+ Reply to Thread

Thread: England Manager Never Gets Fired

Amateur

Default England Manager Never Gets Fired

I'm back again! Just had Euro 28 and Engerrland got knocked out at the group stage. Steve Brolley McClaren is STILL in charge. I don't know when he got the job but he's had it since I can remember on this particular save.

Can't remember how I set the initial game up, but I think I have a smaller database so other country's clubs have greyed out players, therefore I am unable to apply for other national jobs like the Germany job where Joachim Lowe has just retired..... making him their boss for about 25 years!!!!!

Anybody else had this experience??

Is this iOS or Android?

I play iOS and the England manager is sacked on a fairly regular basis. In fact I'm hoping in my current game that I will be next to get the England job.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by schmad View Post
    I'm back again! Just had Euro 28 and Engerrland got knocked out at the group stage. Steve Brolley McClaren is STILL in charge. I don't know when he got the job but he's had it since I can remember on this particular save.

Can't remember how I set the initial game up, but I think I have a smaller database so other country's clubs have greyed out players, therefore I am unable to apply for other national jobs like the Germany job where Joachim Lowe has just retired..... making him their boss for about 25 years!!!!!

Anybody else had this experience??
    You can't manage Germany due to rights or license issues.

Amateur

Same with Lillywhite Dean, England manager gets sacked regularly. What I think should be changed is who gets the job. I mean there has been the wally with a brolley and tim flowers (who the hell is he!?)

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by manufan2010 View Post
    tim flowers (who the hell is he!?)
    Most underrated keeper of his generation !!!!

I must admit the England appointments are a little bizarre at times. Sometimes I need to remind myself that appointments are based on the performance of manager in the world of FM - not real life! But Steve McClaren has been sacked and reappointed twice. Steve Bruce has had the job when he hasn't really acheived much as manager within the game and Alan Pardew was given the job over me when I had won more trophies (in three different countries) than he had.

Seriously - you don't know who Tim Flowers is? He must be before your time. That makes me feel ancient!

Tim Flowers - a keeper who is very fond of divots.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Lillywhite Dean View Post
    Tim Flowers - a keeper who is very fond of divots.

Remember that incident like it was yesterday !!

Amateur

Same thing happens to me on iOS. I'm in 2024 and he's still manager after torrid results.

Amateur

The FA must want a bad manager ;)

Amateur

Wow, loads of responses since I've been away! Just going back to the Germany response, I wasn't saying I wanted to be Germany manager, just pointing out that Herr Lowe has only just left and that was due to retirement. He would have been the coach at the start of the game which adding to how long he's been in charge before the effective game start he'll have been the coach for over 20 odd years..... never seen that in international football!!!

Guess it must be my game then..... dont seem to see many club managers getting the boot these days either......

..... and I am currently on iOS until I have to start a fresh with my new Samsung next month.

Sports Interactive Marc Vaughan's Avatar

schmad - I'd be happy to take a look at your save game to see if there is anything unusual going on in that department? (might be something specific to whats evolved in your long term save possibly?) - if you'd be kind enough to share my email is marc.vaughan@sigames.com.

+ Reply to Thread