Creating scenarios ???

Hello,

I'm one of the 10.000 people who downloaded the game on Android :D

7.99€ after waiting such a long time, and for this game with unlimited play time, is a bargain.

One major improvement is the scenario. On Android, there are four of them : the Saviour Cometh (avoid the relegation), injury crisis, unrest at home (hated as manager, have to convince payers and board) and the Invicibles (avoid losing).

As I'm a bit curious, since I rooted my device, I looked a bit into the beast and found those scenarios as text files.

# -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

# File Name: scenario2.txt

# Purpose: This file defines the second game scenario for FMHi 2012.

# Format:

# NB> It is important to keep all data lines on a single file line

# Finally the character # indicates a line is a comment and to ignore it - hence

# this file will currently do nothing unless you remove the # from the lines below.

# -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"PERFORMANCE" "RELEGATION"

"ACTIVE_CLUB" "Brighton"

"CREATION_STOP_DATE" "215"

"CIRCUMSTANCE" "NORMAL"

"REQUIREMENT" "AVOID_RELEGATION"

"SCENARIO_STOP_DATE" "END_OF_SEASON"

"ACTIVE_LEAGUE" "ENGLAND"

"SCENARIO_TITLE" "The Saviour Cometh"

"SCENARIO_DESCRIPTION" "The club has turned to you in their darkest hour. The midpoint of the season has passed and the team are mired in a relegation battle. Can you guide them to safety before the end of the season?"

I'm not the best programmer in the world, but I'm pretty sure you can create personalized scenarios by switching the values between the quotes.

Soooooooo, the one million dollar question would be : "What are the values availables into the datebase, so we can create our own story ?"

Thanks in advance :thup:

• SI Staff

I'm afraid its 'not quite that simple' .... you can customise some aspects of scenarios by hacking those files - however to truly create a scenario with custom news items etc. like the ones in the game requires access to the game code.

(most fields are also presently 'inactive' - pending possible use in the future, for instance the 'ACTIVE_CLUB' and 'ACTIVE_LEAGUE' aren't used, the club is still present and set to Brighton ... purely because I support them, the 'title and description' aren't read from the file presently because there aren't localised versions present etc. :D)

• SI Staff
Which aspects of the scenarios can I modify ?

So, it's only four scenarios for this FMH 2012 ?

Yes, better to do things 'right' than have lots which aren't appealing to people imho ....

(I would say that though wouldn't I ;) )

The aspects I think are 'active' from that file are:

PERFORMANCE - This details how your club will perform in the season before the scenario starts (ie. can be set to force you into a relegation position or whatever)

CREATION_STOP_DATE - This is the days from game start to when the scenario starts.

CIRCUMSTANCE - These are the circumstances at the beginning of the scenario

REQUIREMENT - What you need to do to beat the scenario

SCENARIO_END_DATE - The last possible end point for a scenario

Obviously if you do mess with any of this then all bets are off regarding what breaks ;)

(ie. you're walking into untested waters my friend :) )

it would be awesome if there was a new official scenario every month, with a particular preset team

That would be absolutely awesome but I'd imagine it'd be significant work and 1 month releases couldn't be certain because of QA.

I have a series of challenges going on where you have to match real life in a certain timeframe.

"Get to the Europa League semi final with Athletic Bilbao" for example.

At the moment it is only 2011-12 ones but you guys may be intrested if you want a link?

That would be absolutely awesome but I'd imagine it'd be significant work and 1 month releases couldn't be certain because of QA.

i dunno, im not sure how much work it would be. as its a pre-determined team, it would basically be a saved game, and then a file detailing the achivement to be met and the odd new news message. QA may be a problem, depending on what the objective was

Archived