Outrageous request

FM never stopped to amaze me. Its continues phlegmatic attitude towards us... the players/buyers.. it's unbelievable!

Besides AI's cheats (always)... let me give you a sample.

I am now in 2014, and try to buy a 29 years old striker from Arsenal.

I have players like Rooney and Ronaldo who are still valued at 67-68M euros... and never got an offer better then 17-19M euros for them... But when I try to buy from the AI:

See for yourselves:

feeks5.th.jpg

I forgot... I clicked .. View offer.... so the amount goes to 456M!!!!! I wonder what can one person buy with that amount of money in RL.

I now the game is phlegmatic towards the player... but... WHERE IS THE LIMIT!!!???

fee2je0.th.jpg

Sigames... pls ...bring down to earth the AI's requests!!!!!

I dont understand what you're getting at? :confused:

Uhm ... name me a club in the history of football ... that payed almost half of billion for any given player. Do we still play a game that simulates reality... or is it just me being stupid!??

Well it could be that you're Arsenal's rival, but I agree prices are still a bit too high. There are players with £100m price tags like Kaka and Benzema, but I doubt it will ever get to the 200m range without someone stepping in. The premier league is looking at this right now IRL though so changes could be made.

well it doesnt help that you are a rival club so maybe they are just doing what most people do in these cases

If i go Manchester United and for example Chelsea want to buy Rooney off me I will set a massive ask price of lets say £300M knowing no club would pay that much for one player thus decreasing the chance of the player becoming unhappy because I have rejected a transfer offer so it isn't really rubbish AI it is actually quite clever

I agree the request is totally outrageous. But the reality is that the two clubs are huge rivals. Add to that the fact that Arsenal's manager in all probability doesnt like you, you can imagine why they're quoting a price which you'll never agree to. But like I said, despite this fact, the price is still idiotic.

On some level though, I do think its somewhat realistic. Because IRL, Arsenal wouldnt consider selling a player of the calibre of Adebayor to Man Utd at all.

Its been the same for a long time on FM. And I dont think its about to change anytime soon.

Uhm ... name me a club in the history of football ... that payed almost half of billion for any given player. Do we still play a game that simulates reality... or is it just me being stupid!??

They're just trying to prise you out of a deal, which they succeeded in doing I pressume. Nothing "outrageous" about that to my knowledge.

AI should have the same possibility as us ... human manager: Reject .... and with a given reason.

Like: Arsenal rejected your offer because they consider the player indispensable and further more, they don't want to sell to a rival club.

But instead it has chosen a "method of manifestation" who almost.... insults me.

I tried once to buy a good player and AI requested 200M ... i thought then that... that amount was ridiculous but now... 456M ..... almost 10 times its real value.

And pls... don't tell me that in RL Manchester wouldn't sell Rooney ... for ... lets say a little over 100M... I mean common... if I were the chairman of Man Utd... I would give a televised conference... and asked the fans: " Common' guys... it 100M .. we can but 3 little rooneys with that money".

It think you are being a bit silly really.

Arsenal dont want to sell him, so they asked for a ridiculous amount money hoping you would withdraw from negotiations. You did, and they are happy. I dont see what the big deal is.

agree with this.

to the OP, if you were arsenal and man united came in with a bid for adebayor and you absolutely didnt want to sell him, tell me you wouldnt do something similar to encourage man united to lose interest?

maybe yes the AI should just say, "you're a rival, no chance" message instead of ramping the price up but i suppose this is its own way of telling us "no way, you're a rival.."

arsenal would not withdraw from a 200M bid for one of their players.

however, in defence of the game, you get money wayyy too easy so it kinda equals out the ammont of cash you get to prices.. :/

I agree with this when a player is managing a big club. It's slightly more frustrating in the lower leagues where money can be hard to come by, but then again, Luton are likely to tempt someone like Kaka or Benzema

Archived