You biggest flop signing (naming warning)

£26million for a regen, he was from the Ukraine. i had high hopes for him. Needless to say massive flop, caused my lack of a job. So now i have stopped paying anything over £8million for any player.

£53million on Sergio Ramos back on FM07 i was Arsenal played 1 season (2013-2014) i think won the double then next seasonwas dominating until November then could not win a game - 1st team lost to Leyton Oreint in FA cup 3rd round so i panic baught a defender - needless to say he averaged 5.6 in my last 6 games before i quit 1game from the sack.

I signed Bojan for £20m for AS Roma and he has only scored 7 times with 3 matches of the season remaining!

I'm going to give him a second season and hoping he's settled into the Italian lifestyle by then!

P.S. This is the most I've ever paid for a player by about £12m!

I don't know if this strictly counts but I'll share it anyway, done pretty well so far with signings in FM09...

Wanted to buy a young left back from Swindon. Got them to accept an offer of £325k + a young right winger I had. Got him to agree a contract, but pulled out at confirmation stage because I thought the winger might end up being good so ideally wanted to keep him. Can't agree a fee within my transfer budget so go back in for him same deal as before. Bid is accepted, I offer a contract and eagerly await the signing... only for Hibernian to come in and get an offer accepted. As I'm only a bottom half Championship side he opts for Hibs, and I miss out.

The story doesn't end there, however. A year later I have been promoted to the Premiership and bid to get him from Hibs, but instead he picks Wigan and goes there for £4.5m. Then end of the season he leaves to Man City for £15m, rated as a 'wonderkid', and I flog the young (and ultimately rubbish) right winger to Bohemians to £200k. He'll forever be the one that got away...

A Dutch attacking midfielder for Newcastle, signed in January 2010 for € 7.75 million.

Got 6 games, average rating 5.9, no goal, no assist.

After 6 months loaned to some Spanish side for 1.4m + 6.5m buying option, so at least economically the damage should hopefully be minimal.

Archived