Real Skin

Robes

Download Link:

http://rapidshare.com/files/232416977/realskinver03.rar

Real Skin Version 0.3

What is Real Skin?

Real Skin is an attempt to make Football Manager 2009 a more realistic and immersive experience. I say attempt because I am learning as I go and at the moment I consider this skin as nothing more then a hack so please be aware that you use this at your own risk! Make sure you backup your FM folders before you install these files! That being said I'm sure there won't be any problems. Please note that this is not a skin that makes FM09 prettier, if anything it makes it a little worse :)

How does Real Skin work?

At the moment Real Skin simply removes visible attributes from the game. No longer will you be able to scour the transfer market for strikers sorted by their finishing skill! Nor will you be able to compare your squad of players by their individual attributes.

Wait, you've removed attributes? Then how the hell do I select my team?

Stats. Form. That sort of thing. Pay attention to the information your backroom staff give you. Watch the games and see who performs and who doesn't. Oh, and also I've left the overview screen in for the time being, I believe it gives a little balance to the game as many people can give generalised information on certain players and the overview is similar (e.g. oh yeah Nesta, he's a pretty good defender). It may be possible to make the overview screen a little more ambigious in the future, something that may later be added.

The idea is that with less knowledge of attributes you immerse yourself in the experience a little more. You play the players that perform well for the team, not the players with the best attributes. You will scout players and listen to your scouts valuable information on potential targets. Suddenly your backroom staff become your eyes and ears and it's vitally important that you hire the very best that you can!

This just sounds like a load of hard work to be honest with you.

Ok, don't use it! I just made it for myself and thought others may want to try it out. I understand that it's probably not going to be popular!

Finally, if you know a little bit about skinning or modding and would like to help out then send me an email to realskin@hotmail.co.uk. It may be possible that someone has already done a better skin for this exact purpose, if so I'll stop now and let me know where I can get it from!

Installation:

Simply pop the 'real' folder into your FM09 skins folder. This is normally located on the C: in My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\skins

Version history:

Version 0.3

- Adjusted the polygon analyser to be a little more ambigious. There are now 6 catagories instead of 8. Read below for the detailed changes.

Version 0.2

- Changed Player Profile to show overview only

- Removed attributes from the Player Comparison screen

Version 0.1

- Removed 'Technical' and 'Mental' Attributes from the Player Profile

- Removed attributes from the person search list

- Removed attributes from the team squad screen

- Removed the view menu and the attribute table from the Player Attribute History (Training Attribute changes)

- Removed attributes from the tactic person list (Tactics screen)

Bugs

- Polygon Analyser needs to be adujsted for goalkeepers

- Unable to remove 'Physical' attributes in the player profile as the 'Other' table is somehow linked to it, the 'Other' table is still of some importance as it shows morale, recent form and condition *Fixed due to Player Profile forced to overview*

Polygon Analyser changes:

The polygon analyser has been reduced to six catagories from what was previously eight. The idea is to make the polygon analyser a little more like a common knowledge feature. For instance whilst listening to a tv program you may hear that a certain player is very physical or very fast, the polygon analyser should represent this knowledge without being overly accurate. View the readme file for more info.

Screenshots

2n6gck2.jpg

Beckford's profile showing the new attribute overview polygon

2i06t0x.jpg

A player search showing the reduced options for viewing.

Hi, yes I have played like this before and it's extremely difficult as you might think! Where as before I used to simply ignore assistant suggestions for signings and loan deals, now it's a vital part of the game! It takes time to build up a useful pool of players in your shortlist and you really have to rely on your scouts opinions. However with these mods I've taken it alot further then ever before so I haven't had the time to fully test it yet. This is most definitely a work in progress.

One unfortunate thing is that a lot of the time the scout reports don't contain enough information. This is something I would like to change however it looks like it's hardcoded within the game.

As for screenshots, I have added one but please bare in mind that it's not a skin to make the game attractive, it's actually removing options from the game. Also I don't claim to have a great understanding of skinning and if there is anyone out there that knows more and would like to help out then get in touch!

Its not something i'd use as scouting has never been something i enjoy, i prefer to make my own judgement on their attributes. However imo this skin does make the game more realistic and keeping the Polygon is good because then you aren't completly in the dark over a players attributes, i think this is definatly the type of thing the guys over at LLM should use considering how serious they are about having a realistic game, gotta say well done Robes:thup:

P.S off topic but thats a hell of a team you've got with Leeds there considering your in League One, did you start the game with everyone as a free agent?

Its not something i'd use as scouting has never been something i enjoy, i prefer to make my own judgement on their attributes. However imo this skin does make the game more realistic and keeping the Polygon is good because then you aren't completly in the dark over a players attributes, i think this is definatly the type of thing the guys over at LLM should use considering how serious they are about having a realistic game, gotta say well done Robes:thup:

P.S off topic but thats a hell of a team you've got with Leeds there considering your in League One, did you start the game with everyone as a free agent?

That's a player search, I think.

In my game as Leeds I got a sugar dad of a chairman and was able to spend a few bob on players and wages, I think Leeds get this quite often as it happened when I was manager of a different team.

• 1 year later...

Archived