My Tactics or Bug?

Ok so I've been playing my game and I'm in my second season, but i can't seem to stop conceding goals from crosses, i don't concede a lot of goals(33 last season best in the league) but of those 33, 20+ where from crosses?

So i've tried to to stem the flow but changing my full back instructions but it doesn't seem to work, my centre backs are the best in the league and very very strong in the air.

So is it a bug or my tactics?

But i have heard ppl on other forums moaning about conceding goals from crosses alot more than any other means of conceding.

Also my mate has been experiencing the same problem with defending crosses, i'm just wondering because is getting very annoying

But i have heard ppl on other forums moaning about conceding goals from crosses alot more than any other means of conceding.

Also my mate has been experiencing the same problem with defending crosses, i'm just wondering because is getting very annoying

Are your wingers tracking back and helping fullbacks you be suprised on how many dont unless there sliders are tweaked :)

people are quick to assume because they have the best players then they must be untouchable, look at your tactics, find out why wingers are getting so many crosses into the box, have a look at where your central defenders are in terms of marking.

Conceding too many goals from conerns would say to me you are giving the opposition too much time on the wide areas. it could also mean your central defenders are not as good as you think or the opposition are better in the air than you are giving them credit for.

don't play wingers as i player 4-1-3-2

with only one of my midfielders attacking, and the other 2 support with the one in front of the back four defensive

Well the oposition may be getting too much space down your flanks, sounds like that with the formation your using

both my centre backs are good enough to play in the division above

what are their stats in terms of height, jumping, strength, bravery, determination positioning, heading and aggresion?

more width doestn mean you will protect the wings, it means you team will spread out and leave more gaps looking to create space.

that's what i first thought so i tweaked the slider to play with more width

Try targeting there wingers when you next play like allways close down see if it helps

but i do think that formation is root of your problem, you may need abit more tweaking in the tactics :)

Try targeting there wingers when you next play like allways close down see if it helps

but i do think that formation is root of your problem, you may need abit more tweaking in the tactics :)

cheers, but as far asi remember i have been targeting there wingers with closing down, but i'll give it a go now

don't play wingers as i player 4-1-3-2

with only one of my midfielders attacking, and the other 2 support with the one in front of the back four defensive

Is the DMC playing as Anchor Man, thats what he's playing as in my tactics which seem similar to yours and he helps to close down on the flanks. My other midfielsers are set to box-to-box support, central midfielder support and advanced playmaker support (or attacking if I need a goal or against a team I should dominate)

Your DCs should at least try to attack any crosses coming in, so have a look at the settings of those, I like to use the cover and stopper system.

Is the DMC playing as Anchor Man, thats what he's playing as in my tactics which seem similar to yours and he helps to close down on the flanks. My other midfielsers are set to box-to-box support, central midfielder support and advanced playmaker support (or attacking if I need a goal or against a team I should dominate)

Your DCs should at least try to attack any crosses coming in, so have a look at the settings of those, I like to use the cover and stopper system.

with regards with box 2 box i can't really implement that as i'm managing in the BSN

also my defensive midfielder is set to anchor man

with regards with box 2 box i can't really implement that as i'm managing in the BSN

also my defensive midfielder is set to anchor man

why cant you? I started in BSN and i had them set as this with no problem, it is starting to sound more and more like your players are the problem here

I play a 4-1-3-2 also and crossing by wingers from the byline can be a problem sometimes. But I find effective use of OI's helps considerably. Use "always close down" and "show on to weaker foot" Being the opposite foot of the side they are playing on, i.e. show onto left foot for right side winger. This helps to force them inside.

If the opposition also has attacking FB's and they are overlapping with the wingers , I use "always tight mark", so the FB will go with the winger and the DM in the anchor man role will hopefully go with the FB or perhaps one of the CM's will track back as well. Like I said, hopefully! Good luck.

what are their stats in terms of height, jumping, strength, bravery, determination positioning, heading and aggresion?

more width doestn mean you will protect the wings, it means you team will spread out and leave more gaps looking to create space.

Defender A, 185cm, Jumping 13, Strength 12, Bravery 9, Determination 13, Positioning 10, Heading 9, Aggression 11.

Defender B, 191cm, Jumping 13, Strength 7, Bravery 13, Determination 10, Positioning 6, Heading 8, Aggression 7.

i would say the bottom player is your big problem, the top player stats are okish for the level you are playing, poor at heading tho. the bottom player i would get rid of right away he will be out of position, not aggresive when jumping for the ball so he will get beaten easily he will also get out muscled quite easily in the air. Even if he is not always near the ball in the box there is a chance he will pull your defence apart by being out of position so badly

Defender B is very poor, i know its BSN (as i said i manage their myself) i can see why he isnt clearing anything, Defender A is decent for the league and should be ok

Defender B, has been the best player for me, and is attracting attention for BSP teams and his better than alot of other Centre backs in the league

Defender B is very poor, i know its BSN (as i said i manage their myself) i can see why he isnt clearing anything, Defender A is decent for the league and should be ok

but i'm managing at such a low level that getting a complete defender is nexts to impossible

but i'm managing at such a low level that getting a complete defender is nexts to impossible

you dont need a complete defender, but if your problem is goals from crosses you should look for a defender who can counter that, even at that level you will find someone better than that, it may take a lot of scouting about, but thats the part of the game, i love spending hours looking for the perfect player for the level i am playing.

what are his stats in terms of headers attempted/won, same for tackles, and his average rating for the last season? Other AI teams may want him but they do like to sign rubbish!!

Headers Attempted/Won 57/73 (78%)

Tackles Attempted/Won 238/275 (86%)

Average rating 7.19(In all competitions)

Defender B, has been the best player for me, and is attracting attention for BSP teams and his better than alot of other Centre backs in the league

Heh, that's interesting indeed because B looks very poor even for that low... his strength and positioning are just horrid. Unless he just wins every header tossed into your side, but with that low strength I'd be surprised by that unless the rest of the league are tiny.

There has to be someone that at least has better positioning for a defender.

Heh, crazy... whats his tackle and marking?

Heh, that's interesting indeed because B looks very poor even for that low... his strength and positioning are just horrid. Unless he just wins every header tossed into your side, but with that low strength I'd be surprised by that unless the rest of the league are tiny.

But his stats are very good and his so consistent as seen here

Heh, crazy... whats his tackle and marking?

His tackling and marking are 11

Archived