FM11 - A Journey (Man) of Football

MattSpurs94

ENDED

So, this is my first attempt at a Journeyman career update thread, so bear with if it isn't really.........good :p

Version - FM11

Patch - 11.2.1

DB - 11.2

Size - Large

DB Edits - One, my own, fixes some names and stuff to make it realistic

Leagues loaded -

England (Blue Squ. N/S)

France (Ligue 2)

Germany (3. Liga)

Italy (Serie C2)

Scotland (Second Division)

South Africa (First Division)

Spain (Second Division B)

View only -

Argentina

Belgium

Brazil

China

Holland

Ireland

Wales

Here is my alter ego, Kieran Hayden. As you can see, he's Australian, so he knows a bit about the game ;) He is unemployed and has a sunday league rep.

So, here we go.

QUICK NOTE: I do have to share my computer with my family, so updates can sometimes be far apart. Sorry ;)

Year      | Team                     | League                      | Place | Points | Achievements          |
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11    Blackburn Rovers (RSA)      First Divison Coastal         -----   ------   Sacked by new board
2010/11    Celano Olimpia              Serie C2/B                     3rd      50     Playoff Winners 
2011/12    Celano Olimpia              Serie C1/B                     7th      47     
2012/13    Celano Olimpia              Serie C1/B                    -----   ------   Resigned
2012/13    Sutton Utd                  BSS                            19th     30     Resigned at end of season
2013/14    Forest Green Rovers         BSS                            11th     59     Arrived in Feb.
2014/15    Forest Green Rovers         BSS                            9th      64     Resigned at end of season

picture2bv.png

No, thats not Blackburn Rovers in England. After literally 1 day of holidaying, I was offered the job of Blackburn Rovers (RSA) in South Africa, in the First Division Coastal.

With an offer of £425 a week, a wage budget of £2.6K and £716 in the transfer kitty, I immediately accept, pack my bags and head to South Africa!

As soon as I arrive, I see the squad is already in relatively good shape, but does need an amount of tweaking. I need to add a few more staff, but I think we are nearly ready to rock!

Board Expectations:

South African First Division Coastal - Stay clear of relegation

South African FA Cup - Second Round

South African First Division Cup - Learn from the experience

Preseason

Blackburn 2 - 4 AmaZulu

Not the greatest start in the world, but hey, they're in the premier division. A no contest. They stormed into a 3 - 0 lead at the half hour mark, and we thought that was that.

Or was it? After they missed a penalty in the 61st minute, we seemed to pick up and Sibusiso Sithole scored in the 73rd and 81st minute. When they had a player sent off in the 87th minute, we thought we could do it. Alas, we couldn't, and they scored again in the 90th minute to round off a very one sided affair.

Blackburn 0 - 3 Maritzburg Utd

A poor match for us. We held them off for the first half, right until added time, where we conceded. They doubled their lead 2 minutes into the second half, and they finished us off with a penalty, where we had our first sending off, Ngobe stupidly clattering into their player.

Blackburn 1 - 0 PE Tech

Only set this up as a morale booster, but to be honest, they were actually the better side, and we only just won when Sibusiso Sithole netted in the 28th minute. Overall, a poor match, and not quite the morale booster I had hoped for.

Preseason Report

Not the best preseason, but we need to move on, and focus on getting results in the league and the cups.

picture4ty.png

November 12th 2010: I have been hired by the Italian Serie C2/B team Celano. I have a wage budget of £14.19k, of which £8.39k is already being spent.

I also have £168k to play with in the January Transfer Window.

I have been hired until the end of the season, on a £475 p/w deal.

MID SEASON REVIEW - 2010/11

This was one of the weirdest half seasons i've ever had.

When I took over at Blackburn Rovers (RSA), I thought we had a good shot at getting promoted. We had a decent squad, or so my assistant said. Remind me to check they actually know what they are talking about before trusting them. The players were absolutely shocking. In my entire time there, about 4 months, we won 1 game, and that was a preseason against a shocking team, who could've easily beaten us. In a way, I'm glad the businessman took over, It meant I could leave the hell I was in with my rep intact.

I wasn't unemployed for long though. I was offered the job at Celano in Serie C2/B. They were languishing near the relegation zone, and I knew I had a tough job on my hands. I got down to work, signing about 7 new players, one on a free transfer so he arrived immediately. The rest arrive on the 2nd January. The free transfer was Francesco Sergio Piemontese, and my, what a difference he made. After 5 straight losses, it was looking like it would be another day in my life. Constant losses. But no. An unbelievable 3 - 1 win over the league leaders Carrarese gave us the confidence to record a 1 - 0 win over Chieti and then a sensational 6 - 0 win over Carpi, who were very.........carp.

With the new signings, I'm looking to push up the table, and, if we are very luck, reach the playoffs!

Fixtures - Table

I found it pretty equivalent to League 2, which sort of makes sense as it's the same tier. The jump between C1 and B is much less than between L1 and Champo though, which means the jump to A is slightly bigger than to the Premier League.

picture4ty.png

CELANO

END OF SEASON REVIEW - 2010/11

SERIE C2/B - 3rd - Playoff winners

My oh my. That is truly incredible. I took over mid November, with Celano languishing in 15th place, and relegation looking very likely. I set out to work, and sign 7 new players, one being a free and coming in immediately. My first two games were both defeats, much to my dismay. It was looking like another year in the office.

How wrong would I turn out to be! 9 straight wins took us all by surprise, and saw us rise to 5th place and playoffs spot with 10 games left. Of those 10 games, we lost three, drew two and won five. The second last game was crucial, with a win securing us playoffs and defying all the odds.

It was a poor match, to be honest. We struggled to break them down at all. They had a man sent off in the 26th minute, but we still couldn't score.....until we recieved a penalty in the second minute of injury time! Up stepped in-form Graziano Villa......

And he hammered it in! 1 - 0 to us and playoffs was secured. The last game was a 3 - 1 stroll, and we now had to focus for the biggest games in the history of Celano.

The semi final was an amazing two matches. 1st leg was away, and we took the lead in the 28th minute, thanks to our free transfer forward Francesco Piemontese. After half time, they picked up, and scored in the 55th and 66th minute to hand the advantage back to them. We didn't lose heart, and equalised 2 minutes later through Pignalosa, before retaking the lead in the 78th minute through super midfielder Paltemio Barbetti! We held on, but suffered a blow when Pignalosa recieved a second yellow in injury time. The Second leg was nowhere near as exciting, and they scored one goal in the 70th minute to even out the scoreline. We defended for our lives, and held on to move on to the final thanks to our away goals!

The final arrived and tensions were high. We knew that a loss here would be devestating. 1st leg at home, and I have one thing to say....

1 - 0! :D

The second leg was easily the biggest match in Celano's history. They took the lead after 25 minutes, but we kept on pressing and Piemontese scored just before half time to even things out. The second half saw them score again to bring it back to 2 - 2 on aggregate. We had our defender Simone Pagni sent off in the 88th minute, and we had to defend for our lives. We managed to reach extra time, and I gave the lads an inspiring team talk. Would it work?

Yes.

Stefano Prizio and Livio Daniele Bruno, on loan from Bari, scored his last and only goal for us to secure an amazing 4 - 2 win and reach Serie C1 for the first time!

Unbelievably, I do not receive Serie C2/B Manager of the Year, but that doesn't really upset me.

The board also announces the purchase of the stadium and they recieve about £500k in sponsorship deals :cool:

Graziano Villa is rightly voted Fan's Player of the Year.

My Player of the Season -

Serie C Cup

Out before I arrived. Lost in the 2nd round.

Transfers

A good few transfers in meant we had the quality and depth to help us throughout the season. Piemontese easily being the best of the lot. Only a few outgoers, highest profile being Bacchi who decided to throw a big strop over being replaced as captain, and so had his contract terminated. No worries though, as Moracci was much better than him.

Overall

An utterly amazing year for Celona, and a brilliant one for me. Next season is all about staying up, and bringing in the quality we need to eventually get promoted again.

I think it was about £300k, because its a 3,200 all seater, but I really regret it because It costs £975K per month for upkeep! :(

I would think San Filippo, being a 40,200 all seater stadium, probably costs about £10 - 15million

picture4ty.png

CELANO

Preseason

Vibonese 3 - 2 Celano

After we went 1 - 0 down after 6 minutes, I knew it was going to be tough. we pulled on back in the first half injury time, then took the lead in the 68th minute through Nicola Falomi, our transfer listed striker. We let one back in, 8 minutes later, before they sealed a deserved 3 - 2 win through a penalty in the 85th minute.

Cosenza 2 - 2p Celano - Italian Cup 1st Qual. Round

A nice unexpected win, especially after being 1 - 0 down at the end of the first half. We somehow made it 2 - 1 before they equalized in the 88th minute . Extra time saw two of their players get injured and my striker Pignalosa get sent off YET AGAIN :mad: . I need to have a word with this boy. We held them off to see to penalties and, well, we won 4 - 3 :D This game saw us pick up 8 yellow cards, so I need to address the team discipline, sharp.

Piacenza 1 - 0 Celano - Italian Cup 2nd Qual. Round

Didn't really expect to win here, so keeping it 0 - 0 at half time was very nice :) . Couldn't keep it up, as we lost 1 - 0. Meh.

Celano 3 - 2 Catania Reserves

Another surprise win, especially since we went 1 - 0 down after half an hour. We rallied at the break, and pulled one back, again through Pignalosa, before an own goal secured us a win in a match we weren't expected to win at all.

Preseason Report

Not too bad friendlies, only two as they were set up very close together, so I cancelled some, and we had the cup qualifiers, so I kept it nice and short. Still want to bring in some quality, but I am looking forward to a good season, even if we fail miserably.

MID SEASON REVIEW - 2011/12

We are yet again confounding the critics.

Despite being the favourites for relegation, We are sitting, not really comfortably, in 7th place, despite us being delightfully inconsistent. It seems every time we win a game we have to lose one. If we win 2, we lose 2. Hmmmmm. Probably down to the fact that I stupidly released Piemontese, our star striker, because I thought he wouldn't be good enough. Luckily, I've found myself a nice guy called Alessandro Cesarini. He didn't score for 3 months, despite turning in consistently good performances. He finally scored in a 4 - 1 win, twice in fact. He seems to picking up now, so I expect him to play a big part in the future.

The league is really splitting apart now. The leader and playoffs spots are building up a good lead, so we really need to push hard if we want to try and secure another shock promotion.

Fixtures - Table

picture4ty.png

CELANO

END OF SEASON REVIEW - 2011/12

SERIE C1/B - 7th

Another season to please me as we again defy expectations to finish 7th place in our first season in Serie C1/B. How, I do not know, because we never put together a run of more than 2 wins at a time. Apart from a couple of big wins, It wasn't really a season to get excited about. So this report is going to be on the short side.

My Player of the Season - Alessandro Cesarini

He took about three months to get going, but once he did, he scored 10 times and helped us stay up in the top half.

At the end of the season, the board announced the expansion of the standing area to 800 people. A good thing as we had the highest attendance percent out of the entire league.

David Toukam was named Fan's Player of the Year.

Around halfway through the season, The media started to worry my board because my contract was up at the end of the season, so reassured them by signing a new 1 year deal.

Serie C Cup

Lost in the 2nd round. Again

Italian Cup

Lost in the 2nd Qualifying Round

Transfers

A lot of deadwood released at the beginning of the season, bought a lot more quality in, and it showed throughout the season. Cesarini, Musso and De Napoli the pick of the bunch.

Overall

A very successful season overall, next season we will look to keep up at the top, and maybe even a sneaky push for promotion! who knows......

picture4ty.png

CELANO

Preseason

2012/13

Celano 0 - 3 Bologna

Serie A team absolutely obliterates us. Never stood a chance

Celano 0 - 3 Parma

Yet again, Serie A team. Yet again, obliterated 3 - 0

Celano 2 - 0 Perugia

Finally, a preseason win! a good all round performance, with Luigi Anaclerio scoring and Danilo Alessandro also getting on the scoresheet on his debut.

Celano 5 - 0 Caela San Pietro - Italian Cup 1st Qual. Round

Easy game against an unplayable team. strangly we had 5 different scorers, with Gigli, Musso, Anaclerio, Prizio and Cesarini all scoring.

Celano p2 - 2 Frosinone - Italian Cup 2st Qual. Round

An awesome win over Serie B team Frosinone. An own goal by debutant Kockeritz put Frosinone ahead, before Cesarini equalised from the penalty spot. They retook the lead just before half time, but Danilo Alessandro equalised to take the game to extra time. That went goaless, so penalties decided it. A few nervy moments as both teams missed a few penalties, until Prizio won it for us after they missed while drawing 4 - 4. The next round beckons :)

Preseason Report

A tough preseason balanced out by the Italian Cup wins. A good season awaits.

Excellent debut in Serie C1, here's hoping for a playoff adventure next season :)

We can only hope. I'm 13th with 5 games gone so far, with one win, 1 draw and 3 losses....

Just be sure to remember the name of the team you're managing in your update headers.

Ah.

Fixed ;)

that was embarrassing.....

MID SEASON REVIEW - 2012/13

Another year, another resignation.

We had a horrible half season, probably because of injury to our main man Alessandro Cesarini. The squad just didn't show enough passion like last season, and a 4 - 1 loss to our close rivals was the final straw. I handed in my resignation, and started job hunting.

I had to wait till february until I was offered the job at Sutton Utd. They've been very poor, and are just outside relegation. I look forward to the challenge.

SUTTON UTD

END OF SEASON REVIEW - 2012/13

BLUE SQUARE BET SOUTH - 19th

Didn't add their logo, as I felt it would be a waste, considering I resigned at the end of the season.

Basically, the entire team was absolutely shocking. I arrived when they were 19th, and I left when they were 19th. Not a lot to comment on really, apart from the amount of times we lost by 4 or 5 goals. I'm just not the man to help them.

FA Cup

Out before I arrived. Lost in the 3rd Qual. Round

FA Trophy

Same as the FA cup.

Transfers

2 goalies on a free. Thats it.

Overall

The worst year of my career. Period. Lets hope I get picked up by another club, and I can actually make some progress.

picture1te.png

Forest Green Rovers

END OF SEASON REVIEW - 2013/14

BLUE SQUARE SOUTH - 11th

I spent most of this season on holiday waiting for a job to come through. It took till February, but I was fianlly offered the post at Forest Green Rovers. They were disappointingly in 15th place despite being favoured for the promotion playoffs. I set to work, and brought in a couple of players who I thought would be beneficial for the team. Despite some unbelievable losses against worse teams, we rose up to 11th place and stayed there right to the end.

Club Watch:

Celano are in the Serie C1/B playoffs, and are looking very likely to be promoted :D Cesarini netted 17 in 33 games, which isn't too bad.

Sutton placed 13th in the Blue Square South

Blackburn Rovers (RSA) were relegated the same season I left.

FA Cup

Out before I arrived. Lost in the 4th Qualifying Round

FA Trophy

Out before I arrived. Lost in the 1st Round

Overall

A promising start, looking to get promotion next year, then who knows!.......

picture1te.png

Forest Green Rovers

BEGINNING OF SEASON REVIEW - 2014/15

Board Expectations

Blue Square South - Promotion

FA Cup - 1st Round

FA Trophy - 2nd Round

2014 World Cup

1st - Switzerland

2nd - Cameroon

3rd - Brazil

4th - Argentina