FM13: Rate and/or Improve My Team

Falahk

In this thread you can post your team and I or anyone else with an opinion will endeavour to judge the talent of your squad and think of ways that it could be improved.

The threads of previous years have hardly had anyone rating squads posted by other users so I would like to encourage this part by introducing a 1-10 rating scale.

You can either post your squad by uploading a screenshot of your squad/tactics screen, by writing it out in your browser, or by typing it down in your browser and linking to screenshots of all your players. The more detail provided when posting your squad the more it will help others to provide suggestions and ratings on it, this is particularly true if you are a long way into your save and a large part of your squad is made up of developed youngsters and regens, additional information on playing style and formation will also be very helpful

to provide an example of how a post of this kind could look like I have decided to build on a post I made in the fm12 Athletic thread and use a bunch of screenshots of my fm12 Athletic squad (or well what it looked like one and a half season ago, a few things have changed since then)

Current Situation:

I have now just finished up the 2018/2019 session wining 3 of the 4 trophies I was in contention for, but I sadly lost the CL final 5-3 to the monster that is the Manchester United squad of David Moyes, it have for a while been one of the best squads I have ever seen the ai build (possibly right up there with the fm10 Udinese team of Francesco Guidolin sporting the Hazard/Zaraté/Sanchez trident playing a narrow 4-3-2-1 formation which possibly could be regarded as breaking the ME at that point in time)

The Squad:

Stéphane Ruffier

Gorka Pardo

César Azpilicueta

Jónas Ramalho

Javi Martínez

Fernando Amorebieta

Iñigo Martínez

Eduardo Aizpurua

Enric Saborit

Carlos Gurpegi

Beñat

Asier Illarramendi

Iker Santamaría

Ander Herrera

Jon Santamaría

Sendoa Bilbao

Igor Martínez

Andoni García

Xabier Santisteban

Xabier Remírez

Iker Muniain

Fernando Llorente

Formation and Playing Style:

Intialy I played a 4-1-2-2-1 (or if you like 4-3-3/4-5-1), but since I lack a direct replacement for the roles Llorente and Grupegi preform in my team I have started to transition into a 4-2-3-1, additionally my teams ability on the ball have slowly improved over the years and for this new system I have decided to put an even higher emphasis on the tiki taka element in my quest to pass every ai team into submission

• 3 months later...

I am currently at the start of the 2018/2019 season with Parma been them since the start of the game and I am going to show some of my players :

Alvaro Ampuero - I had him at the start of the game but he's away out on loan at the start but am sure he returns in January though, he's a midfielder but I trained him to the left back position since I was short and he's been brilliant for me, knocked back offers of 25 million reason I am keeping him is cause I had him since the start plus I don't like too many newgens in my team.

lvaroampuerooverviewatt.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Ezequiel Cirigliano - I signed him in the 2nd season for about 6.5 million and he's been brilliant for me, he's so consistant even though some of his attributes have declined due to a few injuries, I either play him in the deep lying playmaker role or central midfielder support and he never lets me down.

ezequielciriglianoovervx.png

Lorenzo Crisetig - He starts off at Parma but he's away out on loan to start way, he's co owned at the start so I bought the other half in 2nd season for 1.5 million and he's been another player that is brilliant and so consistant, I usually play him in the deep lying playmaker role and he's just been rewarded with the captain role.

lorenzocrisetigoverviewi.png

Pedro - This player is one of my favorite players for my Parma team, I have never bought him before in any of the football manager games so I thought I would give him a go and I signed him in 2nd season for 6.5 million, he's been superb for me in the box to box role and there was quite a few teams after him, he's also made himself a regular in the Spain team.

pedrooverviewattributes.png

Alberto Cerri - He starts off at Parma and I feel he has developed quite well considering his attributes at the start of the game, it also says he still has room for improvement so he could become a good little poacher, he has had a few loan spells and I am thinking of loaning him out one more time to get more games as I have better strikers ahead of him.

albertocerrioverviewatt.png

currently in my 5 season for real madrdid on 13.2.2 this is my treble winning team

gk cassilas

lb alaba

rb ramos

cb veranne and pepe

cm wilshere

cm veratte

cm iniesta

lw ronaldo

rw di maria

cf MESSI

messi became unhappy after 4 seasons and i swooped in and bought him for 25 million iniesta is a my latest purchase for 18 million unhappy transfer list . wilshere was 48 million

currently in my 5 season for real madrdid on 13.2.2 this is my treble winning team

gk cassilas

lb alaba

rb ramos

cb veranne and pepe

cm wilshere

cm veratte

cm iniesta

lw ronaldo

rw di maria

cf MESSI

messi became unhappy after 4 seasons and i swooped in and bought him for 25 million iniesta is a my latest purchase for 18 million unhappy transfer list . wilshere was 48 million

Amazing considering you are Real Madrid, how on earth Messi and Iniesta will join Madrid?

Yeah, that's a bit of an odd one for me. I am Barcelona and tried to sign a newgen from Real for 4 seasons - they accepted the offer but he wouldn't talk to me. He was playing for their youth team and never had a first team start. Bizarrely they released him on a free so I got him for nothing in the end.

So when you consider that Messi and Iniesta are established Barca players, it seems peculiar that either of them would join Barca's main rival.

Back on topic, here is a shot of my Barcelona side in 2019 to be rated - all newgens so you'll have to let the CA and PA stars be your prompts for rating the team.

FCBarcelona_SquadPlayers_zps0c408002.png

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished my 1st season with Newcastle! Really successful with some brilliant results throughout the competitions. Managed to finish 3rd in the league to get into Champions League next season! Also, managed to win the Europa League! The cups were disappointing due to me playing the reserves and youth mainly! Just looking for some advice though as to how i can turn my squad into League Contenders! Cisse, Kjaer, Cabaye and Wellington Nem were probably my best performers all season. Ba was a real disappointment due to constantly being injured. Ended up breaking his leg in early Feb and missing the rest of the season.

Anyways, here's the squad!

GK- Krul/Harper (contract expiring at the end of the season)

DR- Simpson/R. Taylor

DC- S. Taylor/Kjaer

DC - Coloccini/Okore

DL- Santon/R.Taylor

MR- Ben Arfa/Gutierrez

ML- Wellington Nem/Obertan/Ferguson

MC- Tiote/Anita

MC- Cabaye/Adryan

TM- Cisse/Ameobi

P- Ba (when fit)/Ademilson/Campbell

Thinking i'll probably want a young goalkeeper for the future, a new right-back and maybe a new striker? Any ideas on how i can improve the squad? And who did you guys buy/sell in order to mount a serious title challenge?

Archived