster, looks an unbelievable talent and is one for the future.

Jack Robinson DL Loan – Cover for Ollsson who starts injured, looks a good young player.

Arismendi DMC Loan – On loan from Stoke, quality at DM to rotate with Etuhu and Murphy. Has the attributes to be a starter.

Out

None. Tried to keep most of the squad together, had bids for Martin Olsson but kept him for the return to the EPL. Tried to shift on some of the squad players but couldn't move them on, going to keep most of the older high earners for this season I think then have a big clearout end of this season hopefully on the return to the Prem.

Playing a slightly tweaked 4-2-3-1

roversteam1stpreseason.jpg

Has worked very well going forward, it's just defensively Im struggling. Find that we keep the ball well and always have the option to push the STCR out to AMR to create more natural width, stretch the defence and create a few more chances. Although I do usually struggle to keep possesion a little more when I switch to this variation.

I had to restart my save, as i had couple of save games files corrupt?

SEASON 2012 / 2013

JULY

TRANSFERS

PLAYERS OUT

Bruno Ribeiro (Leicester) $500K

Morten Gamst Pedersen (Wolves) $2M

Total - $7.25M

PLAYERS IN

Tom Hately RB (Motherwell) $800K

David Weatherspoon DR/WBR/MR (Hibernian) $230K

Jonas Ivens DC (FC Groningen) $170K

Simon Davies MR (Fulham) $775K

Total - $2M

Jonas Ivens - Quality.

ivens.png

Really would like to add a Premiership Quality Midfielder to the squad, then I am set. I am currently just getting the friendlies as I post this. I am playing a 442 using Rhodes as a focal point DLF (support) dropping into the space to set up triangles with midfield.

I had to restart my save, as i had couple of save games files corrupt?

SEASON 2012 / 2013

JULY

TRANSFERS

PLAYERS OUT

Bruno Ribeiro (Leicester) $500K

Morten Gamst Pedersen (Wolves) $2M

Total - $7.25M

PLAYERS IN

Tom Hately RB (Motherwell) $800K

David Weatherspoon DR/WBR/MR (Hibernian) $230K

Jonas Ivens DC (FC Groningen) $170K

Simon Davies MR (Fulham) $775K

Total - $2M

Jonas Ivens - Quality.

ivens.png

Really would like to add a Premiership Quality Midfielder to the squad, then I am set. I am currently just getting the friendlies as I post this. I am playing a 442 using Rhodes as a focal point DLF (support) dropping into the space to set up triangles with midfield.

Is it on the full game or FMC?

Season 2014-15

League Finish: 3rd - After a very average first few months the team hit form and went on an unbeaten 14 game run, including 8 clean sheets. Rochina was top scorer with 26 league goals, Ferguson and Mancini were naming him player of the year, but he lost out to Utd's Neymar who is amazing in this year's game.

FA Cup: Knocked out 3rd round - Fixture pile up meant I had to put out a patched up side against Wigan, lost 3-1 :o

League Cup: Winners - Had the easiest run to the final in the history of the competition, then beat Stoke at Wembley 1-0, Rochina in the 86th minute.

Champions League: Knocked out quarter finals - Finished runner up in the group to PSG and got Dynamo Kyiv in the last 32, PSG got Juventus :lol: Got thrashed by Inter in the quarter finals 7-2 on aggregate.

Transfers In

Phil Jones (Man Utd, £20million) - He wasn't first choice at Utd and had a year left on his contract, nipped in and nabbed him before he got offered a new one. Got a £1million discount as Blackburn receive 25% of profit from transfer :cool:

Luke Steele (Middlesbrough, Free) - Decent all round keeper will be understudy to Robinson who's still going strong.

Ciaran Clark (Aston Villa, £7.75million) - Top mental stats and great in the air, very slow but I play quite a defensive formation, so he won't be exposed.

Also brought in 7 players for the youth and reserve team, mostly regens. Added Thierry Henry and Gary Neville as coaches.

The team is now starting to mature, players like Rochina, Rhodes, Olsson, Wilson and Lowe are at the end of their major development cycle and are now top Premier League players.

The aim is to start challenging for the title but the competition is still strong especially Man Utd. Ferguson retired at the end of the season but Pep Guardiola is his replacement, his squad boasts Neymar, Goetze, Kroos, M'Vila, Hummels, RVP and Rooney.

Just started up my Blackburn save.

SEASON 2012 / 2013

JULY

TRANSFERS

PLAYERS OUT

Bruno Ribeiro (Leicester) $675K

Morten Gamst Pedersen (Wolves) $1.5M

Total - $6.75M

PLAYERS IN

Tom Hately RB (Motherwell) $750K

David Weatherspoon DR/WBR/MR (Hibernian) $250K

Tom Lees DC (Leeds) $3.9M

Total - $4.9M

FORMATION

At this stage playing a 442 and a 451 as an option.

How has Lees progressed?

How has Lees progressed?

I restarted my save, and I didnt sign Lees this time around.

SEASON 2013 / 2014

January 2014

OVERVIEW

Its been a slog, not that table looks like it. At the 2nd of January we are currently in 3rd spot and 4 points off where I would prefer to be, our form has been a bit erratic to say the least. We have really struggled to keep clean sheets and at times lack creativity in midfield, however we are enjoying our best run currently with 5 wins and a draw out of our last 6 matches.

lad13.png

I am looking at out of contract players for next season, and trying to complete a couple of deals within this transfer window for James Ward-Prowse, Mason Bennett, Will Hughes or Sean Murray, I have $5.7M in the transfer kitty unspent and $230K under my wage budget.

Archived