Youth Academys [WIP]

sporadicsmiles

Ok, so recently I have seen a lot of threads on regens, and improving them for smaller nations, etcetc. So this gave me an idea of setting up a youth academy for every nation on the game. Here is so far how I have it working:

- Each academy must be in a league, as you know, so I have created, for example, the African Youth League. All African Youth teams go in here.

- I used the following formula to calculate what the youth setup attribute will be:

10+(REP/10000)

where REP is the countries reputation. I round these to the nearest whole number. Maximum is 20, minimum is 10.

- Doing this for each continent should improve the number and quality of regens.

For the sake of some realism I will have to make sure that I don't start flooding the world with insanely good regens from not very good countries. Of course there will be the odd superb regen from New Caledonia say just because of good youth facilities. I have still to experiment with the reputation of these academies (so that the youth will go and join you), and other things.

So far I have created African, South American, and Oceanic Youth leagues, and tested them until 2015. There is a steady flux of new players from these clubs, but so far not a huge number of amazing ones. I have a lot of fiddling around, 3 more continents (large ones) to make, testing and retesting to do before this can be seen as a working idea.

Would anyone be interested in having this when it was done? If people would I am more than happy to share, if not then I am equally happy to experiment on my own =}

Download here (filefront)

sporadicsmiles - this sounds pretty similar to something I have been constructing myself over the past couple of weekends. :)

I am currently just over halfway through my experimental database - which is to use a tiny European nation (I've used Kazakhstan) and have created a fantasy league structure, whereby every playable FIFA nation (just over 200 I think) has a "youth academy" club. Unlike your idea, I have given every club a youth setup / training facilities of 20 and they all have identical reputations of just 1,000.

My plan is then to see how giving every nation in the World a youth academy club such as this, what will happen to World football in 5, 10, 20, 50 years time, especially if the only leagues I load for my experiment are these fantasy leagues and will only load a small database of players (albeit with all current international players loaded).

sporadicsmiles - this sounds pretty similar to something I have been constructing myself over the past couple of weekends. :)

I am currently just over halfway through my experimental database - which is to use a tiny European nation (I've used Kazakhstan) and have created a fantasy league structure' date=' whereby every playable FIFA nation (just over 200 I think) has a "youth academy" club. Unlike your idea, I have given every club a youth setup / training facilities of 20 and they all have identical reputations of just 1,000.

My plan is then to see how giving every nation in the World a youth academy club such as this, what will happen to World football in 5, 10, 20, 50 years time, especially if the only leagues I load for my experiment are these fantasy leagues and will only load a small database of players (albeit with all current international players loaded).[/quote']

Very interesting, keep us updated on your results! :thup:

Although I have to add, Kazakhstan is NOT in Europe my friend. Not even close. ;)

Walcott's Wonderkids:

Yeah it is darn tedious stuff at times, but i do it when i have other things on the go and have time. I just have Europe to do, I saved the one that I know best for last, when I have the least enthusiasm =P. I think having all the youth setups at 20 would make too many excellent regens from not so excellent footballing countries. I'm trying to improve regen creation for smaller nations without really affecting the balance of the game.

So far I have given all my youth academies a rep of 3500 (just a random number for now), they are not allowed to play players over the age of 18, and have their youth setups set as i described earlier. Each continent has its own league set up in a small (footballing wise =P) in its host continent (well south america is in guyana, which is geographically S.A. but football-wise N.A.). I am gonna run some tests to make sure that these players actually end up at clubs though.

RecklessNL:

The country doesnt need to have a higher rep, i just used their rep as a guide to how good a youth facility i should give their academy. That way a nations academy for say Brazil will produce more and better regens than one for Mongolia, say. This is to try to keep the game balanced, i dont really want Mongolia to win the world cup (ok a lie but occasionally i might want something real =} ).

If you are setting it up in an already saved game, i hguess you is using an in-game editor like FMRTE. In that case, find some clubs in the nation you want to improve the regens from, and give them better youth fascilities. The bigger the number the better regens will be produced (or more often good ones will be, i am unsure of the dynamic yet). So if you want excellent regens right away, give a few clubs a 20 youth fascility. Id back up your save first tho, incase it doesnt work out the way you want.

For those interested, I have now completed creating a youth academy for all the nations listed in the db, including creating national kits and stadia (actually, i have to do the stadium thing for africa still, but thats a 20 minute job). So i am going to try to run some long tests on this to see what happens, and to see if the files are stable. Then i will just let it run, and see what happens to regens.

I would be happy to put these on here once i know they are working, so other people can either experiment with regen production, as I plan to do, or stick them in games to try to sign that 14 yr old Azeri whizz kid (who I have just seen on one of the tests I loaded, he was godly, and 45k!). They wont be up until tomorow night at the earliest, still have to make a few changes to the African teams. But this does seem interesting.

Hey, to make things realistic, then make Poland have good youth regens in upcoming years. In the next few seasons, our clubs should be very modern and have some of the best facilities in Europe (except for teams like Barca or Arsenal or something :p) and we should start producing very good players.

Letting you know this as going by our 'rep' won't get something realistic for us in the future.

PS. I am interested in trying this. :)

Hey guys, sorry for the long delay, I had a very busy week this week and haven't been able to spend as much time playing with these dbs as i would like.

I am happy to release them as they are, the African database is sert up slightly differently to the others, as I did it first and then came up with a new way of arranging things. I will actually edit it this evening and upload them all. I think this would work really well with a bit of tweaking, it has increased some nations in my test considerably, and others not at all, which i guess is a matter of pot luck with the regens.

To answer the questions of how this is set up, i have basically taken a small nation on each continent, that would likely not be being used for a custom league. Into this i have added the a youth academy for each nation, in a league form. The number of levels, and setup of divisions varies depending on number of teams and what numbers seemed to fit. I believe i used Guyana (S. Am), British Virgin Isles (N. Am), Vanuatu (Oce), liechtenstein (Eur), Cape Verde (Afr), Laos (Asi) as the nations for the league.

Poland have a rep of around 6000, i think, so they will have youth fascilities of 16. I have found that having a youth academy of 20 doesnt guarentee a mass of excellent youngsters, very few Brazilian and Argentinian regens were produced for example (which is great, because they already have domestic clubs who have excellent youth facilities). I will continue to tweak and experiment with this.

For those interested, the record transfer fee that a product of one of the youth academies has attracted is £35.9m for a italian right back.

Well, so far it didn't seem they were. I did do a relatively long test to see what kinda people were made. Naturally when you have an incredibly poor footballing nation that suddenly gets its first real decent academy, there are going to be a lot of players from it going on to be good internationals - but they never get to be Messi or Rooney class, and there have never been a huge number of exceptional players from a small nation at one time. For instance in one test i did there was a Palestinian kid who was very talented, and he pretty much carried his national team. This does kinda reflect real life to a degree, there are some very talented footballers for otherwise mediocre footballing nations - this will hopefully just extend the 'mediocre' down to 'non-existant'.

Of course I am not claiming that this is perfect yet, it is very much in need of tweaking and testing, of new ideas and experiments on what certain things do to regen production. Which is the main reason I am releasing it onto here - I am quite happy to let people mess around with this (as long as noone reuploads as their own work).

Speaking of, here is a link to download (filefront). I'll add this to the first post too. I didn't get time to edit Africa yet, so it is slightly different in its setup.

I'd like to hear about anything you notice about using this, for instance you notice too many regens, not enough, bugs, flaws, or just reporting back on things you have tried yourselves with it.

Archived