Gotta love the financial trouble... But have I cheated?

I'm playing as Brechin City in the Scottish 2nd division. In January, I was sitting second behind Queen's Park.

Then I notice that Queens Park are in heavy financial trouble, so much so that all their players contract's have expired, and that they've been kept by the club on one month rolling contracts, not paying them anything.

So I decided to help myself to some of their talent, and then got a bit carried away... now half their 1st team is rotting in my reserves. Of the players they have left, 22 games into the season, they have scored 4 goals between them. Needless to say, they have crumbled, losing their last 3 games in a row, the most recent being a 5-0 defeat to Montrose who were bottom of the league heading in to the game.

SO did I cheat? Or would you have done the same thing?

I'm playing as Brechin City in the Scottish 2nd division. In January, I was sitting second behind Queen's Park.

Then I notice that Queens Park are in heavy financial trouble, so much so that all their players contract's have expired, and that they've been kept by the club on one month rolling contracts, not paying them anything.

So I decided to help myself to some of their talent, and then got a bit carried away... now half their 1st team is rotting in my reserves. Of the players they have left, 22 games into the season, they have scored 4 goals between them. Needless to say, they have crumbled, losing their last 3 games in a row, the most recent being a 5-0 defeat to Montrose who were bottom of the league heading in to the game.

SO did I cheat? Or would you have done the same thing?

Well they rent out Hampden so it wouldn't suprise me.

Also, jonesy, I'm not entirely sure what your second comment meant but I think you implied I had used the editor to give them lot's of debt.

If that is the case then you are mistaken, I have never used any editor on any game in the series, and their debt has actually increased since my post. Thier value is now £8.5 million with £7.5 million loan debt.

I'd really rather you not accuse me of editing, it's not something I find enjoyable.

And also, if I had used the edititor so eliminate my opposition, surely I wouldn't feel the need to try and justify my actions when I pick up half their team on free's. If I was willing to edit, I wouldn't have such morale issues.

(Not that editing is immorale, but it's cheating, and I don't liek cheating, hence why I'm asking others to confirm for me that I havn't cheated)

Well they rent out Hampden so it wouldn't suprise me.

Also, jonesy, I'm not entirely sure what your second comment meant but I think you implied I had used the editor to give them lot's of debt.

If that is the case then you are mistaken, I have never used any editor on any game in the series, and their debt has actually increased since my post. Thier value is now £8.5 million with £7.5 million loan debt.

I'd really rather you not accuse me of editing, it's not something I find enjoyable.

And also, if I had used the edititor so eliminate my opposition, surely I wouldn't feel the need to try and justify my actions when I pick up half their team on free's. If I was willing to edit, I wouldn't have such morale issues.

(Not that editing is immorale, but it's cheating, and I don't liek cheating, hence why I'm asking others to confirm for me that I havn't cheated)

what i meant was i think Si mis-programmed the queens park - scotland - fa - hampden relationship.

in real life the scottish fa pay lots of money to queens park to rent out the offices and for internationals. but FM doesnt recognise this so queens park have to pay huge bills and dont get the crowds to balance that so they go into huge debt and the stadium gets reduced in size which effects people managing scotland who have to play in a 5000 seater stadium

i don't think it's cheating mate, it's a bit dishonest, but then again it happens all over the epl (chelski and man yoo buy players they don't need so that others don't get them (Wright-Phillips, Saha, etc).

The only think i've done similar was as the Australian and Sydney FC manager I had an international game on the same week as an ACL semi final with my bogey team the Newcastle Jets, so what i did was call up nearly their entire first 11 (well, those who were aussie) to the national team and promptly flogged the jets in the game!!

to top it off i only used 1 of their players in my national team (that hammered qatar!).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Neji:

I wouldn't say its cheating because you could do this IRL in the same situation. Certianly moral values being questioned though icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon14.gif whs.

I did something similar in N. Ireland. Two teams turned pro, along side me (although about 15 years later) - and had 5 or 6 key players, making the teams almost as good as me. So I bought them. They were no longer a problem. End of story. icon_smile.gif

Archived