Players should either convert more of their CCCs, or the game should simply give less

Because it's pretty embarrassing to see your players missing four clear cut chances in the semi final second leg of the play offs.

It's happened loads of times during the season. I'll have dozens of CCCs, only for my players to miss them all and have the other team score.

What an absurdly predictable match. 1-1 in the first leg. Missed 3 clear cut chances in the first half of the second leg. Conceded in the 80th minute. Fantastic.

Please, SI, just give me less clear cut chances on FM12. I don't really want to see my strikers missing CLEAR CUT CHANCES 4/5 times. They're called CLEAR CUT chances for a reason.

Couldn't you have just used one of the 1,000,001 other threads on the subject?

CCCs aren't a real life statistic and what the game calculates as a CCC varies massively.

Also all strikers in the world miss more than they score with a conversion rate of one in three considered good.

CCC stat shouldnt be in the game because its a debatable stat. What someone thinks a CCC does not mean that another person will think it is.

Striker 1v1 with the GK = clear cut chance.

But how about an old fashioned defender 1v1 with the keeper? Well the game would still count both as CCC, but most comentators wouldnt count the second one as the defender is not 'expected' to score.

Also, the situations in which 1 striker will be expected to score is different to others. EG - Alan shearer with a good cross and only 1 defender to beat on his head he would have been expected to score. However the same is not expected of say, emily heskey.

So, the CCC stat is the issue, rather than being an issue with the ME.

Archived