Fan Day.......

Just a quick couple of things that have been wondering through my mind........

1). I've just started a season with a championship side and have noticed that a couple if the teams i've played against have selected my fixture with them as a 'Fan Day'. Basically a way for them to get new people into the ground to watch there team. Does anyone know how you go about setting this up as i'd love to drag a few more people through the turnstiles.........even if its just to laugh at my shambles of a defence!

2). Does anyone not bother picking a goalkeeper on the bench?? I always do but have never in my many yrs playing the game have had a gk sent off or injured!!?

ta

I'm managing Farsley Celtic and the board have arranged 2 fan days over 2 seasons. Both times I won those matches by a margin of at least 2 goals with what I considered pretty good team performances but my feedback has always been something along the lines of 'it was a disappointing match, didn't have much effect, blah blah blah.' Now that I'm playing in BSP I've noticed a fair few other clubs seem to have them (been involved in 3 other fixtures which were fan days for the opposing teams).

Always have a goalie on the bench, it's just habit.

I had a keeper on the bench ~50% of the time in FM07 and earlier versions, but in FM08 probably more like 20% of the time, if that, because they almost never get injured or sent off.

In FM06 I got stung numerous times. My Whitley Bay team usually turned to jelly when we lost our goalkeeper and shipped 5 or 6 goals on a few occasions. My Newcastle United team, on the other hand, came from 5-2 down with a right winger in goal one game to win 6-5 and my Derby County team somehow won or drew every game in which they had to put an outfield player in goal - it was all very strange!

Archived