Warning: Did not find font resource: fonts/helveticaneueots on Windows Seven

From the FAQ thread which is a good place to start:

Get the Message "Warning: did not find font resource: fonts/helveticaneueots on game launch

It relates to the "skin cache" file called fm2012.skc.

You can delete the preferences and cache from the library folder, Steam does write to these foldesr. However they are hidden if you are using OSX Lion - you have to make it show by opening the terminal and typing the following

chflags nohidden ~/Library/

This will allow you to see your library and delete the caches. However the simple way around is to disable the "use skin cache" tick box in the preferences panel - this has completely resolved my problem. "

Sorry if this is a completely useless suggestion as I cant profess to have had this issue at any point, but is it worth a try trying to find the font helveticaneueots? and sticking it in font folder? Or download an alternative skin and load that up? Or verify you game cache in STEAM?

From the FAQ thread again:

Verify Game Cache:
  1. Load Steam

2. From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.

3. Select the Local files tab and click the ‘VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME CACHE…’ button.

4. Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes.

5. Once the process is completed, the Check Window will automatically exit.

88589882.jpg

Goto tools on STEAM and find the FM12 editor, and then right click and select properties. Once the box pops up select the LOCAL FILES tab and select verify integrity of tool cache, let it complete and then restart. It might work, this is always the first thing to try if something is not working on STEAM for any game or tool. Failing that then goto the same place and select delete local tool content, and re-install. It may not work, but definately worth a try before you do anything else!

**FrazT he is having issues with editor, so will need to do those steps from the tool, not the game. (not trying to be a smart alec by the way!!!!!! :)

I verified the cache with Steam, the Editor doesn't work.

I change the skin, the Editor doesn't work.

Is it possible for the Editor to run if the game doesn't the same version ? Because I verified the version and the version of FM is 12.0.4, and maybe it's not the same for the Editor.

Updates to the game in general don't affect the editor anymore I've been told. So that shouldn't be causing your problems.

Goto tools on STEAM and find the FM12 editor, and then right click and select properties. Once the box pops up select the LOCAL FILES tab and select verify integrity of tool cache, let it complete and then restart. It might work, this is always the first thing to try if something is not working on STEAM for any game or tool. Failing that then goto the same place and select delete local tool content, and re-install. It may not work, but definately worth a try before you do anything else!

**FrazT he is having issues with editor, so will need to do those steps from the tool, not the game. (not trying to be a smart alec by the way!!!!!! :)

No offence taken:thup:- I have no expereince of the editor so all help is welcomed.

Hmmm, clearly it cant find the font that the editor is meant to use. Have you tried seeing if your OS has that font? Also did you follow FrazT's advice, by opening game (FM12) and going to preferences and unticking skin cache. Also just for the hell of it tick always reload on confirm. And try editor again. And have you tried downloading any skin packs from the skinning sub-forum, maybe download one and install and then try? It has to be something very annoying but bloody simple!!!! Always is!!!!

Then I'm lost! Other than editing msconfig to make sure your system is starting up on ONLY the essetials to ensure there is no conflicts happening! I would goto the tech forum get your dxdiag ready to post, and try there! Sorry mate! Bloody frustrating when this crap happens! What are you wanting to edit anyway?

This is happening to me aswell i've tried everything suggested and still it doesn't work. Been trying to get it working for a week now!

go to start menu and click on your username. then go to organize and folder and search option. go to view, and then click show hidden folders. go to appdata>roaming>sports interactive>editor 2012>english

delete fm12.skc or something like that.

it solves it but every time you start it up, you have to delete it again.

go to start menu and click on your username. then go to organize and folder and search option. go to view, and then click show hidden folders. go to appdata>roaming>sports interactive>editor 2012>english

delete fm12.skas or something like that.

FINALLY WORKED!!! :D thanks mate :)

delete fm12.skas or something like that.

Can you tell me how to do this with XP ? as i cant find the file !

• 11 months later...

delete fm12.skc or something like that.

same here, i have problems with first post, so i did above, yeah its working. cheers :)

Archived