[FM 12 RELEASED] Champions League skin

a31632

cl20121introscreen.jpg

cl20122412teamslections.jpg

cl20122512playerattribu.jpg

cl20122512playerprofile.jpg

UPDATE VERSION 1.2

- Bigger player pictures in "player profile" and "player attributes" screens.

- "Analyser polygon" now visible in the "player attributes" screen, with club logo/badge in both player screens in background.

- Colors of "HG" changed so the two different forms of "HG" now are shown in a different color.

- Fixed bug in scoreboard view when not in "full TV view" fixed (ONLY IN "LEFT SIDED" version).

UPDATE VERSION 1.1

- Bigger kits in match screen, for those running the game in high(er) resolutions

- Fixed inbox filter panel

- Fixed quick search panel, now you can actually see what you type ;-)

- 99% of all buttons are now skinned

- Manager overview page now displays everything properly

- Agent panels now showing properly

The bigger player pictures are now showing at 220x220 pixels.

If you prefer to have the pictures shown at the "default" size of 180x180, which is still much bigger than without modifying them at all do the following:

delete the files "player personal details panel.xml" and "player profile personal details panel.xml" which are located in the "panels" folder of the skin.

Rename the "player personal details panel.xml.180x180" and "player profile personal details panel.xml.180x180" to ......xml" (delete the part ".180x180" from the filename.

After these changes reload the skin and you will have 180x180 size player pictures instead of 220x220.

In addition several other minor bug fixes and graphical fixes/updates are included.

The skin is optimized to run in high(er) resolutions, not tested in low(er) resolutions.

The “Champions League skin” for FM 2012 is my conversion of the great Steklo X1 skin for FM 2011 made by Tom Dixon.

As 95% of this skin is the result of his great work I have obtained his permission to post this skin.

I added custom graphics as well as the “FMF's Extended Information Panels” and the “numbered tactics sliders” posted on various websites and want to recognize the creators of these great additions as well.

Tom Dixon has not been involved in the conversion so PLEASE do not bother him with any issues or questions you might have on this skin.

He is currently developing the Steklo X2 skin for FM 2012, which is due (I believe) in December 2011.

Please READ the "read me" included in the skin for any questions you might have regarding the installation, adding/removing stuff etc.

Thanks, hope you enjoy using this skin as much as I had converting and using it!

DOWNLOAD LINKS FOR VERSION 1.2 (12-12-2011) :

http://www.mediafire.com/?6n3sfvqa6y2beer

(RIGHT SIDED VERSION)

http://www.mediafire.com/?wyg6ezw6o90ft6r

(LEFT SIDED VERSION)

Sure. navigate to ......\my documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2012\skins\cl2012\graphics\main menu and delete the file "manager.png".

It will show the default picture included in FM 2012 after this.

Just FYI: don't forget to untick "use skin cache" and reload skin (or restart FM 2012), otherwise the picture of "him" will still haunt you...............

Thanks for letting me know, in Steklo X1 I used modified panels for this screen and they are not compatible with FM 2012.

The solution luckily is very simple: delete the file: "human profile.xml" in your ..........\My Documents\Football Manager 2012\skins\cl 2012\panels folder and reload/restart with "skin cache" unticked.

Tested it and this did the trick! See attached image:

cl20128managerprofilesc.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Have updated the download link so for people downloading the skin after this post was done, the file is already deleted.

Thanks again, please everyone........ let me know if you spot other bugs etc.

LOL

Yes it is me, was just too lazy to edit the screen and black out my personal info.....................

Picture is 4 years old, but haven't changed much. (and I am 50 yo....yes....)

Screen resolution is 1920x1200 and I run FM 2012 in windowed mode.

Use a widescreen 17 inch laptop, so love the big screens in FM 2012!

Great skin this. Was basically my favourite skin on FM11.

Nice to see Tom has let you tweak it and re-publish it. Like the changes and will use this.

One slight down side is, In match the kits are tiny :( On my big screen, It just looks weird being so small.

But apart from that, Love the tweaks. Such as the loading screens :)

Good job :D

Great job, basically as above the best skin for FM11 so a nice surprise when I opened the thread. Going to take a little time to get used to everything being on the right but that's such a little thing and it definitely won't stop me firing it up for a game. Cheers.

Thanks guys, always nice to get positive feedback!

Like you both I loved this skin in FM 2011 and I greatly appreciate Tom's approval on releasing this converted skin for FM 2012.

Regarding the small kits..........................

I am also playing the game in high resolution and I agree with you both that the kits are really small.

Here in the forums there were several threads with advice on how to make the kits look bigger so I decided to follow up on this and I added a modified "match incidents.xml" for those who would like bigger kits showing in this skin.

Here is the download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?t9wyq9r9atxb4d9

Copy the "match incidents.xml" file in your ".................\My Documents\Football Manager 2012\skins\cl2012\panels" folder and reload/restart the skin (again: with skin cache unticked......) and you will have much bigger kits in your game.

You can easily modify this xml file if you feel the kits are now too big (it's all a matter of opinion), simply change the values of "250", good for very high resolutions, to "100" or "150" if you want smaller kits. Below is the top part of this xml file, change the value in 3 spots if needed.

<panel>

<layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" alignment="top" gap="0" offset="0"/>

<layout class="fit_children_attachment" alignment="vertical,fill" gap="0"/>

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="horizontal" inset="0" layout_children="true"/>

<container id="tntb" height="250">

<layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" layout="210,-1"/>

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="vertical" layout_children="true"/>

<!-- team kit picture -->

<!-- comment out to show logos instead of kits -->

<container height="250" width="250">

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="4" layout_children="true"/>

Check the results out below!

Before modification:

cl20129regularkits.th.jpg

After modification:

cl20129biggerkitsmodifi.th.jpg

Yes.....................I know..................Barca has kicked my ****** in the first half, but please focus on the kits, not the score LOL

Thanks again for the feedback and have fun.

i've tried to download original link and now new link and everytime its gets to 15mb and says has completed download yet file is 20.5mb on mediafire

try to open and get incomplte achieve any chance of uploading somewhere else

have also tried through a download manager and get the same

really like the look of the skin and would love to use it but cant due t this problem

Some of minor bugs.

*Scout profile error in contract offer page

*Manager page->Overview->Profile ; the relationship tab disappear when in windowed mode.

*Assistant manager recommendation during half time team-talk is only half visible in full screen mode and invisible in windowed mode.

Cheers.

Singtelsux, first of all many thanks for your feedback! It is alwys good to get feedback on things that need attention or improvements.

I found that the agent/scout panel I used was a modified one that I was using for FM 2011 and that causes problems with FM 2012.

The solution is to manually delete the files "agent mini profile.xml" and "agents profile.xml" from the "................skins\cl2012\panels" folder.

In a day or two I will be releasing version 1.1 which will solve some other issues as well and this issue is included in the fixes.

I am playing the game in windowed mode, but I use a very high resolution (1920x1200) and I couldn't reproduce the disappearing tab and other graphical issues you describe.

It might be that you are running with a much lower resolution.

I have been loading 2 other skins and for example the "Player->Overview->attribute" issue that you have is not showing with me.

It is exactly the same view in my skin as the other 2 skins, see attached images.

playerprofileoverviewco.th.jpg

playerprofileoverviewco.th.jpg

cl20129playerprofilescr.th.jpg

My guess now is that it might not be skin related but to the resolution you are using.

I have made this skin to run with high(er) resolutions, so it is possible that a lower one is not showing all correctly, my apologies for that.

Cheers

Hi, which options down the left side do you mean?

I guess you mean the "breadcrumbs" in the footer, I have included a pic "before" and "after" moving these to the right in the footer.

You can easily do this by editing the file "footer.xml" in the "panels" folder of the skin.

I have copied/pasted the edited part of the file "footer.xml" for you below so you can change it accordingly.

<!-- Breadcrumbs -->

<container id="crum">

<layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" alignment="right" offset="40"/>

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="bottom" inset="0" layout_children="true"/>

<attachment class="line_up_attachment" get_property="bcmM" submenu_type="bcrm"/>

<!-- Arrange the children widgets from left to right, horizontally centrered -->

<layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" alignment="right"/>

</container>

You can move the "breadcrumbs" further to the left by increasing the offset="40" to a higher value (or to the right by lowering the value).

Let me know if this works for you and if you need further assistance ok?

"before":

cl20122squadselectionsc.th.jpg

"after":

cl20122asquadselections.th.jpg

Some things may seem easy ;-) while in reality it is way harder................

In the game it seems there is no distinction as far as icons go to being HG from club or nation, there is only an icon assigned to the value "restricted" which is applicable with HG status.

Just like when a player is "suspended" for example there are no different icons for being suspended for international or league matches.

If someone out there knows if there is a workaround I would like to know but as far as I know this is how it is.

Sorry for that my friend, but keep looking for improvement tips, always good!

Cheers

Thanks, glad you like it, you can replace the icons in the folder ".....skin'\cl2012\graphics\training" with the icons from your original skin.

If you don't have these icons available I can send the icons to you, just leave your e-mail with me. Everything is a matter of taste, so you must find what works best for you

Cheers

In the game it seems there is no distinction as far as icons go to being HG from club or nation, there is only an icon assigned to the value "restricted" which is applicable with HG status.

Just like when a player is "suspended" for example there are no different icons for being suspended for international or league matches.

If someone out there knows if there is a workaround I would like to know but as far as I know this is how it is.

Cheers

Oh, I see.

To bad. They have different icon in FM11, blue for club HG and grey for nation, IIRC. I thought still the same for FM12 (I never played with default skin, hate it :D)

Why they made the icon the same this year ???

Hi! I really like this skin but I have problems running it properly..

First, resolution: Not all settings are being loaded and I have tried many different setting to make it work properly but get the same... (My highest resolution is 1280 x 800)

http://imageshack.us/f/521/cl2012fail1.jpg

Secondly: not that important as mentioned also by others.., but a personal request; I am soo used to the left side panel (above panel works also for me), but for the right side panel, I keep forgetting things and cant really used that efficiently. So my question here is, will it be a left side panel, in the near future?

Love the work effort putted into this skin, but unfortunately it doesn't work properly with My FM.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Thirdly: look at the image posted! the colours are making it very hard to see the names in the managers profile, but it looks very clear in staffs, and players profile... (I am taking my team as reference.)

Hi, thanks for your feedback.

I am currently working on a "left sided" version, can't promise an exact release date but should be within a week or so. I got more requests for this and even though I made this skin for my own personal use after Tom Dixon, the creator of the Steklo X1 skin, gave me his permission to release it I decided to work on the skin more given the feedback I got.

I have a high resolution laptop, run the game in 1920x1200 in windowed mode, so haven't tested everything in low resolutions, sorry.

SI has made the screens in FM 2012 different in order to give you more information in one screen when you run the game in higher resolution. Unfortunately when you run the game in a lower resolution not all info can be generated in one screen. This is different in FM 2011 where all screens are identical in high and low resolution (they just appear bigger or smaller, depending on which reolution used). So my guess is that there is not so much I can do regarding this.

If you run the game with another skin and notice it shows the information better let me know which one it is and I can see which adjustments I would need to make, ok?

The colours are generated depending on the team chosen, however you can override these colours when needed.

If you choose Juventus they will be black/white, if chosen Manchester United they will be red/white.

One of my favorite teams is AS Roma, as you can see in the screen shots I have the same problem as you as the colors sometimes make it more difficult to read.

This is the way the skin (Steklo X1) was build and I didn't make any changes on this as I wanted to leave it as much as possible "as is".

You can change the colour settings so the header will not change depending on the team you are playing (or viewing), but that may cause other visual issues.

I will play around a bit with it, and let you know which fix is the best, ok?

As for the left sided version, just a few more days and I will release it!

Cheers

Cheers

Hi.

After starting this thread here http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/289522-The-Home-Grown-little-icon , someone told me to try default skin. and apparently if using default skin, the HG for club is colored blue and HG for club is colored green.

I thought maybe you would like to know.

Cheers. :)

Hi, yes with the default skin that comes with the game it might work. If you use any other skin you will have to delete the custom icons in the folder "................\skins\cl2012\graphics\icons\status".

As a result you will have the default icons and you will have all original colours as well.

I personally don't like the default icons so I will stick with the "HG" in just one colour ;-)

If you bump into any skin that has a custom icon for each "HG status" let me know and I will fix this for the Champions League skin.

I will release a "left sided" version of the skin in an hour or so, I got a lot of requests for that and just finished that one. Check it out!

Hi, Vincent.

I followed your advice and replace the "status" folder from other skin and it worked perfectly now.

You might wanna look at his work called "OPZ Beam 4", here's the link. http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/285515-OPZ-Beam4-v.-2012-skin

squadregistration.jpg

it has custom icons and worked in HG icons.

Thanks again, I found the cause for this. Two folders "restricted" and "advisory" in the "status" folder had the same icons. I checked all other skins and noticed they had the same folders in the "status" folder so assumed it had nothing to do with the files........

I replaced the icons in "advisory" and now it is showing the HG icons differently, so correctly.

See screenshot:

cl201210hgstatusiconsfi.th.jpg

If you want I added the folder "status" with the correct icons, just extract and overwrite the existing "status" folder in the skin and you will have it as shown in the image.

Here is the link: File name: icons.rar File size: 85.94 KB

• 2 weeks later...

Archived