Strange Financial Dealing in FM 2011 in 2020

After the season ended several things happened and as a result I am not sure whether I am crazy or the game is.

First, the planning bar for my new stadium was replaced by a building stadium bar with the stadium being scheduled for completition in May 2023. On its own this is fine.

Likewise the nearly complete bar for the improvement of my youth recruiting network was replaced by a new bar that will finish at the same time. Again, fine.

My new shirt sponsorship deal is announced $31 million a year. Great. My team has progressed so the big increase over the prior $7 million per year is welcome. Except the messages is telling me my prior deal was $19 million a year. It was not.

The board decides to take dividends of $30 million. Except that we lost money this year and this would use up nearly 75% of my cash.

So I look at my financial statements and they are all changed. My bank debt has increased by $30 million. Many other numbers have changed as well. It shows me as taking in lots more income last season that I actually did. It also shows my season ticket price as $3.4 K instead of $1.4 K and my average ticket price is now $210 instead of $77. Basically everything is different. Certainly, overall the club is much strong financially but it is strange.

So I save the game and reload a game from the middle of the season. And the numbers are completely different than they were then. In otherwords either my save game file has been modified or the game has elected to display the saved game's information in a different way.

So I reload a save game from the end of December 2019. I chose this one because I had a $35 million transfer pending and I pretty much remembered my financial situation. The transfer center now lists this transaction as a $80 million transfer. Another pending transfer is listed as $20 million when it was for just under $8 million. On the good side, I have over $200 million in cash instead of the $80 million or so I actually had.

So what is going on? Can anyone help me?

Weirdly, I read this thread and then had it actually happen to me, having not noticed it before! I'd saved my game after getting a new stadium last night (well you would!) then loaded a different game tonight before going back to the new stadium. When I got to it I found that all the financial terms for it had increased (Loan up from £10m to £11.5m, for example), but when I closed it and reloaded it went back to what I'd had before...

Sounds like a weird bug I got once.

The currency changed to Euros, but the signs were still £

So a player that was worth £10m was now showing as £11.25m

The weirdest thing was that the drop down boxes that show £100k, £250k, £500k, £1m etc were now all showing as £112.5k, £1.125m etc

I just reloaded and the bug was gone.

Archived