4-4-2 blitz

Flat 4-4-2 called the 4-4-2 blitz

the tactic gets the name 4-4-2 blitz from testing with manchester united beacuse it blitzed the oppostiotn's defence.It gave some outstanding results,destroying many of my oppostitions,if you want goals this tactic is what you need.Defensively it could be better,version 2 will hopefully conquer that,with help from you guys downloading the tactic and exchanging our views on where it can be tweaked.It went very well with man utd,i have started using the tactic in my 2nd season in charge and straight away it showed it's positivity.My first game using the tactic was vs arsenal and it destroyed them getting a good result as you will see in my screen shots.Normally i prefer a tactic that keeps it tight with clean sheets,grabbing 1-0 and 2-0 wins,but in this version of football manager i have found it hard to do and decided to go for a tactic that will score goals,with man utd it sure has done.After realising the tactic has potential i was thinking this needs a run with a team weaker than man utd,so norwich city came to mind,newly promoted with a not so good quality and depth squad would be a good test.With man utd though the teams mentality is set to 14 clicks(attacking) i thought a tweak will be needed with norwich so dropped it to 10 clicks(normal) and seems to be good enough for me.Below you will see screen shots from man utd save and the current test with norwich that is going pretty ok.

The tactic is a flat 4-4-2,i did try the ml and mr in the aml and amr position but lost defensive stability.

gk attributes a gk requires,handling,one on ones,reflexes

dr and dl tackling,marking,

dc tackling,marking,heading,strength,concentration

mr and ml crossing,pace,acceleration,dribbling,finishing

mc tackling,passing,workrate,one with creativity as he will play through balls often

sc finishing,heading,composure,decisions and again one with creativity as he will play through balls for the slightly advanced striker

opposition instruction i don't bother with

medium ptich

match preperation team blend on high until fluid then rotate between attacking and defensive work

no shouts as it's a classic

team talks i mainly leave to assistant,not got them mastered yet.

Training schedules i have just created my own,nothing special

ManchesterUnitedTactics_Overview.png

the table from my current man utd save that i am going back to after some further testing with norwich

EnglishPremierDivisionOverview_Stages.png

the story so far with norwich,!st prem game v liverpool i was the better side and should have won,more shots than liverpool and 4-2 to me on clear cut shots,v man utd,in all fairness they tore me apart,but when the tactic is settled i would expect and hope to do better,as you can see the last game i played surely shows promise.This is also the basic norwich squad with no signings.

EnglishPremierDivisionOverview_Stages-2-1.png

Finally the link to the tactic,please try and give feedback,posotive or negative i am ready for it

http://www.gamefront.com/files/user/gavaddy379

As i have previously said the only difference between the 2 tactics is the man utd version has 14 clicks team mentality(attacking) and the norwich versio 10 clicks(normal)

both tactics can be found here

just 1 tweak you need to do is on the man utd tactic change the right striker through balls from mixed to often and the left striker from often to mixed

give the tactic time,it may not be a hit straight away,allow it to become fluid and give it a bit of time,be patient!

some great results there with Norwich, great to see you testing with them, can't wait to see the finished season.

thanks,though norwich would be a sensible choice,one of the weaker teams to pick from in the premier league and favourites to go down.As you can see with a bigger team it's mennacing 86 goals in 21 games

I'll give it a go and see how it fares in my usual test games - be careful with the release, as the November/December re-rank kills a lot of very good tactics, so plough through that season and check it works the other side!

let me know how you get on,what team you going to test it with,i am hoping with the patch release it won't effect to much but if it does tweak to suit hopefully

i started to try your esteemed tactic for my HSV side... Played 3 friendly... beated vitesse 3-1, cska sofia 4-1, bolton 9-4... i couldnt get much possession but

first impressions are good. i wonder is it possible to use your lower level tactic at away matches or let me change the question... what do you do at away from home ?

Thx for reading...

i started to try your esteemed tactic for my HSV side... Played 3 friendly... beated vitesse 3-1, cska sofia 4-1, bolton 9-4... i couldnt get much possession but

first impressions are good. i wonder is it possible to use your lower level tactic at away matches or let me change the question... what do you do at away from home ?

Thx for reading...

it doesn't have a high amount of posession in all honesty,i think if it was tweaked to get higher posession it will change the tactic and may not be as effective.That is what i am now thinking in my man utd save,using the weaker team tactic for tougher away game,so that's a good shout there from you,give it a whirl and report back,so input the 2 tactics and even maybe create a 3rd with defensive mentality for the occasion when it is required,in last 15 mins to hold on to a lead

thx for your reply man... i keep trying you tactic and i use your weaker tactic for away games same as you... and i report back soon... but really you have made a solid tac.

The opposition cant get near my goalkeeper and sometimes they couldnt get a single shot.

Thx for upload and kutgw...

thx for your reply man... i keep trying you tactic and i use your weaker tactic for away games same as you... and i report back soon... but really you have made a solid tac.

The opposition cant get near my goalkeeper and sometimes they couldnt get a single shot.

Thx for upload and kutgw...

so grateful for your feedback,pleased it's impressing you,put a screenshot up of some of your results if you want,pleased you finding it good defensivley,what do you think to the attacking,is it scoring a lot of goals

Trying this with my Malaga save which is hard to say the least played Barcelona and Real Madrid away and got hammered in both games.Hopefully this tactic will bring about a better response from the players in the 2nd half of the season.

what tactic did you use for the real and barca game?

my 1st 2 games with norwich was v liverpool home lost 1-0 where i should have won,2nd game away to man utd lost 4-1,but after that it picked up beating chelsea 6-2 and man city 3-1

give it time don't expect miracles straight away

161h1.png161hz.png

161jq.png161qy.png

As you can see, there are some good impressions... only drawback i have, it is too difficult to find proper wide midfielders or MR or ML s, and hsv squad is not deep and they dont give money

at the beginning...

i have to retrain some players and i really think about unticking the offside trap... sometimes they tear my defence apart... fast and clever defenders is a must...

But worth a try...

what tactic did you use for the real and barca game?

my 1st 2 games with norwich was v liverpool home lost 1-0 where i should have won,2nd game away to man utd lost 4-1,but after that it picked up beating chelsea 6-2 and man city 3-1

give it time don't expect miracles straight away

Tried the weaker team tactic and while we created chances the defence was torn apart was 5-0 down after 36 mins.After that game went on to beat Seville at home 4-3 but again defence was a real problem for me.Although that will probably be down to the defenders I have as there is not much pace there.

Tried the weaker team tactic and while we created chances the defence was torn apart was 5-0 down after 36 mins.After that game went on to beat Seville at home 4-3 but again defence was a real problem for me.Although that will probably be down to the defenders I have as there is not much pace there.

the defence does need to be worked on,i'm just having a look now,going to try the 2 cm mentality on 0(ultra defensive),on the other hand a dm is coming into mind,before this i made several 4-1-2-2-1 tactics and felt dm was essential

Going to give this a try, starting a new Celtic game! Post feedback when I've loaded etc.

yeah give some feedback please,i've been back to the drawing board and switched to a 4-2-3-1 and is working well with my man utd save,to into my game to test with other teams,just enjoying the game at the moment

first game with this tactic season four with a fairly good not outstanding everton side.

everton 5-0 bolton wdrs

stats

shots 24-5

on target 9-3

off tgt 10-1

ccc 3-0

so all in all a great start my rw keko scored a hattrick and the whole display of football was stunning to watch.

im so glad you had a trial run as norwich city as well coz the one thing that riles me is people who come on here and say LOOK AT ME i won the league with man utd !!!!!!!

so congratulations

first game with this tactic season four with a fairly good not outstanding everton side.

everton 5-0 bolton wdrs

stats

shots 24-5

on target 9-3

off tgt 10-1

ccc 3-0

so all in all a great start my rw keko scored a hattrick and the whole display of football was stunning to watch.

im so glad you had a trial run as norwich city as well coz the one thing that riles me is people who come on here and say LOOK AT ME i won the league with man utd !!!!!!!

so congratulations

brilliant news mate,keep me informed of more progress

ok so a few scores im playing the original tactic your 4-4-2

everton 5-1 bristol city (h)(pl)

everton 1-1 shaktar (a)(clgrp)

everton 2-2 fulham (a)(pl)

im letting my ass man do team talks as im at the end of my tether with them also in the last two games i seem to be struggling first half so any ideas? im gonna give this a fair few games see where it gets me as i havent played 4-4-2 for years and am pleasantly surprised so thumbs up from me pal.

So far its been ok but I'll put that down to the team getting used to it, we have won 4 and lost 1.

Hibs got beat 3-2

Aberdeen won 3-0

Dundee Utd won 4-2

St Johnstone won 2-0

St Mirren won 3-2

Been having about twice as many shots as the other teams, but quite even in possession. I'm liking it so far and I'll stick with it whilst the team get used to it, only other hope is that my strikers start scoring because it's mainly defence/midfield scoring.

Good tactic so far!

So far its been ok but I'll put that down to the team getting used to it, we have won 4 and lost 1.

Hibs got beat 3-2

Aberdeen won 3-0

Dundee Utd won 4-2

St Johnstone won 2-0

St Mirren won 3-2

Been having about twice as many shots as the other teams, but quite even in possession. I'm liking it so far and I'll stick with it whilst the team get used to it, only other hope is that my strikers start scoring because it's mainly defence/midfield scoring.

Good tactic so far!

my 1st season with man utd hernandez scored 40 goals in 35 games,so strikers will get goals,i like the overall spread of the whole team contributing to goals,you are then not then relying on just strikers,someone will always pop up and score for you.

ive been looking at tweaking this tactic at making it more defensive,but i just seem to be hitting a brick wall.Going to spend some time today working on the blitz tactic as i made a 4-2-3-1 that again scored for fun,but not defensively good for what i like it to be.

It looks a good tactic, but how can it be judged good if its with Man Utd??

I could win the prem using the standard 4-4-2 tactic with Man Utd.

I wish people would use a mid table or lower team and NOT buy all the worlds best young players.

We could really judge a tactic more easily if everyone used Bolton and bought nobody. 8-)

It looks a good tactic, but how can it be judged good if its with Man Utd??

I could win the prem using the standard 4-4-2 tactic with Man Utd.

I wish people would use a mid table or lower team and NOT buy all the worlds best young players.

We could really judge a tactic more easily if everyone used Bolton and bought nobody. 8-)

if you took time to look you can see part of my norwich test,i will put further screenshots up,also as people have said good results with norwich,to say you can win the league with the standard 4-4-2 using man utd i have to disagree,look at the way it was won and the amount of goals scored,good luck with your standard 4-4-2

if you took time to look you can see part of my norwich test,i will put further screenshots up,also as people have said good results with norwich,to say you can win the league with the standard 4-4-2 using man utd i have to disagree,look at the way it was won and the amount of goals scored,good luck with your standard 4-4-2

EnglishPremierDivisionOverview_Stages.png

working a treat with Cambridge United in the Conference, I'm using the one for weaker teams, first full season using it I made the play offs (lost to Fleetwood), reached the third round of the FA Cup and won the FA trophy. Second season 8 points clear in the Conference!

Thanks heaps, I lost the tactic I'd been using for years and was struggling using my own, its the one area I do cheat with admittedly as hopeless at creating my own. This tactic hits the spot very nicely indeed so far!

Archived