Scottish Unreal Football League System

OptimusPrime

Can you show the pyramid here OP?

Queries: Sheerwater - a personal touch?

Reading - changed supporters' profile - a fan?

Wee Finicky Whatnot cup - wahay!!! But why rep 100 for these wee cups (Scottish Cup is only 115)?

Sheerwater?

Yea, reading fan.

Wee Finicky Whatnot cup provides a much needed cash injection into scottish football. all the diddy cups are 10 rep, 100 for that one should be fine.

rabess.safc1879, i've seen the 3rd division team lose more often than not

I'm off to Fort William on Monday. Hooray for the worst team on the planet!!!!!

Make sure you have geordie's background pack - his Fort Wuwyum pic is the most beautiful you will ever see.

Worst team in the world? You've obviously never heard of the Cumbernauld United :p

Seriously, they've finished bottom of their league for 9 of the last 12 seasons, usually with 100+ negative goal difference. I just checked their website; in the player profiles most of them list the primary school teams they played for, they're that desperate to dig out an achievement.

Why does more than half of the Reading squad have a potential rating of 200?

Ooh, bloody hell - I missed that. 58 out of 72 players. Only the oldest players unspoilt. In addition all their mental and hidden attributes are 20. Nasty trick to slip that in without admitting it :mad:

I also note that the amateur team Sheerwater which has been changed from extinct to active despite the creator denying all knowledge of it is in Woking; if my geography isn't too far off, that's not far from Reading isn't it? That's a kind of harmless allowable indulgence; the Reading cheat isn't. Despite ramping up most of the squad, most of the players will be sold to Premier clubs and so on, despatching superplayers throughout the top reaches of the game. Makes this file unusable. :thdn:

i've looked at sheerwater in the game & in the database. they don't show in my game & says they are extinct in the database.

Okay. Do you have any comment to make about what you've done to Reading? To fix what you've changed would require about 1000 alterations in the editor - why would someone bother to do that?

Was looking forward to playing this file, but, glad i waited now due to the Reading issue.

Am planning to take Fort William to SPL glory, my only link with them is i went there on honeymoon and saw their ground on a walk we did.

Will hold fire on this until OP responds regarding Reading.

Reading are 3rd in the league on my game, i dont see a problem with it imo, anyways im enjoying the save altho if i must admit too many games for my liking, but i did end up going out of that whatnot cup, and i'm glad my team cant compete with all these games imo. But im sitting nicely in the playoffs so its good :)

• 1 month later...

Great work! Would it be possible to edit this to reflect the proposed changes for the Scottish game? i.e. Top league of 14, championship division of 14 with an extra play off promotion for positions 2-4 and 13 in the SPL, and 2 junior super leagues that has promotion/relegation between the winners and bottom of Div 3

Cheers, had a crack at it and come up with something that appears to work alright. Couple of problems though, how do I change the number of teams promoted to the 3rd Division from junior football, and despite my best efforts I've had no success at replicating the play-off system that currently exists in Scottish football, and have had to rely on making play-offs using the single division. Also, is there anyway to make the play off finals at a different stadium? Thanks for all your help, really a fine bit of work you did.

No plans to upload, been playing the Scottish leagues since CM2 so have gotten a bit bored of them! This is just for personal amusement.

if you look at the playoffs in place for the 3rd div/regional leagues you'll see how i did it. as for a different venue i'm not sure, but go through the playoffs with a fine toothed comb & you might find it.

Glad you like the effort that was put into it, i love the scots league but found no promotion/relegation out of it dull

Looked through it and saw what you did, although the way I ended up having the leagues it was no longer conducive having only 1 team go up and down so I fiddled around with it and got something closer to what I wanted. Ended up with:

14 Team SPL - Split 6/8 so top 6 play 36 games, bottom 8 play 40, 2 teams relegated

14 Team Championship - Split (as above), 1 automatic promotion, 2-5 placed enter play-off cup, 3 relegations

20 Team Football League - 2 automatic promotions, 2-5 placed enter play-off cup, 4 relegations

Regional Leagues - South of Scotland, Highland, East of Scotland, with 3 automatic promotions and a play-off for the 2nd place teams

Junior Leagues - No changes

All reserve, U18 leagues mirror the same format, so should be a more natural split of these teams dependant on their quality. Tried to mirror the Henry McCleish report as closely as possible, and adjusted TV/prize money to reflect an anticipated increased interest in the league.

Anyone interested in having a crack at it? Would help roadtest it and see if there's any bugs. So far only ran it through 2 seasons at last edition.

Sorry for the late reply, laptops been away getting fixed. I just used the editor to set it up so that the league split at 6, 2 rounds of games prior to split and 2 rounds afterwards. This way everyone plays 26 games prior to split, then top half play another 10 and bottom half play another 14 to generate a bit more income to make up for missing out on not getting the Old Firm fixtures. When my laptop gets back I can send the file to you if you want so you can have a look at it.

Archived