FM 11 : Kevin Gameiro

DandyDon

Right, had a look through the threads and I'm pretty sure nobody has created an FM11 one for this lad, so thought I might as well give it a bash.

Kevin_gameiro.jpg

Full Name: Kevin Gameiro

DOB: 9th May 1987 (23 at start of game)

Place of Birth: Senlis, France

Nationality: French

Club: FC Lorient

Position: ST

Transfer Value: Valued at £3.5million, probably get him first season for about double that.

Gameiro became a professional player with RC Strasbourg in 2004, spending the 2004/5 season in their reserve side. He made his first team debut in September of the 2005/6 season and in December of that season made his debut in Europe coming on as a sub against Red Star Belgrade, with his team 2-0 down he scored twice to rescue a 2-2 draw. During his time at Strasbourg he made 58 appearances, scoring 10 goals. In 2008 he signed for Lorient after Strasbourg were relegated to Ligue 2. He has a fairly impressive strike rate in the leage for them with 43 goals in 94 appearances, his form since signing for Lorient has brought him into Laurent Blanc plans at international level and he made his debut in September as a second half sub against Belarus. He also made a brief substitue appearance in France's friendly win against Brazil.

IMscouting describe him as a "fast, energetic player with good dribbling abilities"

Most of this information was shamelessly obtained from the font of all knowledge...wikipedia.

I managed to pick Super Kev up in the first season for my Stoke team, he was my most expensive signing at £7.25 million arranged as 500,000 upfront and 6.75 million over 48 months. Despite the cost he's been an absolute bargain for us. Played as a poacher alongside either a Deep-lying forward or a more conventional target man, in both of his first 2 seasons he came close to being the league top scorer.

As he is at start of the season:

KvinGameiroProfile_Attributes.png

And early in third season:

KvinGameiroProfile_Attributes-2.png

As you can see not a massive leap in his attributes, but there is room for him to improve with some decent coaching.

His Stats for First season:

KvinGameiroHistory_CareerStats.png

His stats for Second season:

KvinGameiroHistory_CareerStats-2.png

He got off to a great start for my Stoke team, but even better second season when I added a little more quality in midfield and alongside him. Get someone who can slot in a good through ball and he will pounce.

Well done mate. Was just looking for the Gameiro thread. Just started a Porto game and signed him for £5.5m to rotate as an adv fwd with Hulk, alongside Falcao as TM. Started well, 4 in 5 but then got injured for 3 months on his France debut. Will score goals though for sure.

Cheers, he's being mentioned a lot in the dispatches irl too. Noticed he was linked with Arsenal yesterday, and I'm sure he'll be linked with Spurs at some point soon...

Hard luck with the injury there, he doesn't seem to injury prone though for quick striker, rarely out for long so far in my game. Which is a good thing, as the rest of the frontline mob seem to be a bit on the easily broken side, thank feck for Super Kev, he's picked up where he left off for me in this latest season with 5 goals in 5 games.

He's an awesome player in game and irl. Picked him up for Bolton on a free in 2012, and as a poacher, alongside a trequartista, was scoring 20+ goals a season, the first season with me he was mostly a sub and was my top scorer.

I try to go for him in every save where I need a striker and can afford him, just cause he'll score the goals you need.

Very nice OP btw.

Was just having a look at him on my Lyon save. 1st season and he is transfer listed at Llorient and has been offered to me for £6m. Trying to barter them down a bit as his valuation is only £3.8m.

I play a lone striker up front in a 4-2-3-1, and he would be back-up/rotation to Lisandro Lopez - will he do the job?

Well, I ended up purchasing Gameiro for the £6m Llorient wanted - couldn't get them to budge on the price. He scored, and got MOM, on his Lyon debut, so great start!

Hope he carries on in the same vein. Did you play him up front in that 4-2-3-1 formation you mentioned?

Hope he carries on in the same vein. Did you play him up front in that 4-2-3-1 formation you mentioned?

Yeah, he came on as sub at 60mins. I use Lopez as an advance forward, but changed the role to a poacher as soon as Gameiro came on. It seemed to give the 3 creative players behind him more room and he got a great goal by using a bit of movement and then skinning the centre half. He has carried on well and scored 4 goals now in 7 games (only 2 starts).

• 1 month later...
I signed him as a free agent in my Panathinaikos' save but he got a lot of injures so i sold him and that was a mistake cos in Sunderand was 3 times in row first scorer in Premier League.

He seems to be quite a beast in the EPL, Newcastle bought him on my save

gameiro.jpg

In All competitions for Newcastle he has:

Played: 260

scored: 148

Might give him a try in a new save :)

signed him on my newcastle save first season for 5.5 mil. 15 goals/9 assists in 36 appearances first season, 26/7 from 34 the next and currently 18/7 from 18 in the thirs season. him and chucho benitez have been immense for me.

signed him on my newcastle save first season for 5.5 mil. 15 goals/9 assists in 36 appearances first season, 26/7 from 34 the next and currently 18/7 from 18 in the thirs season. him and chucho benitez have been immense for me.

Benitez seems to be immense on this patch. That's quite a strike force witht he two of them.

Archived