FM11: Rivaldo

CMOZZA

Well considering all the love for Roberto Carlos & David Beckham in here, I thought I'd represent another golden oldie; the great Rivaldo (Searched and couldn't find a thread):

Here he is at the start of Season 2 (He's not much different at the start of the game either tbh):

rivaldoprofileattribute.th.png

The thing that differentiates him from the likes of Beckham & Carlos is he's available on a free at the start of the game (Asks for very little as well, iirc around £2.5k-£4k p/w) and has excellent technical stats in addition to good mentals.

On my game he joined Austria Vienna in Season 1 and played 33 games, scoring 17 and made 11 assists. Showing he can still play at a decent level,he may even cut it in a bigger league for a season as an impact substitute?

I decided to Sign him in Season 2 as I think he could be an good tutor for any young AMC's/Strikers and could even do a job in some lesser fixtures.

Anyone else taken him?

He's at a new club on the new patch (can't remember the name) and for around 100k you can get him. It seems easier to purchase him now than it did when he was on a free transfer, although some of his choices could be questionable. When I was stoke he signed for a small Turkish club instead of me.

Whilst he doesn't have his pace anymore which is understandable, the main problem which I feel is a big hinderance is his poor natural fitness. I've seen in a few games hes had lengthy injuries in the first couple of matches hes played.

He's at a new club on the new patch (can't remember the name) and for around 100k you can get him. It seems easier to purchase him now than it did when he was on a free transfer, although some of his choices could be questionable. When I was stoke he signed for a small Turkish club instead of me.

Whilst he doesn't have his pace anymore which is understandable, the main problem which I feel is a big hinderance is his poor natural fitness. I've seen in a few games hes had lengthy injuries in the first couple of matches hes played.

He's at Mogi Mirim in Brazil. He announced about a month ago he would be playing with them for the 2011 season.

i bought him on my Santos Game, i play him as an attacking midfield with no defensive duties, in 38 games ive played so far, hes played in 26 of them about 14 off the bench, and scored 18 goals, he is a good role model, and he has actually just earnt him self a year extention for a 38 year old and on a free worth a gamble!

I signed him a few times and he was ddisgraceful.

I thought he'd be a terrific little player to help break down weaker teams or to come off the bench, but he kept missing sitters and that. Annoying

I played in the AMC role as advanced playmaker and he scored me 12 goals and got 17 assists. He was a great signing for me.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
I have just signed him for Dartford in season two playing in the Blue Square Premier - he wanted £800 per week and £1k signing on fee! Hope he performs!!

Well he has been awful for me - think I just expected more from him to be honest, spend about 75% of the time injured and the rest playing poorly. Played well once scoring 2 and creating 3, but one game in 14 wasn't good enough.

• 1 month later...

Snapped him up for my arsenal side in 2011/2012 Legend GOAL! on his debut in the FA cup against Newcastle

scored 2 goals against Liverpool in FA cup again to win the tie

then finally he scores 2 goals in 5mins against wowles from coming off the bench in the 70th min to win in the semi-final of the FA cup

he ends up top scorer in FA cup

A legend, in my eyes anyway i Win the FA cup and he later becomes one of the Backroom Staff RIVALDOOOOOOOO!

Archived