FM 2010: CSKA Moscow

-MD-

Hey guys, did a search and went through the first 20 pages of this section and couldn't find a CSKA Moscow thread for this year's FM, so thought I'd make it. I won't bore you with the club history and all that, i'll just give you a breif rundown of the squad and some suggested signings etc. Just want to point out that I'm in no way a fan of the club and my suggested signings (and departures) are just that - suggestions. If you think there's something I can add to this, let me know. Cheers.

6681gif.png

League: Russion Premier division (holders - Rubin)

Continental competition: Europa League

Stadium: Arena Khimki, 18, 000 all seater (due to move into the 35, 000 capacity CSKA-Peschanoye on 1/01/2012)

Rivals: Lokomotiv Moscow, Spartak Moscow, Zenit, Moscow

Media Prediction: 2nd

The squad

Key players: Igor Akinfeev, Alan Dzagoev, Milos Krasic

akinfeev.jpgDzagoev.jpgKrasic.jpg

Defence: Probably the strongest area of the squad. You have Russia's #1 and one of the best keepers in the game, Igor Akinfeev in goal with the Berezutskiy twins and Sergei Ignashevich providing the defence in front of him. The two young full backs, Kirill Nabakin and Georgy Schennikov will provide the width.

Suggested additions: Seb Larsson (Bosman), Nicolas N'Koulou (Bosman), Dodo (loan).

Suggested departures: Dimitry Protopopov, Deividas Semberas, Semyon Fedotov, Iskander Djailov, Sergey Perunov, Anton Vlasov.

--------------------

Midfield: Pretty solid, although not as strong as the defence. The star attacking man of the midfield is Alan Dzagoev, with the likes of Eugeny Aldonin and Paval Mamaev playing part of the enforcer. New signing, Keisuka Honda is always a threat from distance and will also be an important part of the team's set up.

Suggested additions: Bernardo (loan), Tinga (1-1.5 mil), Nemanja Matic (loan), Deco (free agent mid-season), Torric (80k).

Suggested departures: Dmitry Zameshaev, Maxim Fedorov, Eugeny Sherenkov, Alexey Kiselev, Elvir Rahimic (he's OK for half a season, just don't renew his contract).

--------------------

Attack: With Vagner Love out on loan at Flemengo for the first half of the season, your main goal scoring man here is Tomas Necid. The tall, powerful striker should have no problem holding the line by himself with the assistance of Milos Krasic and new Signing, Mark Gonzalez on either flank.

Suggested additions: Lacina Traore (500k-1mil), Adriano (bomsman), Diego Buonanotte (Bosman), Paulo Henrique (Bosman), Sofiane Feghouli (Bosman), Jo (mid-season loan), Mahatma Otoo (130k).

Suggested departures: Anton Zabolotny (loan), Sergey Shumilan, Artak Grigoryn, Lobos Kalouda, Ricardo Jesus, Sekou Oliseh (loan), Nikita Burmistrov.

--------------------

League registration and transfer windows are from 1 January - 12 March and August 1-30. There are no restrictions on the number of foreign players the squad can have at any one time, but the starting 11 must have at least 5 players with Russian nationality and 1 player under 22 with Russian nationality in the match squad. A maximum of 60 players can be registered.

Also make sure that when you start a new game to go through the squad and tie down any players you want to keep for the long term as bigger clubs will constantly be hounding you for players.

Just on the transfers; The great thing about Russia is that their season starts in January, so right away there's a whole host of top footballing talent available for free. I suggest you immediately do a player search and quickly snap up the players you wants

--------------------

Want to know more: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PFC_CSKA_Moscow

Necid is an excellent player, leading scorer for my pompey side and then theres Guilherme that I didn't see mentioned in the op. He is on loan at CSKA on 10.3 isn't he?

Necid as TM and Guilherme as poacher - immense

• 4 months later...

So I started with CSKA. My aim is to win the CL with them.

Gone away from my beloved 2 up front this time.

Transfers -out

Odiah £1.2m to Newcastle

In

Fabian Monzon £1.8m from Boca. How I've never heard of this guy I don't know. Quality left back.

Alexandr Sapeta £1.1m from Saturn. Teenage MC/AMC prospect. Russian, handy for league rules.

Eugeny Savin £3.3m from Sovetov. Russian poacher.

The following are also coming over the next 12 months:

Kryvtsov £2.8m from Metalist arrives 1.8.2009

James Rodriguez £2.6m from Banfield 1.8.2009

Doumbia £8.25m from Young Boys 1.8.2010 (deal already done before I took over)

Vaclev Kadlec £55k from Sparta 1.8.2010.

My squad looks like this

GK: Akinfeev ©/Chepchugov

DR(fullback/auto): Semberas/Nababkin

DL(fullback/auto): Monzon/Schennikov

DC(centreback/defend): A. Berezutskiy/V.Berezutskiy

DC(cb/cover): Ignasievich/Cosic

DMC(defensive mid/defend): Mamaev/Aldonin/Rahimic

MC(B2B): Honda/Sapeta/Mamaev

AMR(winger/attack): Krasic/Dzalamidze

AML(inside fwd/support): Mark Gonzalez/Piliev

AMC(Adv PM/att): Dzagoev/Guilherme

FC(poacher or TM): Savin/Necid

Beat Rubin 1-0 in the Super Cup to get things off to a nice start.

Akinfeev, Krasic, Dzagoev and Schennikov so good.

Good luck Edgar, even though you did abandon me. Sob.

Thanks Joe. It was nothing personal. Just got bored of such a blow out in the league and failure in the CL.

Krasic is already turning out to be a favourite, along with Honda and Monzon.

Krasic's performances are also bringing out the admirers. Barca are leading the way.

Had a great start to the league campaign but also suffering a lot of injuries. Luckily back ups are stepping up, Piliev in particular, until he had his ankle broken vs Tom and is now out for 3 months. With Krasic already out the cupboard is bare on the right wing. Akinfeev getting injured could also prove troublesome, he's out for 2 weeks and will miss 3 or 4 games.

Krasic is superb. Had him for Sparta Prague (admittedly a slightly weaker league) and he tore the division apart and was useful in Europe too.

Noticed that you were previously Bayern and knocked it on the head because of not winning the CL, CSKA is an odd choice if you want to do well in that comp surely?:D

I'm stuck on who to be, keep loading and reloading (must have been about 10 times i've done this today) so might look in to having a bash in Russia (never done it before) depending on how you get on. Are you using an updated DB?

Krasic is superb. Had him for Sparta Prague (admittedly a slightly weaker league) and he tore the division apart and was useful in Europe too.

Noticed that you were previously Bayern and knocked it on the head because of not winning the CL, CSKA is an odd choice if you want to do well in that comp surely?:D

I'm stuck on who to be, keep loading and reloading (must have been about 10 times i've done this today) so might look in to having a bash in Russia (never done it before) depending on how you get on. Are you using an updated DB?

Not updated db. Would have done if I'd started in the EPL but not that bothered elsewhere.

Krasic is indeed superb, playing him AMR as winger/attack but with moves into channels. Doing an excellent job.

As for leaving my Bayern save for this one, CL wasn't the only thing, the league was far too easy and not doing well in the CL compounded that. Having said that, if I can keep the core of this team together for a couple of years and add some solid CB's I can see us pushing for CL glory. The trick will be keeping them altogether and happy.

I'd also never done Russia before so wanted to give it a whirl.

I know your pain on who to be, I've actually started 5 saves this weekend and saved them all once I've taken over a club, just so I can jump in when the mood takes me.

So 16 games into my CSKA career and things are going well. Scored 34 goals and only conceded 6, we're sitting top of the league by 4 points from Zenit. We've beaten Rubin 1-0 in the Super Cup and now just beaten them 2-0 in the Russian Cup Final. Can't wait to test us against some continental opposition to be honest. I think my defence might be shown up then but they are a solid unit and could surprise me.

Top 5 players so far:

Fabian Mozon - 12 appearances; 2 goals; 2 assists; 7.66 av rating: A sending off for 2 yellows in a league match is the only blot on his copybook so far. He has been fantastic and a key component in defence and attack.

Alan Dzagoev - 13(2); 3; 10; 7.59 - The heartbeat of my team, everything goes through him. To much success. Have managed to get him to extend his contract by another 2 years but the vultures are circling.

Tomas Necid - 10(2); 8; 1; 7.42 - I feared that I'd made a mistake giving him the lone front man role. Proved me wrong by playing as if he's much older than his 18 years.

Sergey Ignashevich - 14; 1; 0; 7.37 - Has formed a fearsome centre back partnership with the next man on my list

Alexey Berezutskiy - 14; 1; 0; 7.35 - Was actually behind his brother in pre season pecking order but when Vasiliy picked up an injury Alexiy came in and done the business.

Can't forget to mention the rest of my sturdy defensive unit, Deividas Semberas and Igor Akinfeev. Semberas is another who was 2nd choice on pre season form but took his chance when Nababkin faltered. What can I say about Akinfeev that hasn't already been said? Genius. Extended contract signed.

Krasic was great for the first 4 games but since then has had a series of niggles that have limited his playing time. I've extended his contract also.

Just got to the CL draw stage. Tricky group: Arsenal, Dinamo Kiev and Wolfsburg. Not sure what to make of it, can't see me getting anything out of the goons, but Kiev and Wolfsburg are beatable if we are on the top of our game. Tbh I wouldn't be too upset at 3rd place and into the Europa.

Beat Zenit 2-0 away to sew up the title with 4 games to go. Meanwhile in the CL, we've lost to Kiev at home, beaten Wolfsburg away and lost to Arsenal home and away. We're 3rd on 3 points with Kiev 2nd on 6 points and Wolfsburg bottom on 0 pts. Obviously we still have a shot at qualifying but I'd say 3rd is the most likely finishing spot. I've had to fend off lots of interest in Krasic and Dzagoev. So far they are staying put, just not sure how long that will last. James Rodriguez is settling in very quickly and looking class, very pleased, never had him before but always heard good things and seen him become good under AI control. Kryvtsov is also fitting in nicely although he has had less opportunities to play. His time will come though.

I had a save going with CSKA a while back, can't find it though so I'm about to start again. And as I said in a post further up the page Necid and Guilherme upfront together are leathal.

Here are my transfers

OUT

Loads - Totalling £2.6M

INS

Guilherme £10.25M (Made his loan permanent)

Dodo - £2.5M

Sergey Parshivlyuk £5M

FUTURE Transfers

Morten Gamst Pederson - Free

Adriano - Free

Juan Angel Albin - Free

Nicolas N'Koulou - Free

Diego Buonanotte - Free

EDIT: You can now be sure Semberas will now be leaving after breaking Dzagoev's pelvis and Dzagoev is now out for 4-5 months :mad:

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone have suggestions for beat real madrid on Santiago Bernabeu?

I must draw with goal or win but i see more difficult.

Suggestions for player vs real madrid or modific tactis?

They are so tough. Are you on an update facing Jose's team or on an original facing Pelligrini's team? Against Jose I've used a diamond to good effect, the DMC should be anchor man and if good enough set to man mark Kaka (or whoever they have at AMC). Against Pellegrini I have no idea except pray. That was the only thing that worked for me.

There is one alternative and that is to go very attacking, 4-3-3 with 3 CM's and 3 proper strikers has worked once for me! Of course it has also left my team battered into submission. Good luck :thup:

Archived