Worldwide Journeyman to Continental Dominance

Tony Hawker

My San Marino save was going well but I was deleting files to free up space on my laptop because it kept overheating and then crashing and that was one of the files to go.

Anyways onto this, this new career is a small Worldwide Journeyman career with the following leagues loaded:

hd56S.png

Now, this save will take longer than normal to complete as unlike other challenges I will be trying to get the 6 Continental Cups with Youth Only.

Starting Unemployed with Sunday League rep

Starting date: New Zealand (September 2010)

Wish me luck! :D

Thanks Offen :)

ywPXf.png

RGd2a.png

Now here's there proper history:

History

In 2000 it became evident that there was a large Fijian Indian population in Auckland including young men who played or wished to play football with an established club. The founders of the club then saw the need for a football club in Auckland to provide players of Fijian origin and chose Mangere as a suitable location due to the concentration of Fijian Indian's in the area. The founders of the Club are Mr Mohammed Imran (president),

Mr James Kado (secretary), Mr Patrick Herman (former manager) and Mr Ramu Prasad (former coach).

Playing strip and emblem

The founders decided on a black strip because no other club in Auckland seemed to use those colours. Coincidentally, it also includes one colour of the Fijian national football team kit.

The Fijian Indian element can be seen on their emblem with a Fijian whale tooth carving holding a prominent place.

Background

The club has a distinctly Fijian-Indian feel with the majority of players having a Fijian-Indian origin, being either born in Fiji or resided or recently moved to New Zealand. Due to that, the style of play often resembles creative passing, strong running and exciting football to watch.

The only other successful New Zealand football clubs with ethnic origins are Wellington Olympic AFC (Greek), Central United (Croatian) and to some extent Wellington United (Dutch and - historically - Hungarian).

Home Ground

The club's home ground is Centre Park in Mangere, Manukau. It previously housed a club rooms but was burnt down in 2005. Plans are underway for a major renovation of the ground which would see a small stadium/seating area being built. It is hoped the ground will one day be the home of ethnic and Fijian tournaments in Auckland.

Mangere United's alternative ground is Walter Massey Park, Manukau.

Derby

While there are many other football clubs in close proximity to the club, a loose derby exists with Onehunga-Mangere United due to name and location similarities between the clubs. In the derby context, Mangere United is known as Onehunga-Mangere United's cousins from the valley (Onehunga-Mangere United's home ground being on top of an extinct volcano).

Interesting facts

Mangere United's war cry commences before each game without fail. It includes all players entering into a huddle immediately prior to kick off on the field each player placing one hand in the centre and counting down from 3 to then yell "Mangere!" while thrusting hands into the sky.

It is, along with Central United and South Auckland Rangers, the last remaining ethnic club in Auckland. Despite this, the club welcomes players of all nationalities and includes several players of non Fijian origin on its roster.

The lingua franca spoken by the players during games is Fijian Hindi with English generally only spoken to players of a non Fijian origin.

The club was set for promotion to the Lotto Sport Italia NRFL Division 1 when it played the 2009 promotion match with Papatoetoe AFC. In spectacular fashion, over half of the first team roster made themselves unavailable after accepting invitations to play in a Fijian-Indian football tournament in Los Angeles, USA on the same weekend. Not surprisingly, the club lost out on promotion.

The team always says a pray in a huddle in the changing room before each game.

The year 2009 was a season of sorts. After losing 8 games in the first round and sitting second to last at the wrong end of the standings, relegation looked inevitable. The signing of Kindness Agwu and David Firisua plus the newly found form of Justin Fredickson and Safraz Ali marked a turn-around for the club. The team went on an amazing 14 games undefeated (drawing only twice) to close out the season in 4th place.

Honours

In 2001 the club won the Northern League Division Three. In 2002 the club won the Northern League Division Two.

The club has played in the Norther Premier League 3 times before (2004, 2005, 2006) with its best placing an 8th out of 14 teams in 2004.

The club's best record in the Chatham Cup is reaching the last 16 in 2004. It lost 1-2 to Waitakere United.

Mangere United are the Lotto Sport Italia NRFL Division 2 2010 Champions.

Mangere United

End of Season Review

League Table - Championship Stage -Past Positions - Fixtures

Well we had a good debut season, it started of with 2; 2-2 draws but after that our players couldn't and thankfully wouldn't stop scoring, we managed to beat Ngaruawahia United 1-0 in the Championship Final hopefully that means we get promoted to the New Zealand Northern Premier League for the next season.

Squad - This is the squad I'd inherited at the start of the season, no transfers made and evidently there were none needed as all the lads did pretty well and all made contributions no matter how small they were.

Top Goalscorer - Jeremy Goodacre - Managed to score 9 in 10 apps so was the top scorer of the team and also the Top Goalscorer in the league, we managed to have 1st and 2nd Top Goalscorers in the league.

Top Rated Player - Jamie Foster - A defender with 3 goals in 9 apps, no cards and 2 MoM awards to his name gave him an average rating of 7.60 giving him the best rating in the league aswell.

Cups:

Chatham Cup - Went out in the Qualifying Round before I'd joined the club losing 1-0 to non-league Wellington United.

Year        Team               Country       League              Position       Notes and Info
2010-2011  Mangere United   New Zealand    NZ Northern Div. 1B     1st         League Champions

Mangere United

End of Season Review

New Zealand Northern Division One A

League Table - Championship Stage - Past Positions - Fixtures

We had another good season, Started badly but after a couple of games we started the wins and we eased away to the top winning the Championship aswell with a 5-1 win in the semis we beat Ngaruawahia United 3-0 in The Final this year, looks like we won't/ don't get promoted but instead we're getting moved around the divisions, I don't want to be here much longer so I'm hoping I can get to an ASB Premiership team so we can get into the O-League for the Continental Cup (thats the plan anyway).

Squad - No new faces unless they're the Youth, got rid of a couple of players at the end of the season, my policy is normally if they don't play a full game by the end of the season then I release them, or try and get them to another club.

Top Goalscorer - Jeremy Goodacre - Another good season for my Number 1 scorer scoring 12 in 15 apps this year getting top league goalscorer again.

Top Rated Player - Chris Keane - Another Striker, Chris is the oldest player in the team by 4 years and we only have 4 players age 22 and over his average rating of 7.43 was highest in the league, followed by Jeremy Goodacre, we also had 3rd and 4th highest in the league.

Cups:

Chatham Cup - Still in it, the Final is held after the start of the new season but we beat Western Suburbs 5-4 on pens in the Semi-Finals and we're up against Eastern Suburbs in the Finals.

Youth:

Daniel Curtis (YP1)- A pretty good first season for him and seems to have gotten a small bit better aswell.

Stewart Gordon (YP2) Didn't seem to make as much of an impact as Daniel Curtis and also didn't get any better as a player overall either with only Influence going up by 1 over the season, dissapointing

Year        Team               Country       League              Position       Notes and Info
2010-2011  Mangere United   New Zealand    NZ Northern Div. 1B     1st         League Champions
2011-2012  Mangere United   New Zealand    NZ Northern Div. 1A     1st         League Champions

I ACTUALLY GOT A JOB!!

Otago-United.png

History:

Otago United is a soccer club based in Dunedin, New Zealand.

It participates in the ASB Premiership. Their home stadium is Carisbrook in the South Dunedin suburb of Caversham which is the soon the replaced home of Otago Rugby. However for their first three seasons they were based at the much smaller Caledonian Ground (the traditional home of Otago Football), in the fourth season they were based Carisbrook before a season at Sunnyvale in season five.

In the inaugural season (2004/2005), Otago United finished second from bottom but they improved to finish 5th out of 8 in the next season. However Otago United went from bad to worse in 2006/07 finishing in dead last and ending the season being humiliated 8-0 by league winners Waitakere United. The following season was slightly better finishing in seventh, ahead of Canterbury United, despite achieving the record for the least goals scored in around robin season. The shortened 2008-09 season saw the team secure 2 wins (both 2-1 over Canterbury United, Home and Away) and Two draws (3-3 at home vs Waikato and 1-1 vs Wellington Away). Despite the season been seven games shorter they still managed to score three more goals than the previous season.

History

Otago United was formed in 2004 to compete in the New Zealand Football Championship (NZFC). Based in Dunedin, Otago United, the sole representative from Federation 7, is one of eight teams competing in the NZFC. The club was formed by 21 clubs and 4 associations from within the geographic area from Timaru south to Invercargill.

Lutz Pfannenstiel, the only player to play professionally on every FIFA continent once called Otago United home.

I joined on the 20th October 2012 so before the season starts. now the challenge really begins.

Otago United - New Zealand ASB Premiership - 2012/2013

League Table

Championship Stage

Past Positions

Fixtures

A very good debut season, winning the league quite easily with a weak squad.

Squad - I'm in the middle of a squad revamp so I've gotten rid of quite a few of last years first teamers and youth to make way for bigger and better players so I can dominate.

Transfers - got rid of 44 players and brought in 17, most are foreigners from Green Island who are in the lower leagues but had 3 - 5* rated players!

Top Goalscorer & Top Rated Player - Kanye Vincent - Scored 8 in 14 and was rated 7.23 overall.

2011-2012  Mangere United   New Zealand    NZ Northern Div. 1A     1st         League Champions
2012-2013  Otago United     New Zealand    NZ ASB Premiership      1st         League Champions

Next Season: It may be a bit far fetched but I want to win the O-League.

Archived